The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone run Destro Staff Mag DK?

Jjitsuboy98
Jjitsuboy98
✭✭✭✭
I have been playing Mag DK for years and have always wanted to run Destro Staff but have not tried it because I was to afraid of survivability.........

My DK is pretty tough right now. I run two diff setups double SnB setups......so why am I wanting to theory craft a destro into my play??? Well......

1. My flame lash tooltip is 10.2K. I feel like the ability to weave with a destro would make overall finishing people easier. Not to mention the fact you can charge the heavy up. All in theory of course .

2. Destro Ult. One thing about shifting standard is that people are not prone to stand there. I do believe it would still be hard to use on a Mag DK because you have no gap closer to keep people from running away. Nevertheless I would still like to try it.

Major Concerns.....i would presume one Destro bar and one SnB bar....

1. Weaker block casting. Let's face it with out block in outnumbered situations we are dead. Can't recall h ow much extra blocking SnB gives you off the top of my head.

Anyone have any success? Or is destro DK garbage. Now keep in mind I am mainly thinking of open world solo play. So running around in a group heavy attacking things is Not for me.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use destro staff!

But I'm atrocious on magDK so take what I say on the topic with a plane of salt.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been back and forth between Shield/Destro and Destro/Destro builds for PVP. Both have worked really well, it just has depended on how I am feeling and who I am running with.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro staff + resto staff are pretty solid combo for a mag DK... would still require mist form to be truly effective.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Destro staff + resto staff are pretty solid combo for a mag DK... would still require mist form to be truly effective.

Players that say they don't need mist form on a Mag DK confuse me.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i couldn't imagine life as a mag dk without my trusty flame staff...

my other bar is DW, which kind of sucks - I have 10 characters so varying weapon use is important to me for not getting to bored by repetition in my builds (my stam dk uses SnB)...

I use the eye of flame, destructive reach, and elemental blockade a bunch...

gotta keep those fires lit :p
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only difference between me and the mistform DK next to me is he suffers for 4 seconds longer. :P

I've honestly never felt the need for it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

The only difference between me and the mistform DK next to me is he suffers for 4 seconds longer. :P

elusive mist helps get me out of trouble all the time...run away, run away...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas on play styles, builds, gear, techniques, strategies?
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

DKs don't run we stand our ground light up the land with fire then dramatically die to a snipe spammer in the back...
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing Mag DK for years and have always wanted to run Destro Staff but have not tried it because I was to afraid of survivability.........

My DK is pretty tough right now. I run two diff setups double SnB setups......so why am I wanting to theory craft a destro into my play??? Well......

1. My flame lash tooltip is 10.2K. I feel like the ability to weave with a destro would make overall finishing people easier. Not to mention the fact you can charge the heavy up. All in theory of course .

2. Destro Ult. One thing about shifting standard is that people are not prone to stand there. I do believe it would still be hard to use on a Mag DK because you have no gap closer to keep people from running away. Nevertheless I would still like to try it.

Major Concerns.....i would presume one Destro bar and one SnB bar....

1. Weaker block casting. Let's face it with out block in outnumbered situations we are dead. Can't recall h ow much extra blocking SnB gives you off the top of my head.

Anyone have any success? Or is destro DK garbage. Now keep in mind I am mainly thinking of open world solo play. So running around in a group heavy attacking things is Not for me.

ive had some success in non cp with inferno front ice back bar on a mag dk
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My DK's are both magicka focused dunmer. All flame, all the time.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

DKs don't run we stand our ground light up the land with fire then dramatically die to a snipe spammer in the back...

I just changed my mag dk build - you are 100% correct...

was 2 heavy, 5 light, went to 5 heavy, 2 light...changed out night mother's sorrow for julianos...changed from the thief to the apprentice...stopped eating tri-stat food and switched to witchmothers potent brew...threw on a couple of health regen glyphs (i'm a vamp)...

time to stand and fight...
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭
    I run Destro/Restro(Sometimes 1H&S back bar) for a little over a year. Have a few clips of me running it from this patch and some of Morrowind patch that I can post if you want to see. Depending on what I use I can gain a decent amount of survivability, but I always lack mobility which kinda sucks. It plays and feels alot like a Mag Sorc imo.
    Edited by Gorrest on September 28, 2017 4:48AM
    -PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD Mag Sorc, Edrene Kingsley
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
    EP Stam Sorc, Elder Procs Online
    DC Stam DK, One Shot Online