The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Housing & New Homes

• Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Clockwork provisioning station is as bugged as hell (like the previous one) - it is too large and it is *impossible* to place it without clipping. How can we decorate homes with such an issue? Please, make stations more convenient and friendly to other stuff around!

Till we can't use provisioning stations at fireplaces and near other objects our kitchens are useless :(
    And yes, I think it can be redesigned? Ovens would be so desirable!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    •What did you think of the two new homes, the Orbservatory Prior and Pariah’s Pinnacle?

Nice work, but both of them are far too large for me.

•Was the new quest to obtain your first home clear and enjoyable?

What new quest?

•Small and medium sized homes no longer have achievement requirements to purchase them. Does this make it more appealing to purchase?

No. I have all those achievements on one character or another.

•Did you look through the new furnishings in the Housing Editor? What did you think of them?

Interesting rocks. Nothing much else caught my eye.

•Do you have any other general feedback?

The FPO loading screen for the Observatory shows vats with bubbling blue liquid in them, but the ones actually in the home are just empty. It also shows a telescope and some furniture with more colourful lighting. I think those would be nice to have. Something to observe from the Observatory might have been a good idea.

Pariah's Pinnacle is just far too far from the nearest way shrine.
    PC EU
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the two new homes, the Orbservatory Prior and Pariah’s Pinnacle?

Clockwork City home:

Elevators hard to see: The elevators in the Clockwork City house are hard to find and the first time I visited it, I thought the house was tiny for a notable home. it wasn't until i jumped off and landed on the lower level that I realized it was two stories.
    Recommendation: Make the lever that you need to push to use the elevator glow so it is easy see.

False doors: There are a lot of false doors, which make navigating around the home confusing and make it feel even smaller. The design of these doors is also rather flat and visually unappealing. I personally would rather prefer having a blank wall instead of the false doors.
    Recommendation: replace false doors with walls

Overall Impression: Given the potential of Clockwork City, the house was a bit of a let down. The platforms behind it look too much like vMA platforms and are not big/wide enough to put anything substantial on it, limiting creativity. There is too much brass and Clockwork themed things going on. I know this is a Clockwork City DLC home, but if part of it connected to some sort of cave, then you would have a place for plants or something other than Clockwork-themed furniture. The false doors are confusing and also visually unappealing. It feels like a very small home with too much of the same thing going on. I hope there are more homes added in the future that make use of the unique landscape of Clockwork City.

Overall Improvement Suggestion: Expand the size of the home by adding a connecting "natural" feature that makes use of the Clockwork City landscape (a cave or an outdoor plateau), sort of like Pariah's Pinnacle does. As of right now, there is not really a good place for plants or non-Clockwork-themed items. Adding the "natural" feature will add more variety to what the home has to offer and could even offer an alternative way to connect the two levels together without having to take the elevator. After all, who wouldn't want a secret Clockwork laboratory with a hidden cave?

Pariah’s Pinnacle

Overall Impression: I find this to be a very open home with plenty of room for both outdoor furnishings (plants and rocks) and indoor furnishings. The layout is nice and it's oddly fun to jump off that waterfall. Personally for me this is one of my favorite homes added to the game to date. There is a lot of room for large and small builds alike. Another great feature is that there are no doors with loading screens, which allows everything inside to naturally connect.

No invisible walls to stop players from falling is actually quite nice. There is now the possibility of building sky platforms and airships, making this home the first home to make that easily possible.

Was the new quest to obtain your first home clear and enjoyable? Already had it completed

Small and medium sized homes no longer have achievement requirements to purchase them. Does this make it more appealing to purchase? Yes

Did you look through the new furnishings in the Housing Editor? What did you think of them?

The new furnishings are certainly interesting. I noticed that if the Clockwork Home is purchased with furniture, you get two giant spheres full of water. I did not find anything like that in the new furnishings in the Housing Editor. I hope they become obtainable since two is not really enough if buying the furnished home is the only way to get them.

