The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would you like the ability to trade Crown items with other players?

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Should Zos develop a trade system for Crown items players may want to gift, swap, or trade?
Edited by Sheezabeast on September 29, 2017 1:43AM
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!

Would you like the ability to trade Crown items with other players? 236 votes

Yes, this would help players get items they want.
53%
TheAtomicOptionnexxus_ESOGilvotharkansas_ESOMojmirBelegnoleEkadzaticavakthestampedeSkuashak71b16_ESOTurelusRebAlienSlofBam_BamSoupDragonFettkeewlNebthet78vrinerynthSheezabeast 127 votes
No, current system is fine
40%
Cpt_TeemoHanokihsPlagueSDterovian2000b14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOKhenarthiYakidafistatic_rechargeedopeyidkDyrideKetarmishPurpleDrankBlueVioletS1ipperyJimsparafucilsarwb17_ESOTeridaxusKorah_EaglecrystarkerealmAnrose 96 votes
Other:
5%
SlurgDeadlyRecluseNewBlacksmurfesp1992SylvisSilentRaven1972Cadburylucky_SageCrypticalEyesinthedrksupaskrubArdan147UnseenCat 13 votes
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one of those things better left untouched. I also have a bad feeling gold sellers will somehow make great use of this if ever added.
    In other words there will be far more cons than pros for this proclamation.

Edit and if not gold farmers then identity thieves.
    Edited by Rygonix on September 29, 2017 1:48AM
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a nice idea, but the problem is that this would encourage players to sell them to other players, either for real money or in game gold. If they sell them for gold, then its akin to goldselling, since they paid money for the item and got game gold for it. If its for RL money, then its selling game content for money, which is against TOS. I wish I could trade my skeletal wolf for someone's skeletal horse, but its not really worth opening that particular can of worms.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't happen for a couple of reasons, but it sure would be nice.
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love something like this so my bf and I can give each other motifs from the crown store we get duplicates of lol.
    pc na | trash tier
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will just become a P2w game tbh.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Will just become a P2w game tbh.

I don't understand though, lets say my husband got a face paint he didn't like and I had a costume he wanted, and we wanted to swap, with confirmation screens, wouldn't it be nice to swap what we want? I don't see how it could be pay to win, help me understand your side :)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    If they added a small crown free for each item traded, I'd be ok with that
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Ya if could be as cheap as 10 crowns, I don't think I'd like to pay over 100 crowns, I would be ok with that, would the trade initiator get charged it, or both parties?
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    Cadbury wrote: »

Ya if could be as cheap as 10 crowns, I don't think I'd like to pay over 100 crowns, I would be ok with that, would the trade initiator get charged it, or both parties?

Both parties. And 10 crowns sounds reasonable.
    Edited by Cadbury on September 29, 2017 5:05AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to buy some crown items for gold.
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooo. It would make the game P2W since people could use real life money to buy crowns, then trade them for in game gold or other items. Would be a very bad mistake. No.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    I would love to buy some crown items for gold.

With the saturation of items in the crown store, I think I'd be ok if people did this, as long as Zos allows you to report scammers, with documentation/screenshots.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooo. It would make the game P2W since people could use real life money to buy crowns, then trade them for in game gold or other items. Would be a very bad mistake. No.

People already buy gold, and the economy hasn't tanked. Doing it with real money isn't the easiest way, nor is it the most convenient. The people lame enough to do this are suckers if they go through with it.

* I am not advocating gold buying, I'm personally against it but I can't ignore it doesn't exist *
    Edited by Sheezabeast on September 29, 2017 5:09AM
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Swtor could really benefit from using this system's aspects, as the credit prices for items are basically trillion-mark-wheelbarrow.

As much as I would like to buy people items as gifts, I can see that transforming to a swtor-style system really wouldn't work well in the long-run.

Now, having said that, I might be for a system which allowed you to buy things like Steam sells them (for yourself or as a gift), but then I can imagine the soaring demands from "friends" for all and sundry gifts.
  • Blazedont
    Blazedont
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    Money is everything
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For instance, there's probably someone out there who wants a Plague Husk Horse, but gets a Frost Draugr Sench they have no interest in, while elsewhere someone is in the reverse situation. Being able to trade would not only make both happy, the experience would likely compel them to purchase in the future, knowing that if they get the wrong one again they can trade it to someone else for the right one, whereas someone who buys sixty crown crates and fails is likely to be soured on the idea of ever buying another crown crate.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know they’re way too greedy for that.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    only if it was gifting
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Azura yes! After a friend got two Armiger motifs then... Yeah I wanted one of those.

I would also gladly trade my Cinder Wolf for the Plague Horse.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will not happen. Cuts into ZOS profits.
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    Maybe, but I'm afraid there would be too many junk trade offers.

Yes, I'd love to trade off that pack of potions I'll probably never use. No, for the thousandth time, no, I will not trade it for one of your 30-odd Nix hounds... :p
  • Soulless_1
    Soulless_1
    ✭✭
    Most defenitely, yes.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or at least have the option to turn anything you get out of crown crates into gems. Not just duplicates
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be complicated, open to abuse and would likely lead to a degree of lost revenue for ZOS as players seek to swap Crown Crate items rather than spend money on new crates for the chance to get said item.

That said, I would be very happy to gift any unwanted or unused cosmetic items I have to players who might find a use for them.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • noxpox
    noxpox
    Soul Shriven
    How about you change the title to: "Would you like to have an ingame goldstore."
    If you make it tradeable, then that's what you'll have, a goldselling ingame store lmfao....trading your rl money for ingame currency, or vice versa...if you really want to give someone something form the clown store, give them your credit card...or your moms, whichever (just remember to ask her permission first, aight) - and have them buy it themselves.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    I would rather see an option to accept or reject items from crates that are not currently in collections. Got tattoos and an outfit that I have no use for, but now I'm stuck with them.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude with lots of money to spend buys loads of stuff from CS, the same dude sells all of that for gold.

Its basically a way to exchange real money for ingame money. Something that I'm strongly against personally.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other:
    If done in a way that didn't lead to crowns being de facto exchanged for gold, I'd be cool with it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    More ways to sell gold just so that people can use that gold to then buy crown items for cheaper than the crown price.

No thanks.
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, Star trek online and neverwinter (i think) already allows selling items bought with premium currency for in-game common currency in the exchange/Auction house, so why not in ESO?
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion