The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove Xarxes and Kastav now please

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    You assume that the people playing on those campaigns would be interested in moving to the remaining campaigns with higher pop. That is very likely not true. I know far more people than I expected who home on Kastav and Xarxes. These are people who have never enjoyed PvP, and like that these campaigns offer a chance to explore Cyrodiil and IC, with an "exciting" chance at being ganked or fighting a small group of opponents, but %0 chance of running into a zerg. If you remove these campaigns, these people would stop going to cyrodiil at all.

Yeah instead you have two campaigns on PC NA that are controlled by red emps who shut down anyone else from entering the campaign and doing anything. By all means stop giving them a reason from ruining the fun for anyone else trying to avoid the cancer that is Vivec.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question is if you can farm Emp by yourself on one of these campaigns ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    casparian wrote: »
    raviour wrote: »
    @Qbiken Shor has as very low pop and Xarxes and Kastav are even lower, there is no need for all 3.

10-30 min queues prime time for vivec are not that bad if you desire zergalism, Haderus provided a small-scale alternative. What the hec does anyone do in Xarxes and Kastav anyway ? they are totally dead (EU)...

I see your point but whenever I try to que into Vivec it´s closer to an hour (unless I start the que at 17:00 or in the weekend) so perhaps it´s our individual experience that makes our opinions so different.

Let me rewrite what my original thougth was: Instead of removing both 7 days campaigns (Xarxes and Kastav) a start would be to remove one and see how the population cap turns out for the ones that are left. If it still turns out that both are "empty" then the last could be removed as well so we only have one 7-day campaign.

I'm confused about how many 7-day campaigns you think there are. Do you realize there are currently three? OP is asking ZOS to remove two of them and leave one (Shor), as none of them ever gets close to pop lock.

I´m well aware that there´re 3 atm (Shor, Kastav and Xarxes). My 2nd suggestion was to remove let say Xarxes and let Kastav and Shor stay, just to see if the population cap stays the same. If it does, then Kastav can be removed as well. But removing Kastav and Xarxes both at once I´m against.

This guy prefers a Cyrodiil with no players in it.

Weirdest conclusion I´ve seen......I just want short que times and actually play PvP.

Some people don’t consider it pvp unless everyone’s running around zerging each other. I agree that perhaps shutting one campaign down at a time could be a good idea.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get where someone thinks that would make Sotha pop locked with a queue. Right now my choices are Vivec which is pop locked but you'll get a fight even if its a zergy one; or an empty server whether its CP or no CP. Then thats not much better as it often winds up with whoever showed up with a group of 10, balled up to fight 5 or so random solo guys that came looking for the only action on the server.

Way past time to remove these campaigns
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are great carebear campaigns. Closing them will not increase PvP population elsewhere. Instead if Vivec was only alternative we would just block away another actual PvPer. When Haderus was closed i did exactly that.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes coming to the campaigns with next major update, apparently.

Sotha might be salvageable when campaign resets, we'll see.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Feanor LoL if I really wanted to OFC. I had 9 emps before so don't really care, wanna try solo Molag in IC with imperial physique though just for laughs.

@gabriebe i hope thats true or I will see you again on NA due to zergalistic same old same old on EU.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if Xarxes and Kastav are removed, where will all the pretend PvPers and PvEers go to become Emperor and level up Assault for Warhorn, Vigor, and Caltrops?
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The real question is if you can farm Emp by yourself on one of these campaigns ;)

Not if your alliance holds everything... ;)
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should not remove campaigns but attract more players to play pvp. That's the only solution!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »
    They should not remove campaigns but attract more players to play pvp. That's the only solution!

Only double AP events do that to a level where we need all these currently, and I imagine we’d be right back to where we are after people got all the AP they need.

Possible that a major investment in dev time to revamp Cyrodiil to make it feel fresh and new might possibly do it by attracting old PVPers to return, but even if they were to do it; it would be a risk that no one likes it and we wind up worse off.

Think the safest way is to trim it down now; and if they then manage to attract more PVPers over time, they can just bring them back as needed.
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭

Basically this

During the midyear mayhem event all campaigns were full, and could barely contain all the population within. I know very good and exped players that only do trials because Cyrodiil is just boring for them.
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucu wrote: »

Basically this

During the midyear mayhem event all campaigns were full, and could barely contain all the population within. I know very good and exped players that only do trials because Cyrodiil is just boring for them.

To attract more players to PVP it has to be actually good first. To have good PVP you have to actually give a [snip]. Having 3 empty campaigns while the other 2 are full and laggy as hell means they really dont give a [snip].