The animated furniture is certainly interesting, and it is good to see more of it. The circle of Clockwork "beds" reminds me of stasis room from the Alien movie. My question is, where do the humans sleep in Clockwork City? I hope human-friendly beds are added at a later point. Overall, the new furniture is rather interesting and I hope more Clockwork furniture items will be added.

Do you have any other general feedback?

Regarding the Housing Editor, there needs to be a way to filter for "New" items to quickly look through it all.

The housing item cap needs to increase!! There is a lot of incredible furniture added but nowhere to put it, making players less inclined to buy it. Some of the larger homes such as the island look rather empty even with all 700 items placed due to the sheer size of the place.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it wrong I went to both of these and jumped off the edge ?

I did that too!!! I also jumped off the waterfall!
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • mingimingi
    mingimingi
    ✭✭✭
    The goldbark trees scattered throughout CC are amazing. Can you include those with the Home Goods Furnisher, pretty please?

As of now, no unique items from CC are not in the HG Furnisher, and it would be nice to see some things from there, besides the usual stuff.

As for the Achievement Vendor, I like the gem holder and the tank, but I think some visual zest could be added to the other things. Add some glow coming from the target, let the orb spin or shimmer, etc.

If I missed some things, or the trees are already there, I'm just not seeing them, then rip. But otherwise, i think these would be nice additions to housing.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Wrothgar home! I love the openness to the exterior as well as the large spaces because it gives you so many options. The only drawback, and the ONLY reason I won't be purchasing this home is the little problem we have with the limitation on furniture slots.

I've spent some time looking at Youtube videos of some of the more unique creations people have come up with when 'decorating' their homes. I think for some of us, it's like having a blank canvas and the furniture items are the "paints" we use. It opens the opportunity to be very creative, very artistic. It's not often that a person gets this type of opportunity in a game, but we have that in ESO and I am very grateful.

I realize that, at least for now, there has to be limits on the number of items placed in homes due to server issues. If we can't get an increase in this number, perhaps if ZOS created 'furnishings' that were 'grouped' so that several items only counted as 1 item, that may help a little. Perhaps grouping plants/trees so we get 3 or 4 items in the group, but since they are 'grouped' it only counts as 1 item?

Anyway, thank you ZOS for the new homes.

BTW, I do like the clockwork city home, but I would like it more if the sky wasn't so muted looking. Other than that, the clockwork home is beautiful.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love the Observatory prior, but ive seen so many closed doorways in there and was thinking, since the house is listed as Notable, shouldnt it be a bit bigger? Because compared to the other Notable houses it is smaller

totally agree.

love the observatory, but it needs a bit of expansion. it has the potential to be even more impressive and useful if some of the suggestions above were implemented.

i'm not wild for the pinnacle but that's because i already have a most excellent orc dwelling in bangkorai.

• Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for housing and the new homes. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • What did you think of the two new homes, the Orbservatory Prior and Pariah’s Pinnacle?
    • Was the new quest to obtain your first home clear and enjoyable?
    • Small and medium sized homes no longer have achievement requirements to purchase them. Does this make it more appealing to purchase?
    • Did you look through the new furnishings in the Housing Editor? What did you think of them?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

Both of them - Good job on not caging us in with invisible walls. Being able to fall off the edge is a good sign that you aren't treating us like we need to be fenced in for our own good.

All housing - I understand that lighting levels are part of zeni's presentation of the area. However, we should be able to choose a setting that is within the developer-chosen maximum and minimum lighting levels.

Pinnacle - Wow big. Awesome back yard. But it's too open. There's only like 2 rooms in the place that could have the slimmest chance at pretending to be "indoor", but the lack of any sort of barrier between that room and the others that are wide open to the blizzard outdoors mean it really doesn't succeed at being "indoor". Easy fix could be to grab 2 or 4 large wall hangings, mark them no-clipping so people can walk through them, and add them as tapestries that cover the doorways to that bedroom and the room with the cages in it, and maybe... maybe... the hallway leading out to the back. Easy peasy no more breezy.

Prior - also wow big. Make the levers for the elevator more prominent. I was telling someone about it and was a bit disappointed when I stumbled over the little activation box for the elevator to the sub level.
    Xbox NA
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    Is it wrong I went to both of these and jumped off the edge ?

I did that too!!! I also jumped off the waterfall!

It would be a most convenient way to exit the home, if we could respawn at any way shrine, and fun too
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on September 21, 2017 8:59AM
    PC EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The interaction prompt for the Transmutation Station appears at a very long range:

De0dDnq.jpg

Not sure if this is intended or not.

The clockwork alchemy, blacksmithing and clothing stations are similarly affected.
    PC EU
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad if the CWO is going to be a Crown exclusive
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few quick notes before I gotta go to work...

Been fiddling with Pariah’s Pinnacle, and must say am tempted to get this one, even if it costs a truck load of crowns. Orbservatory Prior is also nice and all, but I feel that the design of the place limits what one can do with it. It already comes with it's theme and style, and anything not clockwork is gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

Pariah’s Pinnacle on the other hand does offers lots of interesting design options and ideas, and am starting to be real tempted to try and actually do some of them once this hits live. And since my current house is pretty much in it's finishing stages of few little last tweaks, am in the market for a new project. And I do spend hundreds of hours on these decorating projects so am looking for something suitably juicy to occupy my time with. In theory this place delivers, but in practice... am not so sure.

I don't mind the open design, or the fact that there are no doors. I can build around that. I don't care about uneven floors either, since do not really see this as something I would carpet all that much anyway. Maybe a few bear pelts in the sleeping area or something. But that's it. This is a rugged abode after all, for hardy individuals.

The backyard offers all sort of interesting ideas, from trying to create some sort of hot spring type a deal in the lake, to building a sauna. And was surprised to realize that there is an extra outdoor level atop the waterfalls. Cool place to build some sort of structure as a retreat. Or maybe a safely remote location for weird magical experiments...

Was bit bummed out that I wasn't able to reach the top of the mountain itself, since I hit an invisible ceiling, but can live with that. Did not bother to see how low I can go yet (Do wonder if I can reach the buildings below the entrance...), but one certainly can go fairly far away into the sky, and building an airship or something is quite viable for this place.

However... Even with all that, there is one fairly large problem here, and one that may ultimately make all my dreams and hopes null and void. And that is the climate. Everything outside the interior chambers is frosted with snow. It looks cool and suits the place and gives it a proper cold mountain top vibe.

But every furnishing in the game, not designed with this place specifically in mind, lack that layer of snow and ice, and thus look really out of place when placed in the open. Inside the halls is fine, but outside they just look bad. Like they don't belong.

Honestly, I don't know how to fix this issue either. I doubt the engine can be tweaked to dynamically switch assets to snow-clad versions when placed outside. And doing frosted versions of every single item in the game is not viable option either. And even if it was... Well, this is not a game where you can just go and buy, or fetch those snowy versions of each furnishing from a shop or something. No, this is an MMO that has inbuilt grind. And adding couple of hundred new iced over furnishing recipes is just not something anyone is willing to bother with. And unless they cost like 5 crowns each buying them is not a sensible option either.

Don't know what to tell you really... The house is a cool idea, but is made useless by the design of your engine and the strategy of your marketing. As such, I do think I have to give this thing a pass after all. So please, do try to keep in mind, when designing future houses, what is actually doable within the framework you have painted yourself in.

