The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Back Bar Maelstrom Staff question

PS4_ZeColmeia
PS4_ZeColmeia
✭✭✭✭✭
With the change to Maelstrom weapons being set bonuses, does that now mean that if I use a VMA lightning staff on my back bar to cast wall of elements, that when I switch to my front bar that the next tick will no longer have the bonus? Or does it carry over when I switch bars?

If it doesn't carry over @ZOS_GinaBruno can the dev team review this? This will specifically eliminate any value in the set bonus for this staff since most, not all, people back bar wall of elements since it's an ground based AOE. I for one would not bother doing it for this weapon given this lack of carry over.
PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
Hybrid, All-Role NB

Best Answers

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems the post I was thinking about was from last patch.

I don't recall losing the benefit of my VMA staff on bar swap while on the PTS though.
    Edited by Sordidfairytale on September 27, 2017 6:24PM
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    Answer ✓
  • Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the patch notes themselves:
    It’s also worth noting that you will still be able to back bar weapons, such as the Maelstrom Bow or Inferno Staff, and still receive the bonus from them when their abilities are active.
    Answer ✓
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems the post I was thinking about was from last patch.

I don't recall losing the benefit of my VMA staff on bar swap while on the PTS though.

So when I read that, it didn't seem clear on that set bonus vs normal mechanics. I believe wall recalculates each tick, so it wasn't clear that it would continue recalculating at that level especially as you continue to add buffs from your front bar. I hope you're right but sometimes the intention doesn't match the implementation.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB