The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Getting bumped from group dungeons...

Eatmyface
Eatmyface
✭✭✭
I just want to share a personal experience from about 10 mins ago.... I'm currently p****d and reading the forums to cool off lol.

I realise this kind of thing has been whinged about before but I figured that the more people bring it up, the more likely it might be to get fixed/changed!

Activity finder whipped me away to bloodroot forge on NORMAL, so I was stoked to get one of my daily pledges out of the way. I'm just home for lunch and have about an hour - plenty of time for a slow dungeon run, if necessary. I would never enter into one with the risk of having to ditch the group before it ended.

Context: I'm only a CP250 magsorc, but have levelled multiple characters to 50 so I'm not completely fresh. Full necro gear, willpower and monster sets, one character is a master crafter so I've got great food + pots + enchants, and I've been using my rotation from as early as possible on this character (she was character #3 and I knew the direction I was going).

A few seconds after arriving, I'm "being removed from the area". I do, however, have enough time to see on group chat - "Only CP250 he won't cut it get another one".

Maybe they were useless, for lack of a better descriptive, and wanted a CP660 to carry them, perhaps they were elitists and wanted to finish the last boss in 3 minutes, instead of 4. I don't know and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have a problem with either... If it didn't affect me in any way other than having to re-queue. Side-note: I've done bloodroot on vet about 5 times, with a group of similar level to myself, and never had a problem or been the one to "drag it out" for the rest of the group. I research the mechanics before I go in and it's fine.

I get that this happens often and people can be d***s, but what annoyed me was being made to wait 15 minutes to join another queue. I wish I'd just eaten my lunch at my desk and left work an hour earlier.

Should we be punished for being bumped from a group the second we get in there? Is there any reason to not fix this? I can't think of one.
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kicking 250CP from normal Bloodroot Forge? lol kek

Please, don't insult us, elitists and elite. We are self-assured enough to basically not care who got with us in normal PUG. Those guys need to truly git gut asap, laugh and move on :D
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kicking a CP250 from a normal dungeon? God damn that's pathetic. My trial group took a level 29 into Halls of Fabrication and yet some people are so far up their own backsides that they think a CP250 can't cut it in a normal dungeon? I would probably find a guild and forget the group finder completely.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's not cool. It would be good if you could avoid the penalty if you're kicked immediately.
    I think one of the problems is, any feature that allows you to leave group with no penalty can be abused. There has to be a way to minimise it though.

As a side note, there is no need to kick anyone from a normal dungeon.
    I did bloodroot on the weekend as random normal, everyone was level 20-40, it was the tanks first time tanking too. We only wiped twice. I was also using gear 15 levels too low.

Unfortunately idiots will be idiots.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some people are jerks- its them not you.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP....yeah, I agree with others here. That's them, not you. Not you at all. ha ha For crying out loud, I healed Falkreath Hold normal on my Templar healer at like lvl 20. We did just fine. Numerous other normal dungeons I've healed with him so far and I found that sometimes the lvl 16-20's were easier to heal than the CP184 DD in the group.

Honestly, I can tell you that the majority of guildies I run with wouldn't even consider booting you at that level if you were running with us. The only exceptions to being booted are the players who run way ahead and aggro two groups of trash mobs and die repeatedly. They'll even ask those types of players to be cool and stay with the group. If they refuse to listen then they get booted. Those are about the only exceptions.

Oh! Edited to mention, though it's not nearly the same thing, I was almost instantly vote kicked a couple of weeks ago by RP'ers! ha ha ha They determined within, ohhh, 1.96 seconds that I would hold them up from their leisurely stroll through the dungeon. LOL Now that was a first for me. Seriously, I had only just loaded into the dungeon and hadn't done anything but try to catch up to where they were as they had apparently kicked someone before me. I was a backfill. I only knew what they had tried to do because one of the DPS in the group whispered me and told me.
    Edited by Thunderknuckles on September 26, 2017 3:53AM
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play to have fun first and foremost, but I do try to at least have builds that are useful. But, for about a year or so now I have stopped trying to join groups other then people from my guild to do dungeons for simple fact I don't want to deal with BS of others and elitist BS. It seems and this is only my opinion that there are far too many people concerned with absolute number crunching of builds. On the other hand this is an MMO and you will have people from all walks of playing life.

But, OP I feel your pain and fustration
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elite is when you are elite this was just bad players. Trust me it was better this way. Instead are you PC NA ? I have a great guild for making groups for pledges and trials. @Tasear for Invite ;)
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Elite is when you are elite this was just bad players. Trust me it was better this way. Instead are you PC NA ? I have a great guild for making groups for pledges and trials. @Tasear for Invite ;)

Hey Tasear, you mind if I shoot you a whisper at some point? I'm in 4 guilds right now but looking to find a trial/pledge guild. Alas, I work late so I'm not on till about 1A CST. Highest toon right now is CP321.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, CP prejudice is a tad rampant in the Endgame. But in some cases for good reason, especially in the "harder" Dungeons. I went into Normal Falkreath tonight on my 660 StamBlade, but the thing is my DPS on that character is an abysmal 16,900. I'm the guy that would be kicked off Trial groups or even Vet HM Dungeon runs for Achievements. And yet I was pretty sure I was doing 80% of the total damage of my entire PuG.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Tasear, you mind if I shoot you a whisper at some point? I'm in 4 guilds right now but looking to find a trial/pledge guild. Alas, I work late so I'm not on till about 1A CST. Highest toon right now is CP321.