And finally... According to the item catalogue for the place - that is when I try to retrieve placed items - there should be a giant legendary quality stone orc head there somewhere. However, I can't find it. The arrows pointing toward it, make it seem that it is buried like 100 meter deep in the rock or something. I tried to my darnest to get to the damn thing, since I wanted to see where it was before retrieving it. But couldn't find it anywhere. Or maybe it is in an unreachable place. Don't know, but maybe have someone look into it.
    Edited by Hymzir on September 21, 2017 12:31PM
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

I realize that, at least for now, there has to be limits on the number of items placed in homes due to server issues. If we can't get an increase in this number, perhaps if ZOS created 'furnishings' that were 'grouped' so that several items only counted as 1 item, that may help a little. Perhaps grouping plants/trees so we get 3 or 4 items in the group, but since they are 'grouped' it only counts as 1 item?

This would make me VERY HAPPY if i could continue to decorate my home without removing items to be able to finish it... And this is increasingly difficult with new stuff being added all the time.

If this were STILL not possible but as long as its not an animated item, i don't see why it couldn't be... then It would at least be nice to have the ability for people to travel to more than just ONE of our homes when the homeowner is offline and cant keep changing their default or porting to it.

Edited by Snowfaeriewings on September 21, 2017 7:37PM
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭

It would be a most convenient way to exit the home, if we could respawn at any way shrine, and fun too

I am still hoping they add small wayshrines for our homes to allow us to port to anywhere we choose. (yes i know i can for money... i also know i can port to a guildie for free but not guaranteed where in the zone they are...)

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The clockwork house is really impressive, I also like the new furnishings. The art team is doing a great job, I'm very happy with the newest crown store and dlc items, the quality of models and textures and the designs.
    Not really a fan of Pariah’s Pinnacle, but I dont really like orcish theme in general, so yeah. Just not my cup of tea.

I havent done the new housing quest.

I think its a good idea to remove the achievement requirements.

I also REALLY hope that the new furnishing recipes will be easier to obtain than Morrowind ones. I already gave up on collecting Morrowind schematics and BA motif, just because there's no way I could collect them all (I understand that some things are supposed to be rare, but "rare" and "almost unobtainable" are different things). I mean, when I pick an argonian recipe from a dunmer tomb, it doesnt make any sense (and it dilutes already scarce loot table). Please remove the basic recipes from DLC/chapter areas!

I would also like to see more medium-sized houses. The item limit makes larger houses much less appealing, despite the awesome designs (had to skip the Linchal manor because of that), and smaller houses usually look more "finished" when fully furnished.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Florra
    Florra
    ✭✭
    Some bugs at Pariah's Pinnacle:
    1. Impossible to go to stairs from right side:
    Screenshot_20170921_110412.jpg

2. I cannot find this Orcish Head, I wanted to see where its placed by default:
    Screenshot_20170921_110751.jpg

3. Very long range to crafting stations (alchemy, clothing, blacksmithing, transmute):
    Screenshot_20170921_111557.jpg

4. I need to pay money to port to my own house (PP):
    Screenshot_20170921_112711.jpg
    GM of Aetherius Art (PC EU)
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know others have mentioned these bugs, but thought I would post some pics of the interactions on the lights that keep getting turned off EVERY TIME you leave the home or travel between levels of the home. Also the prompt for the Transmute Station to give you an idea of how this might be happening.

Hope this helps @ZOS_GinaBruno

Every time I enter my home or travel between upper and lower level the lights turn off.
    WqKqEt8.png

Every light that is turned off, give the prompt to "Deactivate" even though they are already deactivated.
    5ZG0keb.png

After click EVERY light to "Deactivate" then click to "Activate" lights are back on.
    v3u7FRg.png

Same issue with all lights outside.
    UWifduE.png

Rinse and Repeat.
    jMDKn7p.png

Transmute Station had prompt several feet away. Clicking "Use" travels you all the way to the station.
    SZhGDFN.png
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have only previewed the Observatory Prior so far and I really like most of it. Porting in offers a rather breathtaking view and I thought - wow, this is awesome!

Then, going inside and seeing false doors was a little disappointing. Overall, I'm ok with the size, as I don't consider "notable" to equal "large." Notable to me means that the house is unique in some way - such as a cavern, island, mushroom tower, etc. The grounds of both HHH and Linchal would be what makes them notable - certainly not the homes themselves.

I really hope that the Observatory will be purchasable with gold for completing a specific achievement or two, and not a limited-time crown store exclusive. They did it with HHH, so I hope it will be done with this one.

Otherwise, as much as I like it, I probably wouldn't purchase it with crowns unless it was similar in cost to Tel Galen. Also, I can't see purchasing it unfurnished for crowns, since it feels like the only furnishings that would work are the ones specific to clockwork city. Perhaps some of the Dwemer stuff would work. Which is another reason why I'm on the fence about this one. The place just feels really sterile to me and I don't see it really being a home. But, I guess, though, it would make a really great workshop.

I echo at least one comment here regarding the desire for more medium homes. I'd also like more small homes and apartments. And, can we please get some homes in the DLC zones that AREN'T Crown Store limited-time offers? Pretty please?
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Love the Observatory Prior, gonna have to buy this one. I don't understand why people say they feel the need to stick to a strict clockwork style, the first thing I did was take out the borg beds and put in Telvanni bed and bath tub with ivy all about. Lots of possible things to do here and I haven even added my crystals or illuminated plants yet. Thank you ZOS!
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Narrat0r
    Narrat0r
    Soul Shriven
    Part of the guardrail by spawn point in the observatory prior is missing its collision box, some unsuspecting victim, namely me, could fall off while enjoying the scenery.
    DVcqoko.jpg
    www.narratorgames.com
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narrat0r wrote: »
    Part of the guardrail by spawn point in the observatory prior is missing its collision box, some unsuspecting victim, namely me, could fall off while enjoying the scenery.
    DVcqoko.jpg

There are no "guard rails" anywhere. You can climb down planks all around the building right down to the point where you insta-die from environmental damage.

I didn't try to see how far you can travel horizontally outwards from the building.

PC EU
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have some general feedback - I notice that you have removed entirely "Sapling, Crabapple" from the furnishings vendor in Craglorn, with no attention in the patch notes.

This was the 100g Common quality sapling that was identical to the 6,000g Epic quality "Tree, Blooming Crabapple".

The remaining trees are the aforementioned Epic tree and also the 13,000g Epic quality "Tree, Sturdy Crabapple". However there are two sets of Crabapple skins in Craglorn - one that is full of blossoms and one that has a scattered few blossoms on it. The current trees on the vendor both use the scattered blossom skin. To fix the error, wouldn't it have been better to make the more expensive trees use the more desirable lush blossom skin, and have the Common-quality saplings use the less desirable scattered blossom skin, rather than removing the Sapling entirely?

Vendor on Live:
    wmU7gVU.png

Vendor on PTS:
    R9BRjlp.png

Lush blossom tree (not available at all on vendor currently):
    bniNX9t.png

Scattered blossom tree (Currently used for both 100g "Sapling, Crabapple" and 6,000g "Tree, Blooming Crabapple"):
    FSHMOco.png

Lush blossom "sturdy" tree (not available at all on vendor currently):
    6h7SbUh.png

Scattered blossom "sturdy" tree (currently used for 13,000g "Tree, Sturdy Crabapple"):
    3pxNdfU.png

• WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quick feedback after toying with the new houses...

