The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would you like the ability to trade Crown items with other players?

• Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this would help players get items they want.
    Yes, as long as it is not Crown Store Motifs or any Crown substitute for an in-game consumable. If anything, it will hurt botting since they won't be able to gold sell as easily.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, current system is fine
    Hell No! That would make the game pay to win!
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thaaaaat would be pay to win. I spend real life money, doesn't matter what I get, and get in game gold to upgrade gear, pay people for runs, etc.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep saying it would be pay to win but no one has actually explained how it would happen other than the impulse knee-jerk reaction to it. Could someone from the other side of this please actually explain /how/ a trade system which would have safe-guards, would equate to pay to win, with how incredibly inconvenient, clunky, and bass-awkward the scheme to trade something they payed for irl turning into in game gold is? How does that equate to pay to win, since they are cosmetic, and gold is just a monetary trade mechanism, which is the same as crown store items, a trade mechanism? How is this pay to win?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, Star trek online and neverwinter (i think) already allows selling items bought with premium currency for in-game common currency in the exchange/Auction house, so why not in ESO?

Because people that just flip items on the guild trader or farm mats shouldn't have all the same stuff that people have who actually support the game with real money. It would massively devalue the worth of crowns and items from the crown store.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been said, but there would be no way to prevent a direct exchange of cash to gold.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    If the items were accessible in other non monetary ways yes I’d be open to it but due to them mostly being crown exclusive, no
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other:
    Seems like that would be difficult to implement without being exploited somehow by gold sellers. They do have the concierge service where you can put in a ticket to gift a currently available crown store item to another player out of your crown balance. Maybe they could allow a trade between accounts that way. But really I don't see much financial benefit to the company in that.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    At the very least, create a crown exchange where players can buy or sell crowns for gold. (Similar to WoW with tokens).

If players were able to essentially buy gold for money by first buying crowns with the money and then selling them in game to another player for gold, it would deal a crippling blow to the gold-farming bots. The gold farmers want actual cash, not crowns that are useless to them as far as they're concerned, and that they'll just lose when the accounts they run the bots on inevitably get banned.

Crowns wouldn't be directly tradeable between players, only anonymously through a central exchange that would set the exchange rate based on the volume traded. This would prevent anyone from arranging any "side deal" involving the exchange of real life currency.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should Zos develop a trade system for Crown items players may want to gift, swap, or trade?

Slippery slope. Shouldn't happen. You're going to get people who buy collectibles for people, only to rake in gold... and considering gold farmer accounts already plague Tamriel, it becomes a case of illegitimate players being able to flood the market with gold, under the guise of buying "high value" crown items. Those 1.3 million gold transactions won't look so sketchy on ZOS end anymore.

Sounds nice in practice, for the person getting the crown items - but would fundamentally destroy the in-game economy. (asif it's not already a disaster.)
    Edited by lagrue on September 29, 2017 11:55PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm always for changes to make the game better for the players. Drain the swamp! Make ESO great for once! No BOP items EVER either! And give us a gd AH!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Limited Time Offers was a can of worms I hated see come to the game because it created a precedence for impulse buying and would open the door for Gamble Boxes.

Crown Crates was a can of worms I hated see come to the game because it creates an incentive for ZOS to focus in on the Gamble Boxes over other aspects of the game. Where RNG and rarity of items are deeply influenced by plans of placing the items in these boxes.

Trading and Selling of Crown Crate items in game is a can of worms that I know for a fact will absolutely turn the worth of in game gold into dust. Golds worth will fluctuate with the influence of whales as they flooded the market, or restricted certain items with nothing more than the power of their Visa or Mastercard.

No real good can come of selling Crown Crate items to other players.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a way to buy gold with money. Then that gold is used to buy gear. Which then causes the game economy to inflate, so people buy more crowns to trade for gold and so on.
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    I support this idea. I wouldn't mind an alternative way to actually get the items I want

Considering were just talking cosmetics, it doesn't seem like an issue to me

Also, pretty much every other major game is doing it, let us trade our collectibles please!
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea. I wouldn't mind an alternative way to actually get the items I want

Also, pretty much every other major game is doing it, let us trade our collectibles please!

I know! I used to play a game called Neopets, and their cash shop had a trade system! Overall it was a success. It had pin numbers and lots of security checks. I think Zos should visit this idea and see what they think they could provide for us. There have been soooo many Crown items, the market has been saturated with stuff from crates, we're in our what, 4th season of them? I really don't think the people who trade a crown item for gold would effect our economy.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The absolute vast majority of sought after Crown Crate Items would be unobtainable to the average player through player to player sales/trade. Players would set exuberant prices and only other whales would be able to meet the price with gold they obtained through similar sales. The average joe shmoe player would maybe get ahold of some of the spammed items that drop in crates. The ones that didnt sell too well when they were in the store and are of poorer art quality.

This would not be some great opportunity for the playerbase. It would be an opportunity for the whales to take control of the economy and drive the in game worth of gold up and down as they saw fit.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know! I used to play a game called Neopets, and their cash shop had a trade system! Overall it was a success. It had pin numbers and lots of security checks. I think Zos should visit this idea and see what they think they could provide for us. There have been soooo many Crown items, the market has been saturated with stuff from crates, we're in our what, 4th season of them? I really don't think the people who trade a crown item for gold would effect our economy.

If you want something why not actually pay for it?
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nowhere have I said I would rather not pay for something. The whole concept is to help people trade items they don't want. I have so many friends who complain they have items for the wrong gender, for example, and wish they had other things, and would trade them if given the chance.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please. It'd be awesome to gift Crown Store stuff I buy or Crown Crate stuff.
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nowhere have I said I would rather not pay for something. The whole concept is to help people trade items they don't want. I have so many friends who complain they have items for the wrong gender, for example, and wish they had other things, and would trade them if given the chance.

So this is just about the crates? The point of random chance crates is that you lose most of the time and get something you can't use. If they were tradeable they would have to reduce the drop rates of desirable items even further to compensate for that. They will not give you anything for free, no matter how hard you beg for it. Also people would randomly get rich in game because someone pays a few hundred million for an apex mount.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So this is just about the crates? The point of random chance crates is that you lose most of the time and get something you can't use. If they were tradeable they would have to reduce the drop rates of desirable items even further to compensate for that. They will not give you anything for free, no matter how hard you beg for it. Also people would randomly get rich in game because someone pays a few hundred million for an apex mount.

No its not just about crates, you keep jumping to wrong conclusions here :( It will not break the economy any more than its already broke if people decided to send someone a Crown item for another crown item, be it another crown item, gold, or items. Items and vanity things do not equal pay to win in any way! People already pay others to complete content for them, they buy gold, they buy mats, and we have bots out the yazoo. How would liquidating unwanted crown items between consenting people going to do what you are suggesting?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely . Anything that leads away from crown crate only is a great step forward imo .
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No its not just about crates, you keep jumping to wrong conclusions here :( It will not break the economy any more than its already broke if people decided to send someone a Crown item for another crown item, be it another crown item, gold, or items. Items and vanity things do not equal pay to win in any way! People already pay others to complete content for them, they buy gold, they buy mats, and we have bots out the yazoo. How would liquidating unwanted crown items between consenting people going to do what you are suggesting?

So you do want crown items for free after all. Seriously, if you just give crown items out for ingame currency then it will massively devalue any item people bought with real money. I'm not talking about the ingame economy here, but about the real world economy. It doesn't matter if it's just cosmetics. If you want it, pay for it, it works like that everywhere, but for some reason on the internet people want everything for free.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you do want crown items for free after all. Seriously, if you just give crown items out for ingame currency then it will massively devalue any item people bought with real money. I'm not talking about the ingame economy here, but about the real world economy. It doesn't matter if it's just cosmetics. If you want it, pay for it, it works like that everywhere, but for some reason on the internet people want everything for free.

I never said I wanted crown items for free! I give up trying to hold this conversation, I am trying to be very clear with my statements and you're saying I am saying things that I'm not. Please re-read this thread and if you can stop putting words in my mouth we can re-approach this.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they won't allow it. But I would love to gift several items that I currently have to people that would love to have them. I know it would be a pita, but even if I could do it through a ZOS employee, that would be fantastic. I have a couple guar mounts that I will never use, some bears (mount and a pet) that I will never use, and I'm sure a ton of other mounts/pets/costumes that I am sure someone else would love to take off my hands. The idea of decluttering those spaces really makes me happy haha.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that there are two very different scenarios being discussed here.

First, there are some players who for the very best of motives would like to help out friends by giving them stuff they can't afford, while second there are some players who simply want to be able to trade with strangers stuff they don't want for stuff they do want.

The first scenario is perfectly decent and laudable, while the second scenario completely destroys the whole RNG concept as applied to things worth gambling or farming for and as such it would break the system and if not exactly an exploit it would for all intents and purposes be akin to cheating when compared to the present system and it would certainly trivialise things.

Unfortunately you can't have one scenario without the other, so I'm very much opposed to it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said I wanted crown items for free! I give up trying to hold this conversation, I am trying to be very clear with my statements and you're saying I am saying things that I'm not. Please re-read this thread and if you can stop putting words in my mouth we can re-approach this.

You're asking to be able to trade crown items for ingame gold (or other items), and that means in real-money terms that you are getting them for free. I think that's the point being made. See my previous reply - I don't doubt the sincerity of those who want to hand out stuff they no longer want (the recipient will, of course, be getting it for free if it's a gift as those players intend) but others will look on it as a full-blown commercial transaction trading stuff they don't want for stuff they do want and that trivialises the present system and changes the whole concept of crown items, as well as being open to abuse by e.g. gold sellers who would use it for laundering.
    Edited by Tandor on September 30, 2017 8:01AM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

You're asking to be able to trade crown items for ingame gold (or other items), and that means in real-money terms that you are getting them for free. I think that's the point being made. See my previous reply - I don't doubt the sincerity of those who want to hand out stuff they no longer want (the recipient will, of course, be getting it for free if it's a gift as those players intend) but others will look on it as a full-blown commercial transaction trading stuff they don't want for stuff they do want and that trivialises the present system and changes the whole concept of crown items, as well as being open to abuse by e.g. gold sellers who would use it for laundering.

Thank you for explaining this side more. I do see what you mean. I just think its worth a try though, I think the benefits outweigh the downsides.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think of the drama that would bring to this game...
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    No. What I want is for all you guys to stop buying crown crates so they'll start adding the items into the crown store for for individual outright purchase.

Like it used to be.