The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Let us choose the battleground we want do

MehrunesFlagon
MehrunesFlagon
✭✭✭✭✭
Think the title says it all,but am getting so sick of waiting through countless other modes just to get to one deathmatch. Really what is the use of stupid ass grab bag option anyway?
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oops accidental double post
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would basically kill the BG queue time. This game doesn't have enough players for that to be implemented. SWTOR already tried it and that game has a much larger pvp community than the BGs community in this game.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well... ZOS could delete all game modes except deathmatch then as well, since barely anyone would play something else than deathmatch (which is somehow the only game mode which I actually don't like at all since it doesn't encourage the group to split at all).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then we could at least have the option to opt out of certain modes.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... ZOS could delete all game modes except deathmatch then as well, since barely anyone would play something else than deathmatch (which is somehow the only game mode which I actually don't like at all since it doesn't encourage the group to split at all).

Also they keep watering down the pool with more things,and not exactly what alot want.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that one cannot choose to play the game mode they want makes Battlegrounds a dealbreaker for me. I don't know how anyone can tolerate that.

Not only should we be able to choose the mode we play, we should have the option of private matches for competitive play. Along with a dozen other basic features Battlegrounds lacks.

ZOS should try designing PVP content for PVP enthusiasts instead of trying to make it inclusive to all at all costs. The latter is why it is so mediocre.

Edited by zyk on September 23, 2017 11:16PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they could add the option to choose a specific mode but receive half the rewards grab-baggers receive. That makes players happy who only like 1-2 modes and also keeps the less popular modes alive by providing the additional incentive.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Maybe they could add the option to choose a specific mode but receive half the rewards grab-baggers receive. That makes players happy who only like 1-2 modes and also keeps the less popular modes alive by providing the additional incentive.

Smart person right here
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

ZOS should try designing PVP content for PVP enthusiasts instead of trying to make it inclusive to all at all costs. The latter is why it is so mediocre.

PvP "enthusiasts" are why I don't PvP. Battlegrounds seemed interesting and I was about to try them... until CP got added. More PvP that isn't for those who don't design a build around PvP meta. Besides, all the recent changes are for PvP - they either have no benefit in PvE, or actually make PvE more difficult.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all modes exept capture the flag. I'm not keen on having another variant like that one (kings flag or something), though it could be more interesting with the moving flag.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're wrong. I prefer CTR and Chaosball way more than Deathmatch. Deathmatch I have in Cyrodiil. And I know many people who feel the same.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for Big Head Mode. Since we've just gotten a hacked together dungeon group finder with no custom matches or private matches for GvG, might as well throw in Big Head Mode. Or some kind of kart racing.
  • DarthVitrial
    DarthVitrial
    ✭✭
    They could have an option where you can mark which battleground you prefer, and the queue system would try to put you in that one first, but send you to a different BG if not enough people are queued for the preferred one?
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least I'd think this feature would be helpful for testing, even to the point where the optimal testing environment is letting teams group up and go into a battleground together to test specific builds in the varying game modes. It would be great to test, for example, how a tank does in capture the relic or chaosball with the new CP-enabled battlegrounds, but to properly test that you need to get that specific match type AND have at least one opponent team that is competent enough to give it a proper test. Naturally it's too late to do that for this PTS patch, but it's certainly something to consider going forward!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of testing. It's not worth the time to develop addons for bgs now.

You need to get into each single gamemode on each single map to test stuff.

It's impossible on pts and prohibitively long on live.

It's would be reasonable to implement custom matches instead of map specific queues, though.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could have an option where you can mark which battleground you prefer, and the queue system would try to put you in that one first, but send you to a different BG if not enough people are queued for the preferred one?

this is an idea that could be worked with.
  • kapads
    kapads
    Soul Shriven
    This feature should have been in there from the start.

ZOS if you allow people to pick their preferred game mode and choose between CP or Non-CP you would quickly learn which game modes are popular and be able to decide were developer time should/shouldn't be spent to service your customers better.

Seriously does this need to be explained!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    That would basically kill the BG queue time. This game doesn't have enough players for that to be implemented. SWTOR already tried it and that game has a much larger pvp community than the BGs community in this game.

True. It would be bad overall for queue times.

Some of the changes Zos has made shows they have looked at what has worked in other game while making it with an ESO flavor. Heck, even Cyrodiil has strong influenced from before ESO was even thought of. Zos will never permit selective queuing of BGs.
    Edited by idk on September 26, 2017 4:21AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Really? It would kill the queue time because less people would pvp when they know what match they want and don't queue for randoms because they aren't guaranteed a specific game type?

I think it would help pvp. People hate random in all its forms. Do people actually like to queue for a random pve dungeon either? No, they whine on the forums about "scrubs" and "mazzzatun/dlc dungeons" all the time.
    Less random means people actually playing what they like and developers ACTUALLY getting accurate data on what players ACTUALLY LIKE.
    What a revolutionary concept! /sarcasm
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, these random queues are what ruins BG's.
    How to solve queuing times? By giving us a lobby system that lets us join/assemble teams ourselves. We don't need to be nannied by obnoxious RNG queuing tools...