Sure I welcome all good people or lost lambs. It's time for us to stick together B)
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Please check if the dev team can remove the group drop penalty from situations where a person is kicked from a group? The only time the penalty has a good reason to be there is if someone purposefully drops themself.

Solidarity, OP.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just out curiosity, were you a replacement 4th or was this a brand new group? I'm always leery of joining a group part way. Not always, but frequently enough, you're joining pre-existing drama. Sometimes a bad player got kicked and you're replacing that one but just as often the only good player in that group got fed up and left.

I got put into one of those as DPS the other day on my sorc and the healing was terrible so I slotted my Matriarch since it was obvious to me that healing help was needed. The Warden healer (who was using his bear and no healing ultimate) threw a hissy fit because I was throwing out some occasional heals.

It's the dark side of PUGs: not only is it pot luck with player abilities, it's the same with their personalities.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My maxed tank led a group of low level players through normal CoS, and none of them had ever done it. To me, being "elite" is taking time to teach others, like the players who taught me. Veli was tough but we finished, and everyone was happy. It was more fun than the walk through of Blessed Crucible I just did with three other maxed characters.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you actually get the 15 minute deserter penalty for being kicked?
    That sound like a bug.
  • Frilleon
    Frilleon
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, for kicks and giggles I took my level 14 Warden healer into nBloodroot w my group, it went just fine. Definitely got in w a group of a******s. U were probably better off since they may have blamed u for their follies.
    Absolute agree that the 15 min penalty should be conditional to leaving group and not being kicked, I've heard far too many stories like this one.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not you. I hope those people get a taste of their own medicine, soon and a lot. That's idiotic.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kick all low CP from all DLC dungeons
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »

Why? If a player knows the mechanics they'll be just fine.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Why? If a player knows the mechanics they'll be just fine.

Because that's what their favorite youtuber guide told them to do. No thought, no feeling. Clearly the only ones qualified to run DLC dungeons are players who've ground their way up in Skyreach and still haven't learned how to break free from a CC.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you actually get the 15 minute deserter penalty for being kicked?
    That sound like a bug.

Yup, it counts as leaving the group too soon after joining one from the queue.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe those low CP's are more skilled than you???
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are just straight up bad and selfish if they kick you because of level/cp. In my opinion you should be able to do at least most parts of a normal dungeon alone as max cp player, if not solo it. I myself solo them, and don't mind dragging 1-3 others with me.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »

Maybe those low CP's are more skilled than you???

Quite possibly.
    I be been levelling a new character over the last few weeks and was pulling 50%+ group dps in most dungeons, DLC included. (The group dps was usually only 25-30k)
    This is with no food and only out leveled elegant gear from questing in auridon.

Now I did have all my CP backing me up but the point remains that normal dungeons are easy.

Low CP in vet dungeons is a different story, but in normals players shouldn't be kicked unless they are afk, anti-social or trolling.
  • pepsi104104
    pepsi104104
    Soul Shriven
    I totally agree with you OP. I find the elitism really frustrating in pug situations.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it's their loss.

I joined spindle 1 on vet. This is on NA server where I have 214 CP. Stam sorc, hundings, spriggan, 1 kragh, 1 kena. Entered the dungeon and without even fighting anything, I got kicked.

Firstly, it's spindle 1. How bad are you that even if I was a bad cp214, you couldn't carry me? Secondly, yeh, i"'m low cp, but on EU I've done everything and would be fine in that dungeon. I have 18k health, made sure it was a decent amount. I know they don't know that, but people should give others a chance.

Idiots. I hope they got one of those 14k health DPS who died when an add looked at him.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 26, 2017 7:30AM
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭

Thanks @Tasear , but I'm on PS4 NA, unfortunately!

I don't think we can stop people being a******s, but surely something can be put in place to fix bumped people having to wait. 100% agree that a like-minded guild is the best way to avoid the issue.

I ended up running through CoS earlier with a CP80, lvl 46 and a lvl39. Had a blast and it was quite rewarded as the two lvl players were going through it for the first time and doing the quest. They were stoked. Took twice as long butwas the most rewarding run for me in weeks :)
    Edited by Eatmyface on September 26, 2017 7:49AM
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be glad they kicked you. You don't want to run with anyone who does that because their attitude isn't the only thing that stinks - they're usually terribad at the game and are the first to point fingers and rage when something goes wrong or they die to standing in fire.

Also, I agree with the 15 minute penalty issue. I don't think the 15min queue penalty should apply to anyone who leaves/is kicked before boss 1 let alone as soon as everyone zones in.
  • Ocean_Charlie9
    Ocean_Charlie9
    ✭✭✭
    Happens to me too. I wanted to learn how to complete nCoS in order to make the veteran version and I told the high lever player in the group to give me advice and then he/she refused because "when you reach cp levels you must know every dungeon already". So I was kick from the dungeon.

I'm cp370 with my main, and I have been off the game for 2 year aprox. I 'm not a pro but I want to learn to be usefull in group content. Everyone started as a nobbie, I think they forget that when they reach the "elite" status.

PC-EU
    Mufasa The Handsome-- Khajita- Templar-- Ebonheart Pact
    Cir-Cenn-- Argonian- Warden-- Aldmeri Dominion
    Wallace Highraven-- Imperial- Dragon knight-- Daggerfall Covenant

Check my stuff
    https://www.artstation.com/circenn4sons

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone kicking a cp 250 from a NORMAL dungeon should feel really ashamed by themselves.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for that group. If you need a carry through a normal dungeon you should stick to RP.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.