Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

The future of eso

teiselaise
teiselaise
✭✭✭
Heyho, first i just want to tell everybody that this is just what I believe and just some of MY ideas, i am by no means an eso pro i have around 600 hours in the game so im not entirely new either.
i started playing shortly after tamriel unlimited and have played on and off till now.

sooo, i have a feeling that this game wont last that much longer, why i think this is pretty much just a feeling that the game is getting "ligther and lighter in terms of content" what i mean with this is for an example the new change trait system with clockworkcity, while grinding may not be seen as content its still gametime, a perfect weapon is just not the same if you just can do some vet runs and be guaranteed to change the trait, another example is the motifs in the crownstore, i am NOT a 100% sure of this but i have heard the boyoyant motif or whatever its called was in a crowncrate season wich is just plain dumb in my opinion, thats an item that players can grind for hours upon hours to achieve and when they do so they are going to feel great about finaly have achieved that epic motif, and now its just plain gambling with real money, i get that you can call eso's grinding for gambling but still thats atleast not real money and its generally much more satisfying to know that you got that from "hard work" and not just pulling up your credit card.
another thing is the dlc's they release, they really just dont keep players in the game efficently, an dlc like dark brotherhood added a new questline and some new achievements some sets etc.
it is content but when its done its done, i personally think that one of the few really great dlc's where imperial city, i havent played it a lot since i pretty much only tank and thats not that effective in pvp, but at a time i will definetely get into pvping, back to imperial city, thats actually a dlc that added alot of enjoyable time, its a very different aspect of pvp than "normal pvp" and the telvar and stuff just plays great together, i gennerally think pvp is one of the few aspects of the game that holds people from leaving today, good content from a pve perspective would be in my opinion something harder than what we have, a new trial takes a little while to complete on vet but when the pts ends and it arrives at live servers people have already mastered it, if they are to add more trials/dungeons/ stuff alike(stuff like maelstrom, and that other arena i cant remember the name of) they have to 1. make it alot harder so it wont be beating the day it arrives and 2. probably skip that on the open pts, maybe make a few closed tests but it just sucks that people arent really challenged in pve anymore.

so, this will be the end of the post,
i generally do think i have gotten every fact right but i might be wrong some places, afterall there are players that are faaar more experienced than i, this post is probably a bit messy and there is prebobelaly a ton of gremmar isshues i hope you are ok with that :), i for myself wont be leaving this game today or tommorow but if the game dryes out i might leave, i would love to hear your opinions on the matter, and if you believe the game can sustain for a lot longer then tell me why :D
Argonian masterrace
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    another zones, new islands, then the continent on the east
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hqdefault.jpg
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it may have a dry spell depending on how they handle the following DLC's after the trait change. In my opinion, one thing that they need to focus on is diversifying the number of obtainable sets/traits even further. The abysmal grind offered prior gives a form of vertical depth, but since the trait changing will at least shore up some of that, further horizontal depth should be in focus. Be it from Ability altering weapons/ sets, to new traits or weapons. The trait change system will allow them to dilute the drop pools even further without much complaint from the general populace of an insurmountable grind, since they now have a safety net.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on September 23, 2017 4:27PM
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teiselaise wrote: »
    the game is getting "ligther and lighter in terms of content"
    Stunning.
    New DLCs and chapters every 3 months.
    eso's grinding for gambling but still thats atleast not real money and its generally much more satisfying to know that you got that from "hard work"
    Ever NOT buy a game because it's been out for awhile and you'll never catch up? ZOS is trying to solve that problem. New players mean more people to play with.
    a new trial takes a little while to complete on vet but when the pts ends and it arrives at live servers people have already mastered it
    The best players in the game beat the new content on day one and post it on youtube. How many times have you beaten VMAW, VHOF on vet hard? If these are too easy, I want to hang out with you! Got your Flawless Conqueror yet?
    if the game dryes out i might leave
    Can I have your stuff?
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game won't last much longer??
    I play this game almost everyday and have been playing for 2 years. I have been part of many guilds (come and gone) and have made many friends (come and gone) and if I were a betting man, I'd be willing to wager that long after you've moved on to another game/forum, ESO and it's community will still be going strong.
    My honest experience is that the game has as busy an online community as ever.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Seems I always find something new to do...and I'm never up to date on the latest additions. Been playing over a year.

I think the idea is to just go ahead and enjoy the game?

Lot of people in this game in a big hurry to finish it...not sure what that gets you. When you finish life...I'm pretty sure it's GAME OVER.

If you want the game to be over...play as fast as you can?? Makes sense to me. :p
    I know nutting....
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sooo, i have a feeling that this game wont last that much longer,

That was enough of the wall of text for me. Sorry, but if you expect (a) people to read the whole of your reasoning and (b) people to regard you as a credible critic then you need to open up the post a little.

Doomsayers also need to come up with a credible reason why so many overland zones in the game are busier now then they've ever been. At least that is the often reported experience on PC EU, and it's what I see every time I log in.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stunning.
    eso's grinding for gambling but still thats atleast not real money and its generally much more satisfying to know that you got that from "hard work"
    Ever NOT buy a game because it's been out for awhile and you'll never catch up? ZOS is trying to solve that problem. New players mean more people to play with.
    a new trial takes a little while to complete on vet but when the pts ends and it arrives at live servers people have already mastered it
    The best players in the game beat the new content on day one and post it on youtube. How many times have you beaten VMAW, VHOF on vet hard? If these are too easy, I want to hang out with you! Got your Flawless Conqueror yet?
    Can I have your stuff?

no, can I have your stuff??
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO will die one day. It may be a year from now it may be a decade from now. Eventually, however, ESO will die. It's up to ZOS and the players to decide how far away that date will be.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    I think it may have a dry spell depending on how they handle the following DLC's after the trait change. In my opinion, one thing that they need to focus on is diversifying the number of obtainable sets/traits even further. The abysmal grind offered prior gives a form of vertical depth, but since the trait changing will at least shore up some of that, further horizontal depth should be in focus. Be it from Ability altering weapons/ sets, to new traits or weapons. The trait change system will allow them to dilute the drop pools even further without much complaint from the general populace of an insurmountable grind, since they now have a safety net.

i agree
    Stunning.
    Can I have your stuff?

yeah i know theres dlc's every 3 month but what i mean is that they take 4 days to complete and maybe 2 weeks for a decent player, not including myself because i dont even focus of that aspect of the game ^^

and yeah i know, every mmo has to do that, the thing is they are doing it wrong, instead of adding new bis gear that are easy to get, they are making the old stuff easy to get, that staff you spend a ton of time getting is just worthless, i dont mind if they add new gear thats as good as some other gear i got a year ago, i will use my expensive gear as long as its not the same as cheap gear, i might have explained this terrible but i hope you get my point

and no, i havent even beaten those vet before, tho the reason is that im not playing competetively, i dont do bis class role racecombos and stuff, but if i wanted i could farm 3 or 4 days for some viable gear, and read a post of the mechanics, sure I couldnt do a new trial day one but i could day 3 when someone posted a walktrough

Zypheran wrote: »
    I play this game almost everyday and have been playing for 2 years. I have been part of many guilds (come and gone) and have made many friends (come and gone) and if I were a betting man, I'd be willing to wager that long after you've moved on to another game/forum, ESO and it's community will still be going strong.

im sure there will be players staying into far into the future, a game dosent die on a day, i for myself wont leave when it starts to fade either, hope this is isent really an answer but i hope its enough :)

erliesc wrote: »
    Seems I always find something new to do...and I'm never up to date on the latest additions. Been playing over a year.

I think the idea is to just go ahead and enjoy the game?

Lot of people in this game in a big hurry to finish it...not sure what that gets you. When you finish life...I'm pretty sure it's GAME OVER.

If you want the game to be over...play as fast as you can?? Makes sense to me. :p

i totally agree with you, and maybe using the word die was a fault, i more just ment fade away, i think a big part of the comunty will leave but ofcourse some will stay
    Tandor wrote: »

That was enough of the wall of text for me. Sorry, but if you expect (a) people to read the whole of your reasoning and (b) people to regard you as a credible critic then you need to open up the post a little.

Doomsayers also need to come up with a credible reason why so many overland zones in the game are busier now then they've ever been. At least that is the often reported experience on PC EU, and it's what I see every time I log in.

1st of all, i as you say wrote this post horribly, im horrible with words overall, and yeah im a big fan if the idea of "enjoying games" the thing is alot of people forget that, ofcourse alot of players understand that too, i would say i understand that too but im not the one to judge that.
    altemriel wrote: »
    Stunning.
    Can I have your stuff?

Well, as i said earlier, i will post if i leave, i dont know if ill split my stuff or just give it to the first, but dont expect me to leave that early
    ESO will die one day. It may be a year from now it may be a decade from now. Eventually, however, ESO will die. It's up to ZOS and the players to decide how far away that date will be.

i agree, and you might be right with that it will take mutliple years

so this was my try defending what i said, i guess that i shouldnt try to "defend" what i said but its the easiest way to answer, sorry if i didnt get your points
    Argonian masterrace
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP 's post reaks of being non-pc platform.

• MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Stunning.
    Can I have your stuff?

Sorry, no.

But you really should give me your stuff.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That vibe has been around since launch. It nearly always means the player who feels it won't be around much longer, but the game is still here. There is plenty to criticize, but not much evidence that the end of the game is nigh.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, another one of these.

