The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

how to DPS as Magicka Warden?

Inhuman003
Inhuman003
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking for help on a Magicka DPS Warden build. I'm going all in on ice or frost abilities on both bars. What is the best gear and weapons? What should I put my Champion points into? And what is best for me to prop my weapon or spell damage for ok or good DPS damage?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you'll get worse DPS with ice magic than you will with pretty much anything else, unfortunately. When the Morrowind expansion came out, people were really hoping for some good ice magic spells, but then Zenimax decided to make the whole skill tree into a tanking-only thing. Now the warden's ice magic skill-line is next to useless for most players unless you're specifically using it for a tank character. A whole lot of players were disappointed by that. (I like the frost cloak skill, though, and the frost ultimate is nice.)

One thing that helps spell damage, though, is to use a skill called Entrophy (from the Mage's Guild skill line) first before you cast any damage spells. It immediately raises your spell damage by 20%. A lot of people use the netch to do that, but I personally like Entrophy better than the netch, because the netch takes so long to summon. The only issue is that if your character is constantly short on magic sustain, you should use the netch instead.

Edited by SydneyGrey on September 20, 2017 3:13AM
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't. Mag Warden dps is terrible compared to literally everything else. They are hands down the single worst dps spec in the game.
    Like trying to dps with one arm tied behind your back, equipped with a declawed kitten soaked in vegetable oil.
    Terrible.
    We Wipe On Trash
    Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
    Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
    Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
    Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
    My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
    Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
    Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
    Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
    Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
    Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
    Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
    Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
    A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
    Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The best way to DPS as a mag warden is to abandon frost magic. ZOS thinks of ice as a defensive element, and the Winter's Embrace tree is almost entirely defensive.

I've heard that some magwardens get good results with Scathing Mage, which makes sense, given that they have two huge sources of AOE direct damage (Shalks and Force Pulse). Nerieneth should actually pair well with that in the new update.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Warden is rather weak for PvE DPS. And forget frost, it hurts your group more then it helps anybody. If you still want to give Magicka Warden a try, "stileanima" has made the best build I have seen so far. Just search her on Youtube or something.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't. But I suspect they will be buffed, along with everything Frost.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to DPS as a warden

1. Log out of warden
    2. Create anything else
    3. Give it a name including the word warden
    4. ?
    5. DPS

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do DPS as a Warden, your just not going to be pulling Meta like numbers. What you need to do is adjust focus to be a Survival DPS Warden. In that you use Class Skills to keep you alive while you whittle down the mobs. Now, despite what the Min/Maxers will tell you, it is a viable build. In fact I took down the Farm World Boss in Stormhaven as a Pug Duo at L14 with an L6 scrub that was hanging out doing what they could.

Now, granted it is an easy boss to kite, but still, it's a world boss. What allowed me to do this was the Healing I could do on my character, and of course the spastic moving around that was required. Several times during that fight I was healing myself back up from like 10 Health.

So, you may not be all that successful in a Vet Dungeon/Trial, but I have seen worse than my Warden prevail in some of those. But most any other PvE content can be done on a Mag Warden as a DPS/Heals.

The other thing you have to do that goes against the DPS Meta is set up your attacks as most of them are either DoT's or have some set up time, like the Cliff Racer one. So fights will take tactics rather than YOLO Spam of skills until they are dead like you can do with a MagSorcerer.
    Edited by Nestor on September 21, 2017 6:40PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Step one : Do not dps with magicka warden

Step two : Patiently wait and hope zos addresses their inferiority.
    Edited by exeeter702 on September 27, 2017 8:35PM