1) Pariah Pinnacle is beautiful but yeah... SOOO big and yet the item limit is going to be a problem. I really think this is the biggest obstacle holding back the 'Manor' and 'Mansion' size homes; they'd make perfect Guild Houses but they have too much space and not enough item and population slots.
    2) Observatory Prior is likewise gorgeous, yet somewhat compact, but without a proper gauge on the pricing and availability, might quickly drop from a 'Must-Have' to a 'Not Worth It" if either are out of reach and reason for the playerbase.
    This syndrome happened to the Linchal Grand Manor when my guildies and I went to Preview it and saw the pricing once it went Live. Quite simply the usability of super large homes with sub-par limits at super-high prices made 'the juice just not worth the squeeze'.
    3) The Home Menu Crown items are all still priced at normal prices, which makes experimenting with the new Crown furnishings unfeasible. Please drop them to 1 Crown each if you want us to actually do some experimenting with them and provide more useful feedback?
    4) The lights inside the furnished Prior continually dim if you travel outside of direct LOS but remain 'Activated', so one has to turn-off then activate them again to get the light sources back on again. This is not a good selling feature.
    5) Invisible walls might be a good idea for the landing areas and backyard areas of both new homes, lest owners and guests alike dive off to their deaths while exploring.
    6) There's an autodeath if you hop off the Lower Observatory Landing along the conveyors to the center below. Seems a bit silly since the distance there is quite manageable by most Live world standards.

It might also be nice if there was some 'test crates' of Transmutation Stones for pure testing and experimentation of the actual applied Transmutation Table mechanics. Sure, we'll definitely want to test the drop rates for the qualifying events, but for sheer practicality there needs to be some readily available stones as well.
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the two new homes, the Orbservatory Prior and Pariah’s Pinnacle?
    They're awesome - just far too big again. It's also confusing that there are no maps available.
    Was the new quest to obtain your first home clear and enjoyable?
    Didn't check, is there a new one again? But so far it has been pretty clear.
    Small and medium sized homes no longer have achievement requirements to purchase them. Does this make it more appealing to purchase?
    I think that hardly matters - I've included some more detailed feedback below.
    Did you look through the new furnishings in the Housing Editor? What did you think of them?
    The new furnishings are awesome. I love the Clockwork style in general and would very much be looking forward to having the opportunity of varying my previously furnished houses if not for the sick feeling in my stomach that the drop rate will be as bad as for the Vvardenfell recipes and I will probably ruin myself trying to obtain any of the new items directly after launch.
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    Yes!

I am someone who spends a LOT of time with housing. It's somewhat off-topic, but since I figured you'd be following this, I'll post my main points of concern here.
    • Only huge houses:
      We get the fact that you need to generate revenue by making people spend crowns.
      However, as a roleplayer I can count the number of characters I have who live in a frikkin' mansion on one finger (and I've hit the item cap of Ebonheart Mansion like a wrecking ball ages ago). Why don't we get small homes for your average citizen? My whole guild is hoping that we can buy a small home like the family homes in Sadrith Mora or Vos, instead we get yet another mansion.
      Another thing that irks me greatly is that I can only have two people and thirty items in any inn room. I tried furnishing the inn room in Vivec as sort of Vvardenfell tavern for a little side project just to find out that I can't get more than two people inside (the tavern looked stupid due to the low item cap anyway). Please raise the cap to at least four people, and double the item cap!
    • Not enough day-to-day clutter
      I datamine around on PTS to see what is in the code and also to get ahead of the new recipes, so I know that there are plenty of items available that your average craftsman would have in his home - rolls of fabric, bits of scrap, gem/glass shards, now with Clockwork spools of yarn. Hell, we can't even properly place weapons in our home without spending several 10k gold for a replica of the Blade of Woe or a Shehai!
      Please consider adding those permanently to the game by adding them to the inventory of the corresponding crafting vendors.
    • Drop rate of furniture recipes:
      This is my main point of concern. I'm the person who maintains the AddOn FurnitureCatalogue, so I consider myself somewhat well-informed as far as furniture sources are concerned.
      Since a week after Morrowind release, I have four characters in Dreloth Ancestor Tomb and loot all urns at least once a day. The total number of purple-quality recipes I have gotten is seven - two Bosmer recipes I already knew, one Argonian recipe I already knew, two Khajiit recipes I already knew, a Telvanni table runner and an Indoril banner.
      I have no reason to believe that the drop rates for Clockwork City will be any better, and that flat-out turns any anticipation I might have towards the AddOn into instant anxiety (just add water).
      Again, I love ESO very much and spend a lot of time (and quite some money - my husband would say too much of both) on it. But at this point I am extremely frustrated that it's so little rewarding.
      On EU, every purple Vvardenfell recipe starts at at least 300k - blues hardly sell for under 50k even three months after release. I would love to furnish my house fully Vvardenfell style and I love crafting and collecting, but the only way to do that right now is to either sell my kidneys for crowns or buy gold on eBay.
      Please give those drop chances a serious boost. One way would be to completely remove all furniture blueprints that weren't introduced with the add-on from the loot tables of the corresponding area - but whatever you do, please do something!
    • Writing utensils:
      The collection of writing supplies is extremely limited - basically everyone in Tamriel is using the same quill and ink jar. The awesome Dwemer pen will make that a bit better, but then everyone will use the same Dwemer pen. Some more variety would be nice.
      It would also be kind if those items would be obtainable from the Mages' guild instead of justice only.
      I would also like to have brushes and a colour palette, and it would be great if the canvas item that's scattered through Tamriel in several places would be made available to us.
    • Instruments:
      Ever-since I've datamined the harp I've been looking forward to getting it for my musician character despite the fact that it was legendary and I anticipated having to spend crowns for it. Yet here I am, still waiting. Could you perhaps move that along?
    • The lights, and permissions
      Let me remind you of the fact that people without decorator access can still turn off every single light in the house (it happened to me just yesterday again). While the lights being turned off whenever you enter the house or travel between levels is sort of taking care of the issue, I'm not comfortable with letting people into my houses as long as they can alter things there!
    Edited by manavortex on September 25, 2017 12:58PM
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the update, there are huge invisible walls all over Observatory Prior, blocking off the upstairs side room as well as the entire downstairs area.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    Earrindo wrote: »
    edit: I forgot to mention, it seems pretty arbitrary to have the house hlaalu flower emblem on the clothing station. Perhaps a symbol more apropos to Sotha Sil would be better.

The flower is not unique to Hlaalu and appears on other house furnishings. It appears to be a more generic Dunmer motif.
    I toured the clockwork observatory:

Is there a lorebook or quest that explains the conveyer belts that move the metal plates back and forth across the rooms? They seem like they're either bits of data being whisked around inside a massive mechanical computer or perhaps the whole place is a license plate factory for all the automatons outside.

In CWC they write by cutting the letters into metal plates, which are then bound in books or fed onto the conveyors for continuous reading.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observatory prior, theres invisible was inside house. When u first enter inside u cant go inside the room to the left. When u take elevator down u cant walk out.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I also had the problem with the two invisible walls in Observatory Prior, which meant I really never got to explore the place much, bit disappointing. What I could see looked interesting, although I prefer the more ornate style of the TES V (Skyrim) metal furniture.

Thanks ZOS for allowing us to access the waterfalls in Pariah’s Pinnacle, I had fun getting up there and jumping off both of them. it would be nice not to have snow blowing through the place, but I could live with it. The flame effect on the Orcish brazier snowswept column needs to be actually be in with the coals rather than emitting from the base of the column.
  • Narrat0r
    Narrat0r
    Soul Shriven
    The two new houses don't show up on the map until you preview them.
    Also, the Insta death is avoidable in this far corner of the invisible walls.
    PyJxn3B.jpg
    www.narratorgames.com
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    Pariah's Pinnacle has way too much space. You guys already know that the low item limit is an issue yet you keep making houses with tons of space. Speaking of houses, Pariah's Pinnacle isn't really a house, it's more like an open area. I waited a long time for a snowy house in Wrothgar so I should be excited right? Well, I'm not.

Here's a tiny version of Pariah's Pinnacle.
    Favim.com-christmas-christmas-tree-gazebo-snow-winter-248698.jpg

Yeah but they have also said they are working on increasing the cap (when housing was released they said this) so its best to have larger houses now rather then rework them all later.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.