One day when it's no longer profitable it will. I highly doubt that's anytime in the next three years at least though. Fairly recently, Rich Lambert said they have a road map of content rested out through 2020 already and all systems are full steam ahead at the studio.

• Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell it to Xbox EU community... Hope you are not into betting.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since the first closed beta invite. I've seen numerous posts about this topic.
    All I have to say is the game is still around, it's still apparently going strong, and only ZoS knows when it's going to pull the plug and free the gerbils from their wheels.

Edited by Nyghthowler on September 24, 2017 1:57AM
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »

Tell it to Xbox EU community... Hope you are not into betting.

The world does not revolve around the XBox EU community, you know. I side more with @Zypheran on this issue. It is by no means something that "wont last that much longer".
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe some people are just funny.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and no, i havent even beaten those vet before, tho the reason is that im not playing competetively, i dont do bis class role racecombos and stuff, but if i wanted i could farm 3 or 4 days for some viable gear, and read a post of the mechanics, sure I couldnt do a new trial day one but i could day 3 when someone posted a walktrough

Oh rly?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

Funny ,but he is right
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the end is nigh! new guy says so.

600hrs? iv got almost 300 just on this toon and iv got 7 toons. likely 5 out of the other 6 have more time spent playing too
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A lot of people think these communities only exist in some sort of stasis where the same players from day one are here at the close of the servers. And that if any of that changes, and those original veteran players leave that must mean the game is dead. But thats just not how any community functions. Sure you have the hold outs and those who outlast everyone else. But like every other community out there, there will be players who started here at Day One and last the entire time, only a few years, or quickly quit never to return or return at a later date. But the vast vast majority will be new players who will flood the game at periods of new content release and will either hold on for a time or not. The majority, including the veterans will likely move on at some point for numerous reasons, the game wasnt interesting any more, other games they enjoy much more came along or IRL issues dragged them back to reality.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of people think these communities only exist in some sort of stasis where the same players from day one are here at the close of the servers. And that if any of that changes, and those original veteran players leave that must mean the game is dead. But thats just not how any community functions. Sure you have the hold outs and those who outlast everyone else. But like every other community out there, there will be players who started here at Day One and last the entire time, only a few years, or quickly quit never to return or return at a later date. But the vast vast majority will be new players who will flood the game at periods of new content release and will either hold on for a time or not. The majority, including the veterans will likely move on at some point for numerous reasons, the game wasnt interesting any more, other games they enjoy much more came along or IRL issues dragged them back to reality.

Except for me. If I leave for good the whole thing dies. It's in a tiny clause in the TOS that no one ever reads.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭

That vibe has been around since launch. It nearly always means the player who feels it won't be around much longer, but the game is still here. There is plenty to criticize, but not much evidence that the end of the game is nigh.

wow, i didnt even think about that, you are totaly right lol, i think why i didnt realize it was because i stopped playing and then started and stopped again alot of times and one of the times i played the most where one tamriel where a ton of new players came
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Oh look, another one of these.

One day when it's no longer profitable it will. I highly doubt that's anytime in the next three years at least though. Fairly recently, Rich Lambert said they have a road map of content rested out through 2020 already and all systems are full steam ahead at the studio.

sure, i might be wrong, i again want to say that i might have wrote my text wrong, for the second time wich just makes me look like a lier, tho i hope you will believe me ^^, one of my points was if they continued this way of progression the game it would probably die/turn inproffitable, they would have to make some content that still where higly populated a while after and yeah i know some of the dlcs zones are still played in but i mean content like maelstrom.
    I've been playing since the first closed beta invite. I've seen numerous posts about this topic.
    All I have to say is the game is still around, it's still apparently going strong, and only ZoS knows when it's going to pull the plug and free the gerbils from their wheels.

alot of you guys say that and honestly i think you guys that have played since launch know way more about this topic than me, but i just have the feeling that zenimax dosent have full controll of the game anymore, they might just not be showing it as much as some other games.
    kikkehs wrote: »

Oh rly?

ok, i havent tried but im pretty sure, i might just be bragging tho :) who knows
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    the end is nigh! new guy says so.

600hrs? iv got almost 300 just on this toon and iv got 7 toons. likely 5 out of the other 6 have more time spent playing too

i would like to point out that i clearly said "im by no means an eso pro"

well, thats true i guess, as said over i should have used fading instead of dying or maybe i just should have said changing i dont know

Argonian masterrace
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i think its it, i have realized that i might be pretty wrong ^^ is there some way to close a discusion?

if theres not then this must do

CLOSED
    Argonian masterrace
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    closed-sign-label_1046-9.jpg
    Argonian masterrace
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭

PLEASE! PLEASE! Set us free!
    I know nutting....