Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crit chance and damage cap

Amorpho
Amorpho
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if there is a cap to Crit Chance and Crit Damage?
The Gaming Rev
YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Magicka Nightblade, Breton
Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Stamina Templar, Orsimer
Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit chance cap is definitely at 100% as it doesn't make sense to raise it further than that regardless.
    I'm not so sure about crit damage modifier tho, iirc there's no cap at all but you can only reach up to x increase only. The base modifier is 1.5x for anyone and can be reduced through impen and debuffs.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
    Options
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crit chance cap is definitely at 100% as it doesn't make sense to raise it further than that regardless.
    I'm not so sure about crit damage modifier tho, iirc there's no cap at all but you can only reach up to x increase only. The base modifier is 1.5x for anyone and can be reduced through impen and debuffs.

Thanks. It's for a PVE build. I've created a mag-sorc with 70% crit chance. In fact, now that I ask, at what Crit-chance treshold is it better to change mundus stone from Crit-chance to Crit-damage?
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »

Thanks. It's for a PVE build. I've created a mag-sorc with 70% crit chance. In fact, now that I ask, at what Crit-chance treshold is it better to change mundus stone from Crit-chance to Crit-damage?

If Asayre's math is still on point (got it from the updated HotR post):

Thief is better than Shadow when:
    9e9c67f8e2bba1f61b247ba7d1396392.png

Or is the other way to calculate is to know your expected critical damage modifier and critical chance, calculate the overall critical multiplier and see which one performs better for your given setup. Assuming 59% crit chance without Thief and 70% critical damage without Shadow (13.7% crit damage from fully golded out Divines gear Shadow and 10.7% crit chance from fully golded out divines Thief):

With Shadow: 1 + (0.59 * (0.7 + 0.137)) ~= 1.494 damage increase from overall crits.
    With Thief: 1 + ( (0.59 + 0.107) * 0.7) ~= 1.488 damage increase from overall crits.

In which case, the Shadow would perform (just a lil' bit) better.

Validating using the formula from Asayre:
    3/4 * 0.7 (Crit modifier) = 0.525, which is less than 0.59 (Crit chance), so Shadow is preferred.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before the nerf I had it at 74% which is heaps since you are hitting with crits 3/4 of the time.
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In short the only thing limiting your Crit Damage is the amount of sources for it. You can stack all the current sources but they you will run out of them and can't get more, but there is no cap limiting the combinations you can have. And as others have said, Crit Chance is limited by basic math at 100%.
    Options