The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How would a successful Trial Group finder work?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There's many issues to be had, but I do wonder now that I see people calling out to zone for players for veteran trials ... maybe will be moving towards that step? At very least I think some people could use it fill in some slots.

Issues
* Skill level
* Gear
* Coordination
* Language Barriar
* Communication

I am think it's possible using the trial test dummy to see if combination of dps good? But would like to hear some other people's thoughts on it.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manual matchmaking:
    You can list up yourself as LFG or u list a group as LFM, than u can go go thru the list and have a "join" button for those where u fit the requirements.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just running a trial with a new group is a mess compared to a team that is gelled togeather for a long time.

Just something as simple as switching to a soft stack on the fly for example. On my main team in know where to go. Long ago when we first started Hel Ra We worked out our soft stack spots and we switch to it seamlessly. Run it with a new group and you're running around tossing rocks, winds, or aids on the group.

That just one simple example of how a pug trial can go wrong.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be tough :/
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For vAA and vHRC 12 players are basically needed. AA reviews 12 for pads and HRC requires 6 to *** bottom so possible dead weight can do there.

I would expect. And hope, any group looking for one or two already has enough skill in their group to clear the trial so LFM is Zone would be fine then. If forming most of the group out of Zone it's very probable a train wreck.

A complete random group via GF is almost certain to be a train wreck from either lack of experience, low dps, trolls and very possible all three reasons.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My only issue with a GF for vet trials is that I would hate to see them nerfed because of unorganized PUGs.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would need to be more like a group browser than current group finder for me to even consider it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Basically do it the way DDO did their group finder: have a listing of current groups looking to fill a spot (filterable by quest/trial to make sifting through the list easier)

Group leader can select the roles theyre looking for (in ddos case it was your class but ESO could do maybe a combination of class & role) then people request to join and the leader can either accept or decline their request. There was also a little text box in the lfg panel where leaders could specify any particular requirements.

Quite honestly it worked very well in DDO for the basic normal raids using this method and I don't know why it wouldn't for ESO, especially since none of the normal trials are THAT difficult.

Edit: example screenshot of DDO group finder for reference. This shows both the looking for group panel on the right, and creating a new group panel on the left:
    Bc2lM.jpg
    Edited by Dakmor_Kavu on September 26, 2017 12:38PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lock out a trial from the group finder until you had completed it at least once already.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In short. Not at all.
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I think it could work if you were first forced to put together a group of a certain size (X players minimum) then use the group finder to fill in the blanks.

The problem with non-prearranged runs is filling the last couple of spots. In my experience throwing together a random trial goes like this:

1. Post in guild(s) chats: Immediately get 4-6 players
    2. Ask members to post in their guilds: Get 1-2 more players
    3. 2 more players respond to your original request.
    4. Spend 10-15 minutes travelling around to zones (craglorn, deshaan, wayrest...) asking for players.

The problem (for me) is step 4. It would save a lot of time to enter the group finder at this stage.

If I was solo, I could queue and it would simply place me in one of these existing groups.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal Trials, sure, this could work. I would envision that most of the time it would be a partial group looking to fill in members and roles. It would not always be perfect, but that would be the risk you would take for using a group finder. The only way around that would be to make it so restrictive that you would not have many players using the tool.

Vet Trials? That is what a Trials based guild is for.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see it working for normal trials, but definitely not vet trials. I could see pug groups eating concrete for days on mantikora in vso
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would help to have some kind of matchmaking, which... there isn't, so, I guess it will work as good as the regular Group Finder ... ?

Basically... Q and pray.
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    There cant be a working Trial finder. lol

They cant even make the dungeon finder work properly... since years...

Join Guilds ffs
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -