The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Breaking poverty?

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    farm public dungeons, all the gear that drops there is bound on equip - so tradable. sell the gear.

if you are on pc, get master merchant addon and awesome guild store addon, that will help you to know what is the reasonable price for to sell stuff.

go to youtube and search "eso how to make gold"
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eso+how+to+make+gold

there are tons of guildes how to make gold
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    In no specific order of importance:

# 1: Dont buy stuff. If u want an item, check its price, check where to get it from, go there, farm for it until u either have the item or the gold needed.

It's almost always more efficient to buy gear from other players than to farm it.

For example, let's say you need an infused Necropotence lightning staff.

Let's assume that people are selling it for 200k.

You can farm up 200k in about 2-3 hours.

On the other hand, farming the staff yourself would take 10-20 hours. You could easily make 1 million+ gold in that amount of time if you farmed raw mats instead.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 28, 2017 8:22AM
    Options
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    How in the gods of tamerial do you make gold in this game.
    Buy low, sell high ...
    poke.gif

Would make hell of a lot more sense if there was an auction house
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I started Morrowind with all previous motifs, 100 patterns, 0 houses and about 800k.

As of now I have 17m in bank, all motifs up to date, 1209 patterns,
    3 manors, 2 large houses (all 5 bought with pure gold, and decorated from scratch)
    Options
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As other have mentioned here, farming a popular set can be rewarding.
    I earned a couple of my first 6-figure sales from Elegance set when Overload was the 'it' burst skill for Sorcs at the time. It was in such a demand that even an Elegance dagger in Infused was sold at around 100k gold. Total sales from Elegance at the time was around 700k and it was glorious. :)
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
    Options
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss the Prosperous Armor Trait. Does anyone else?
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

Options
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome ideas from the community! :) Bookmarked.

The most gold I ever had was 2 million, that I threw away at motifs, I was in good trading guilds at that time, however due to postings on my job I was away for a while and lost those guilds.

Still I was able to get 0.5 million selling in a regular guild and doing dailies. If you are not in a guild, doing dailies on alts is a sure way (not the fastest) of getting gold, having DLCs is a plus, as almost every DLC has dailies.

I would like to thank the community for being friendly enough to share their way of making gold.
    Options
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you hit end game you don't even need to farm. You pick up high price items on the way and get unduanted plunder which ads up fast. I hover around 1.5 to 2 million without farming anything. Sometimes I might sell some gold mats from writs but that's about it.
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3eb.jpg

Seriously though, getting gold in this game is really easy.
    Farm mats, do writs, farm gear etc gets you enough gold to do anything

~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tel Var farming can net you 100K to 200K gold per hour, at PC EU prices, but I'd only recommend it if you like IC anyway. You need to turn all the districts, then solo the bosses while carrying 10K Tel Var seed money. This yields about 13.7K Tel Var, per boss. I do them in about 5 minutes each, with my PvP build, but saw a guy with a full PvE DPS rotation do one in 1 1/2 minutes. At that rate he would probably be faster than the respawns.

There are a lot of ifs and buts about this. There is competition. If a player of your own faction turns up, you share the stones, although you do the bosses faster. With more than two players, the rewards decline rapidly. Then there's PvP. You have to be fairly good at it, so you can defend yourself from at least individual gankers. The whole thing is very temperamental, but if you play in IC a lot, you make hay when the sun shines, e.g. when there's a lull in PvP. It helps, if you play in the small hours and/or pick one of the empty campaigns.

You buy whatever you can sell at a decent price in a guild store with your Tel Var. Currently, on PC EU, that's Hakeijo and Apothecary Parcels. To sell quickly, having a guild trader in a prominent location helps tremendously. On PC EU that's Craglorn. Materials sell well everywhere, to be honest, but Craglorn helps turn around everything else much faster. The big towns, Mournhold, Elden Root, and Wayrest, are also good, as well as, possibly Rawl Ka. Every other location sucks, by comparison.