Even a braindead person knew that making a double AP event would require more campaigns to sustain the huge influx of players. Especially after they had already done a double AP week for testing lag which proved them exactly that. Yet they somehow couldnt see it coming and only opened new campaigns halfway through the event when we had 700 player queues. And even a braindead person knew that after the event is over those campaigns would have to be closed otherwise they will all be empty. And somehow the campaigns are still open after months. We are talking about a whole new level of incompetence here.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 17, 2017 4:58PM
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    They must be just deleted as soon as possible
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am against shutting them down because I like to enter Cyrodiil without a long waiting queue.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA Vivec last night the que for AD was over 100.
    DC and EP had no waiting times.
    Regardless of how many servers there are players continue to dog pile on one alliance and one server.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 19, 2017 11:52AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets be real when people are saying " I want 2 of 7 days campaign to be removed so there will be more people to play in heathly small scale enviroment on the last one when Vivec is zergfest" thses people are dreaming.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, remove them... No more emperor's farming campaigns...
    Edited by Vesper_BR on October 19, 2017 12:46PM
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don’t want emp farming? Remove all campaigns but Vivec. There you go.

Just ignore the extra ones. I don’t see what the issue is.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people are so up in arms about this. Emp farming isn't new. Coordinated map flipping and Emp farming has been happening since shortly after launch. Hopesfire is the first NA PC campaign I remember that was known for that, and ever since then there's been at least one campaign used for emp capping. It has no impact on the competitive PvP servers, and shutting down those campaigns won't improve anything in the remaining ones. Just ignore them, play where you want and let others do the same.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people are so up in arms about this. Emp farming isn't new. Coordinated map flipping and Emp farming has been happening since shortly after launch. Hopesfire is the first NA PC campaign I remember that was known for that, and ever since then there's been at least one campaign used for emp capping. It has no impact on the competitive PvP servers, and shutting down those campaigns won't improve anything in the remaining ones. Just ignore them, play where you want and let others do the same.

I disagree. Shutting them down will incentivize playing in a campaign where actual PVP happens to get Emp as intended. And to get AP by actually PVPing as well. Their equivalent is if I could run vet dungeons where none of the bosses show up yet I could still get all the rewards.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I disagree. Shutting them down will incentivize playing in a campaign where actual PVP happens to get Emp as intended. And to get AP by actually PVPing as well. Their equivalent is if I could run vet dungeons where none of the bosses show up yet I could still get all the rewards.

Problem is with the current system Emps are too much like vet bosses, the same one shows back up as emp after dethrone for a whole or multiple campaigns.

In my opinion a player should only be able to become Emp once per campaign then maybe every one else below his massive ap could have a chance and not feel like they have to go farm Emp on an empty server.

• Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    I am against shutting them down because I like to enter Cyrodiil without a long waiting queue.

enter Cyrodiil to fight mobs?
    I think ZoS must creat PvE Cyro version for such players but dont allow to abuse empty campaigns like now
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭

map flipping in prime time on Vivec or on empty campaign with 3 bots? oookay
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t want emp farming? Remove all campaigns but Vivec. There you go.

Just ignore the extra ones. I don’t see what the issue is.

"Your que position: 600"

That´s the issue......
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No we want these campaigns to do our "town missions". I just love to do them.

I like people to just mind their own business and not treat every player in game like their own personal property via trying to FORCE them into PVP. Like F you man! Sometimes, I just want to take a stroll in Chorroll without dealing with some horribad scrub who can only beat up on 'townies' xD
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Kastav - it's a great place to take newb to learn the mechanics
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    No we want these campaigns to do our "town missions". I just love to do them.

I like people to just mind their own business and not treat every player in game like their own personal property via trying to FORCE them into PVP. Like F you man! Sometimes, I just want to take a stroll in Chorroll without dealing with some horribad scrub who can only beat up on 'townies' xD

man, these quests are pvp quests, quests in pvp area, they determined to be challenged.
    dont try to make it easy mode especially when this easy mode hurts high-end pvp content.
    this is what u talking about:
    Mureel wrote: »

I like people to just mind their own business and not treat every player in game like their own personal property via trying to FORCE them into PVP.
    and now u say that ur chilling in pvp-area town is MORE IMPORTANT than spoiled PvP expirience of thousands another players
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on ps4 NA you can actually find decent non zergy fights in those campaigns at certain points in the day...
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    What the hec does anyone do in Xarxes and Kastav anyway ?

Fishing. :) My buddy and I can hang out by the Gate of Mnem without anyone bothering us, which is refreshing.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.