The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

DK broken ability is still here

Veg
Veg
✭✭✭✭✭
I tried for the entire duration of the last pts to get someone to help me showcase Reflective Scales and everything wrong with it. Since that failed I thought i'd make a bug list for it and try to get some dev attention. Please note that most of these bugs have always existed. Wings has never functioned as intended. Because of the changes to how damage is done we now feel the burden of the broken ability more than ever.

Projectiles that REFLECT and do not affect the Wings caster
[*] Crystal fragment (both morphs)
[*] Overload (both morphs)
[*] Piercing Javelin (both morphs)

Projectiles that REFLECT and affect the Wings caster (these bounce off the DK but still apply all debuffs/status effects)
[*] Poison injection (both morphs apply DoT)
[*] Sun Fire (both morphs apply DoT)
[*] Dark Flare (applies major defile)
[*] Merciless Resolve (applies a 40% snare)
[*] Hidden Blade (both morphs apply a 50% snare)
[*] Destructive Reach (Can root, DoT or stun)

Projectiles that DO NOT REFLECT (these ignore Wings completely and do full damage)
[*] Dive (both morphs)
[*] Crushing shock (both morphs)
[*] Meteor (both morphs)
[*] Snipe (this has a % chance to not reflect. May be caused by stealth attacks)

So clearly this ability is completely broken and can only function against 2 abilities. I also believe this to be the main cause for builds like my tanking build as seen below. Without a reliable Damage mitigation/escape mechanic, you end up being forced into a tanking play-style which the magic DK already excels at with Champion points.

https://youtu.be/9yaSIwnweHE

Every class has at least 1 Damage mitigation/escape mechanic. Templars have cleansing ritual, sorcs have streak, NB's have cloak and stam classes have the above along with snare immunity and dodge chance. Of course the Stam DK is similar to the Magic DK but they have all the stamina movement mechanics.

That leaves the magic DK with nothing. Except of course for Wings! if only it actually worked. THE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS TO ADD A PURIFY FOR EACH PROJECTILE WITH A STATUS EFFECT REFLECTED it doesn't fix all the problems but it does provide a solution to make the ability work.

Legend:
————————— = non class ability
————————— = Templar ability
————————— = Sorc ability
————————— = NB ability
————————— = Warden ability

TL;DR projectiles that apply a status effect will still apply said status effect to a target that reflects the projectile and this makes me sad.
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also reflect crippling grasp, strife and morphs, destro light and heavy attacks, impale. Basically anything in the destro resto NB tooltip....
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I can reflect destructive reach no problem.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything you've written here is actually by design.

Projectiles are reflected, but not their secondary effects.

DK wings also negate CCing effects from reflected projectiles..... a luxury not granted to a Warden's Crystallized Shield :unamused:

You'll take DoT damage and recieve whatever secondary effects (DoTs, snares, debuffs, etc) are attached to projectiles that strike you regardless of whether you reflected them or not.

Meteor and Force Shock became unreflectable as balance changes, and Dive is an unreflectable skill. Snipe is reflectable but all around a very buggy skill that causes all kinds of desync issues in PvP.
  • Glarin
    Glarin
    ✭✭✭
    Dive, Crushing Shock, and Meteor are all intended NOT to reflect. Dive initially was designed that way, Meteor was changed around 1.6ish to help improve performance and it is an ult, Crushing shock was changed not too long ago I think Homestead patch.
    Aldmeri Dominon: Glarin |Dragonknight *** Erìnwy |Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact: Alexandrìte |Dragonknight |Former Emperor *** Oops I Negated Again |Sorcerer |Former Emperor
    Daggerfall Covenant: Eìr |Templar
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just permablock and mist form away like every magdk does,if your 3 burst heals can't keep you alive ofc
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Just permablock and mist form away like every magdk does,if your 3 burst heals can't keep you alive ofc

this is just your (aged) stereotype which is not true. LOL

Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this is bugged or not. It feels like a bug. It makes little sense for an ability to be reflected but not the effect with it. If Impale or Poison Injection can reflect and execute the caster or Flame Reach be reflected and knock back the caster, why does the Major Defile from Dark Flare not reflect?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is bugged or not. It feels like a bug. It makes little sense for an ability to be reflected but not the effect with it. If Impale or Poison Injection can reflect and execute the caster or Flame Reach be reflected and knock back the caster, why does the Major Defile from Dark Flare not reflect?
    Defile on Dark Flare is AoE, it will apply even if initial hit was dodged.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to DK. Where for the low low cost of highest costing abilities in the game, half the abilities don't work or are nerfed to the point of uselessness. BUT LOOK, on the bright side sorc got a copy of out signature stun, isn't that great. :D

Leap: Ninja length nerf to fix leap2keep, never reverted. Height issues, sometimes doesn't fire and eats your ult.

Chains: Free CC immunity, slowest gapclose, height issues.

Wings: 2 methods of run out, occasionally bugs and doesn't work, status effects and some abilities ignore it completely.

Other stuff like igneous/battle roar: Needless nerfs yay.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Defile on Dark Flare is AoE, it will apply even if initial hit was dodged.

Thank you, I did not know this... shows you how often I slot Dark Flare and the last time I read the tooltip! I stopped using it because there'd be lag spike, I'd end up being stuck re-channelling it instead of my next skills going off and it killed me one too many times. I don't think I'm alone; you don't see Dark Flare used as much as you'd think considering how hard it hits plus the empower with it.