This method is not for new players. PvP is not easy, IC bosses are best farmed with full CP, and the guilds in Craglorn have minimum weekly sales requirements of 50K to 100K. If you don't have high-value stuff to sell, week in, week out, you tend to lose membership.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only sell in stacks of 20 or so; many folks just need "a few more" or something to finish their armor/whatever.

I keep rotating what I sell, one week Spider Eggs are popular, the next everyone's buying my megalthin (however ya spell that).

I sell refined only - partly 'cause I like to get the tempers and such refining it myself, partly because I decon everything to work up all my characters craftings, so I end up with quite a bit of refined stuff.

Keep all your "selling" slots full - in my case I go browsing through my crafting bags and sell a couple hundred of whatever I have the most of. So most days I add a few things to my various guilds (even if that guild doesn't have a trader that week, usually a few things have sold to fellow guildies).

This has moved me from usually only having 3-10k on hand to usually having in the 30's-40's - and I'm really not in the greatest trade guilds, and I am NOT careful about tracking what sells best.

The more organized you are about it, likely the better you will do. but have fun with it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • sabretalon
    sabretalon
    ✭✭
    On PC it seems easy to earn with all the add ons available, when compared to console.

Does not mean to say you can't do it on the console, it can take a little more work to get reasonable prices. I find it a pain having to search at least all the guild traders where I currently am, to find something I have to sell.

I set prices that seem logical to me and cheap enough to buy but not cheap to make me feel ripped off. Recipes I sell provision recipes starting at 29g that is 20 more than at merchant, not a huge amount but lots of them sell quickly. Had a few blues and priced them differently. Recipes for furniture start about 109, 100 more than merchant but then I found you can charge more for rugs and anything lighting or fire based.

Sold a few at 14k plus of purple furniture stuff.

Whilst a guild is not essential as you can shout out a trade, I found a guild is best to make sure you are not listing things at too low a rate.

Best advice, price higher than what you think. If it sells, then great, if not list again slightly lower. Easier to lower prices than put them up. I put stuff up for what I'm happy to get, yes one of the 14k items apparently sells well at much higher prices. It is all part of learning the market. On pc that part is made easier via add ons.

Just don't buy stuff, certainly through the main storyline as you pick up more than you will need and to be fair, you could go around naked and still get through content. I found that I had level 3 stuff on when I was level 30 so the items were providing no real benefit. This game is pretty forgiving as you level up. Changing gear when you find it, helps boost your levelling speed. I'm not interested in speeding through, I often do a few quests then spend some time just randomly running round finding wayshrines and prospecting.

Just running round doing random stuff with the odd bit of theft can bring in 5k at least in less than an hour. That is before selling the recipes you get from theft.

Dolmens when you hear them kick off near you can net you something to sell as well.

There are so many ways to get gold in this game it should be easy. There are also so many ways you can spend gold as well, so what you need to do is stop spending on yourself. Well at least until you have enough gold to buy the stuff you want that you have been unable to gain via other methods. Buy low sell high is good in theory, as long as you really know the market and what people are wanting.
    Xbox One EU servers

GamerID: Sabretalon

Also have it on PS4 but not my focus console

Casual play, explorer and altaholic. ESO+ member

Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the Prosperous Armor Trait. Does anyone else?

Nope...Never used it.
    Options
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200 ancestor silk = 15,000 gold. You should focus leveling your crafting professions.
    Options
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Started Morrowind with about 1.5m of value on my account, and now nearly about 100m in value.

As poster said above I just farmed BA motifs mostly, sold those forever

100mil in motifs? You must farm 18 hours a day.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Invincible wrote: »
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Started Morrowind with about 1.5m of value on my account, and now nearly about 100m in value.

As poster said above I just farmed BA motifs mostly, sold those forever

100mil in motifs? You must farm 18 hours a day.

Not that long about 10 hours tops a day, but recently have stopped farming as much prob around 2-4 hours a day now.
    Options
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Cpt_Teemo How do you get the BA motifs? Are they a drop from pickpocketing and assassinating ppl in Vvardenfell?
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Cpt_Teemo How do you get the BA motifs? Are they a drop from pickpocketing and assassinating ppl in Vvardenfell?

