Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Best PvP Builds

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to share my opinions of the best builds I've ran into and hope you guys will also share :)

Templar: for Stam I'd pick the bleed builds, for magicka there is no defining traits (a Javelin out of my trees is hella annoying)
NB: Stam would be Selene/Veli semi proc builds, Mag would be those HUGE wills (don't rely on cloak, but hit like a Mac truck)
Sorc: Mag is always the same, same with Stam versions (blah boring)
DK: Whip-it Whip-it-Good builds for Mag, Permablocker
Warden: Mag burst, permablocker, Stam burst 2H (I've never seen one honestly)

Your opinions?
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nevermind!
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on September 23, 2017 2:31AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Missing quite a few high-performing builds

And that's where you're supposed to step in!

What do you see performing well?

Come on, I'm not asking for any secret builds or anything. Just wanna see a non nerf thread that's just fun
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on, I'm not asking for any secret builds or anything. Just wanna see a non nerf thread that's just fun

I'm not telling everyone what I use >.>

But for example there is a solid Stam sustain build that uses Kena for dmg. Seems to work best on plars and DKs

There are also many 100% group utility builds that do little dmg but whose buffs/debuffs can turn a ragtag group into monsters...do they have a place among "the best"?
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Stam DK 2h Heavy Attack build
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DK: Seventh LEgion + Bloodspawn + Ravager. Pretty much unkillable and deals 15k+ leaps on targets. It hurts.

Edit: You can run that build on every stamina class except stamblade and it's overperforming af.
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on September 21, 2017 12:13AM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gondor's take on stamplar. MA, two hander mace, bone pirate+camorean drink, slimecraw 2pc.

Simplified but effective.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not telling everyone what I use >.>

But for example there is a solid Stam sustain build that uses Kena for dmg. Seems to work best on plars and DKs

There are also many 100% group utility builds that do little dmg but whose buffs/debuffs can turn a ragtag group into monsters...do they have a place among "the best"?

Lol, well what do you see other people using? And if you consider my any build to be good or fun or whatever it's cool.

I'm seeing a lot of Stam builds.

I hate/love @RouDeR 's Warden, I also think @lexxypwnz idea of kena warden is pretty solid
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to share my opinions of the best builds I've ran into and hope you guys will also share :)

Templar: for Stam I'd pick the bleed builds, for magicka there is no defining traits (a Javelin out of my trees is hella annoying)
    NB: Stam would be Selene/Veli semi proc builds, Mag would be those HUGE wills (don't rely on cloak, but hit like a Mac truck)

Your opinions?

Its an absolutely biased viewpoint, but I really do feel my pet Vampire Lord build (Mighty Chudan x2, Combat Physician x5, Vampire Lord x5) does really, really, well; its great in group play, its great when soloing in IC...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DK: Seventh LEgion + Bloodspawn + Ravager. Pretty much unkillable and deals 15k+ leaps on targets. It hurts.

Edit: You can run that build on every stamina class except stamblade and it's overperforming af.

With all block cost reductions in jewlery?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your opinions?

Its an absolutely biased viewpoint, but I really do feel my pet Vampire Lord build (Mighty Chudan x2, Combat Physician x5, Vampire Lord x5) does really, really, well; its great in group play, its great when soloing in IC...

I nominate your build for a unique Templar build. You made synergy with two sets people thought were trash/not consistent enough alone.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Your opinions?

I nominate your build for a unique Templar build. You made synergy with two sets people thought were trash/not consistent enough alone.

Thank you!

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Why Vampire Lord though? The 5pc bonus doesn't apply to much.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

400 Damage to Vamp abilities...
    5% Cost Reduction to the Magicka and Ultimate Cost of Vamp abilities...

If you use the Vampire abilities heavily as I do, then the 5th piece bonus is actually pretty good...

Devouring Swarm (for example) only costs me 140 Ult (the base Ultimate Cost for this ability is 200); that's awesome for an ability as good as it is...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 21, 2017 3:59AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way to fish for you next build idea with subpar bait...

LOL!
    Edited by KingYogi415 on September 21, 2017 1:49PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you use the Vampire abilities heavily as I do, then the 5th piece bonus is actually pretty good...

Devouring Swarm (for example) only costs me 140 Ult (the base Ultimate Cost for this ability is 200); that's awesome for an ability as good as it is...

You forgot to go on a 5 page essay about how good vamp drain is lol.

But seriously invigoring drain + bats + cheaper mist form is why you run that vamp set. And those abilities help proc combat physician. Which means your tanky with the extra health+resists from chudan+ shield procs. You extend the ttk on you to let channels run in full duration, and the healing sources means you'll be topping yourself off when the shield procs.

That's why I like his build.
    Edited by Minno on September 21, 2017 1:57PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My own 'Scaredy Cat' pure melee stamblade Khajiit build.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    My own 'Scaredy Cat' pure melee stamblade Khajiit build.

Why is it called "Scared Cat" ?
    Way to fish for you next build idea with subpar bait...

LOL!

Well I had an idea... Not working as I wanted lmao, but this not how I go about it lmao!

BTW, got any cool ideas?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This build would have the lowest damage leaps of any DK build I've ever seen.

For future reference, ultimates are based off of your max stat, not weapon damage... and you'd be rocking at least two "healthy" trait jewelry pieces with that setup.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

For future reference, ultimates are based off of your max stat, not weapon damage... and you'd be rocking at least two "healthy" trait jewelry pieces with that setup.

I thought all Ultimates were based on both your max start and max DMG source?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

I thought all Ultimates were based on both your max start and max DMG source?

Yes it's both I believe.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PetDen? :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For future reference ultimates are not solely based on max stat. This is easily tested and proven. Hit major brutality, your ultimate damage goes up. Lmao you gotta be kidding me! You though it only scales w max stat? Hahaha
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are blowing my mind here.

I'm definitely going to have to test this.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do and report back :)
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not stamblade?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The UESP editor also lists both max mag+max DMG for the scaling.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 Awesome - drain + shooting star = hilarity & salty tells!

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol so i googled it and the first few answers that popped up were all in response to a question " Does ultimate damage scale off of max magicka or max stamina" and people would respond "It scales off of whatever resource is higher"

I must've seen that at some point and thought that it ONLY scaled off of that.

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pew pew pew pew stam NB
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lieblingsjunge
    It is nice indeed. Add some stamina drain poisons to that and you can hold block for ages :D

Edit: Also been thinking about using Bloodthorn for sustain (since the Riposte passive can proc it). If looking at some of Elusive Shadys videos the stats (magicka,stamina,health) of using 7th/Ravager + Bloodthorn adds up extremely well.
    Edited by Qbiken on September 22, 2017 6:48AM