The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Food & the Clockwork City (immersion discussion)

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
If you're going to create a brass world where almost everyone eats nutrient paste, please change the loot tables.

Exploring the new area of brass and dirt I was surprised to see how much food and ingredients I was able to find. Granted some food may be pulled in by other wanderers, but in one case I wandered into the inn, steal a meal of gruel, and pulled out a garlic & pepper steak. In other crates and barrels I've found wheat, barley, tomatoes, corn, and various sundries.

Now there is a farm and some folks may had brought in food, but I think a majority of the area could do with a loot table overhaul, maybe to make the area more useful to harvest less organic materials.

Thanks for your time
Edited by HeroOfNone on September 20, 2017 5:14PM
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree here; everyone complains about the nutrient paste but there's Ginger and all sorts of other food items in unowned crates and barrels everywhere. And we HAVE inorganic loot that could be found instead; trait stones, garbage weapons and jewelry, maybe throw in the Clockwork Oscillators for flavor, lockpicks, motifs, recipes, blueprints, the Legerdemain clothing...they went so far as to make sure there were no cloth or wood nodes, having lots of food sitting around freely in an inorganic wasteland is very odd.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm ...

Pretty good idea, but it might be too late to add new provisioning itemizations before Clockwork City goes Live??
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm ...

Pretty good idea, but it might be too late to add new provisioning itemizations before Clockwork City goes Live??

Maybe, but the ingredients could be made a lower drop and simple existing meals could be used instead. It's a small detail but part of the area's story.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Hmmm ...

Maybe, but the ingredients could be made a lower drop and simple existing meals could be used instead. It's a small detail but part of the area's story.

I'd put the food drops only in Owned containers - it's conceivable someone might be saving something from the harvest of Clockwork City's singular farm, but that food is implied to be valuable to the locals and people should care if you take it. And there is a nutrient paste food that drops from the food processor things - add that to the un-owned containers instead of base game foods.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.