Only comes from opening chests in vvarden
    Options
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Cpt_Teemo Thanks! Ive been wondering how to get these. Do you know if chests are located in the same places on xbox as PC? I just found a pc map with locations but am not sure if it will be accurate for the consoles.

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
    Options
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭

- Increase inventory size
    - buy traveling merchant
    - download and use tamriel trade center
    - pick up any resource you find
    - destroy mobs upon mobs of enemies
    - fill up inventory
    - launch traveling merchant
    - sell it all except stuff to decon or sell
    - repeat

You'll make a lot of gold that way.

Edited by parkham on October 2, 2017 5:55PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed a couple of days ago that I have over 20K alkahest. Even selling at a vendor for 3g each that's over 60K gold.

Just from killing stuff. No farming, just killing :)
    Options
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a couple of days ago that I have over 20K alkahest. Even selling at a vendor for 3g each that's over 60K gold.

Just from killing stuff. No farming, just killing :)

Yup that's how it happens sometimes - I also make lower lvl food and sell to the NPC's - sure its 1 or 2 gold a piece but when you selling like 500 of them (cause you have the passive that makes 4 serving of each food) it s a bit of change in your pocket. Like you know fish that i have tons of from looking for perfect roe. It sits in the craft bag and the npc's won't give me anything for it - lol
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How in the gods of tamerial do you make gold in this game. Ive been sitting at about 10k for as long as I can remember. I first tried selling things I thought were "cheap" on the guild traders. That didn't really work out because I didn't actually know what was a reasonable price and everything was super expensive. I then tried selling mats and that was a huge waste of time. Took forever to actually get stacks of the mats and then I would only get like 3k for each stack, which btw took forever to actually find buyers. I've tried doing telvar stone grinding but it seemed eh. So I don't know what to do. It would really be nice to be able to buy things.

You should be able to make well over 10k just by selling the items you get from questing and running dungeons to a vendor. So I would stop deconstructing everything (unless you need the materials for something) and just sell it all to a NPC.

A couple thousand here, couple thousand there... it really adds up after awhile.

Now when it comes to making the big money (millions) you'll probably have to get into a good trading guild that has prime real estate (so I hope you're not a casual player or object to paying dues) Otherwise it'll probably take you awhile amass that kind of wealth. But even then it's not impossible. Just takes time.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 10, 2017 9:39PM
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy low, sell high ...
    poke.gif

Would make hell of a lot more sense if there was an auction house
    It is actually easier to do this without an auction house. Lots of people just put their items for sale without even knowing their prices because of it.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I bought a ring of Necropotence for 143 gold. Sold for 25k.

So yeah, pretty easy to make gold.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm all three Rivenspire dolmens in a loop for purple Necropotence jewelry, sell for 30-40k a piece in guild stores. If you pop an XP pot, you can farm CP at the same time and kill two birds with one stone. You can also do the Kvatch Arena daily for Order of the Hour motif drops. They're rare, but they still net a fair bit of gold. I once got 50k for the chest piece.
    Options
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    What sets are the most valuable at this time?

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How I wish there was an add-on for console as I find it hard to work out what actually sells / what price - due to having limited play time I am loathe to waste it going through the laborious task of checking prices at guild stores. I don't know about pcs but looking for items in guild stores on ps4 is tedious in the extreme & very user unfriendly.
    Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy low, sell high ...
    poke.gif

Like this...

dzLNaz6.jpg

Buy Kuta for 6 gold, sell for 3k. Made profit on the Elegant lining too.
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What sets are the most valuable at this time?
    You can check it by first installing Master Merchant and then you go to either Craglorn guild traders area or any of the main trading hubs and you check prices of items there. These stores sell the best variety of items in best prices and you can quickly find out what sets are the most valuable at this time by simply checking the addon statistics.

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options