The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove Shield Breaker and/or Give us a full counter to Cloak/Stealth

• Thrymbauld
    Thrymbauld
    ✭✭✭
    It's not all that great a set. It kills mouth breathers that are so crutched on their shields that they forget to even look at their health bar, and that's about it. I sometimes switch it in when the blue health bars are getting really prevalent, but honestly, I don't even keep it on most of the time because for general use it's kinda meh because light attacking isn't generally the focus of spiking someone down.

The guys that bother to have health and resistances DO, in fact, stop casting shields for those style fights, I see it fairly regularly. A guy spamming light attacks isn't going to kill you without that SB proc if you've bothered with any survivability. I've seen it happen multiple times and it is effective. No, it's not effective in full light divines with zero in health, no health food, and no health enchants, you'll have to actually put token effort into the "normal" PvP survival tactics to make it work.

The fact that some damage shield users are even making it all the way to a guy with shieldbreaker with gear and builds like this underscores why it is in the game with no end in sight. Everyone else that shuns general survivability to that degree doesn't live long enough to even find something specific to whine about.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thread is full of idiots...

Use health food.. Really? Don't use divines? Guess what? already there.. Is this advice aimed at brand new players? Or is it the only advice you're capable of giving?

Don't shield.... Wow.. great advice.... let me see.. proof earlier in this thread.. 12 procs in 7.6 seconds... = 9 procs in 6 seconds. 9x2100= 18,900 damage.

18,900 damage taken in the time it takes for a shield to wear off.. you guys think that is balanced? Add in the ususal infused oblivion enchant = 21,000.. How is this balanced?

Carry on with the insults etc.. but I CAN deal with this from a single attacker as long as he's bad (which most SB users are, so its fine). I cannot deal with them when another opponent is involved. I'm fine with losing due to being outplayed. I'm NOT fine to losing because some 'mouth-breather' who wouldn't have a chance alone and without this set involved in the combat just mashes left-click.

Viper was nerfed - twice - because people complained about it dealing 6k resistable melee damage every 4 seconds..
    yet you guys think 19k unresistable from range in 6 seconds is fine?

You make me laugh. Obviously crutching on a bad, bad set set, and crying when somebody tries to take your favourite toy away because you know without it, you'll not beat a single person again in your tryhard 3-man ganks. (see, I can make assanine assumptions about peoples playstyle/ability too!)

Edited by Biro123 on September 21, 2017 9:54AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    I wonder how the likes of Kodi and co. can kill sorcs so easily. They must be cheating... Can't be that they've learned how to counter a class or something.

Kodi also kills Shieldbreaker users when he's on his magic sorc, so by your logic, isn't Shield Breaker also balanced?

When being shot from stealth behind a zerg in or around a keep you actually wanna take? Unlikely.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    Its not possible to get off 6-8 light attacks in 5 seconds. You exaggerate and you lie. I'm done.

With lag it might look like he's getting that many attacks in a few seconds.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    Its not possible to get off 6-8 light attacks in 5 seconds. You exaggerate and you lie. I'm done.

With lag it might look like he's getting that many attacks in a few seconds.

There is proof further up in the thread. Are you not aware that different weapons have different light-attack cooldowns? And that bow is the fastest.

Lag just makes it worse in that you can sometimes have lost 1/3 of your health before it reflects in your interface... but that's true of all damage.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Hopped on my sorc after telling y'all I was melting people with SB. Well I Melted anyone using SB agaisnt me. And Still using shields, just don't turtle up, y'all gotta go offensive!!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tormy wrote: »
    Hopped on my sorc after telling y'all I was melting people with SB. Well I Melted anyone using SB agaisnt me. And Still using shields, just don't turtle up, y'all gotta go offensive!!

True that. Most SB users don't seem to know how to defend themselves.

Biggest problem I have with it though (which I have mentioned before) is that its always tied to bow light-attacks. Of all attacks in the game, these are probably the hardest to see - and therefore hardest to see the source of them.
    I've never encountered a solo SB user - they are always hiding among others - so its VERY difficult to see where they are coming from/which one is using it. You simply don't have time to hang around to find out.. its run or die.. ofc, its sometimes a guess as to which way to run, too....
    Edited by Biro123 on September 21, 2017 2:43PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread is toxic.
    Edited by KingJ on September 21, 2017 3:00PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how the likes of Kodi and co. can kill sorcs so easily. They must be cheating... Can't be that they've learned how to counter a class or something.

Kodi also kills Shieldbreaker users when he's on his magic sorc, so by your logic, isn't Shield Breaker also balanced?

When being shot from stealth behind a zerg in or around a keep you actually wanna take? Unlikely.
    Fighting a sorc who just throw curse and wrath on you while standing in the back of a zerg at a keep you want to take is ok I guess lol get real kid.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With everything that's available to you in game, you need a full counter to cloak? I normally don't say this, but L2 f'ing P.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Thread is full of idiots...

Use health food.. Really? Don't use divines? Guess what? already there.. Is this advice aimed at brand new players? Or is it the only advice you're capable of giving?

Don't shield.... Wow.. great advice.... let me see.. proof earlier in this thread.. 12 procs in 7.6 seconds... = 9 procs in 6 seconds. 9x2100= 18,900 damage.

18,900 damage taken in the time it takes for a shield to wear off.. you guys think that is balanced? Add in the ususal infused oblivion enchant = 21,000.. How is this balanced?

Carry on with the insults etc.. but I CAN deal with this from a single attacker as long as he's bad (which most SB users are, so its fine). I cannot deal with them when another opponent is involved. I'm fine with losing due to being outplayed. I'm NOT fine to losing because some 'mouth-breather' who wouldn't have a chance alone and without this set involved in the combat just mashes left-click.

Viper was nerfed - twice - because people complained about it dealing 6k resistable melee damage every 4 seconds..
    yet you guys think 19k unresistable from range in 6 seconds is fine?

You make me laugh. Obviously crutching on a bad, bad set set, and crying when somebody tries to take your favourite toy away because you know without it, you'll not beat a single person again in your tryhard 3-man ganks. (see, I can make assanine assumptions about peoples playstyle/ability too!)

Oh pipe down, we get it: ur mad u died and won't be happy til you QQ post your way to a self-serving nerf. Suppose we have ZoS to blame for setting these sort of expectations. #forumsorclife
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right guys, I'll just roll a permablocking tank, and use and actual shield and be even more powerful. Then everything will be cheese-free and you nightblade sociopaths can enjoy never having any free kills. Will you finally quit playing then?

How about a pvp campaign with no nightblades, and another with no sorcs? I guarantee you the one with no nightblades will pop lock and the one with no sorcs will be dead like all the rest.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right guys, I'll just roll a permablocking tank, and use and actual shield and be even more powerful. Then everything will be cheese-free and you nightblade sociopaths can enjoy never having any free kills. Will you finally quit playing then?

How about a pvp campaign with no nightblades, and another with no sorcs? I guarantee you the one with no nightblades will pop lock and the one with no sorcs will be dead like all the rest.
    The salt lol.Any stam spec can run shield breaker I been running it on my stamdk dueling build shieldbreaker fury BS.Been using it on my S&B bar I make so many stamdk upset when I get them low and they pop igneous shield and weave my heroic slash kill them whilethe shield up.The hate messages are amazing.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

The salt lol.Any stam spec can run shield breaker I been running it on my stamdk dueling build shieldbreaker fury BS.Been using it on my S&B bar I make so many stamdk upset when I get them low and they pop igneous shield and weave my heroic slash kill them whilethe shield up.The hate messages are amazing.

Any class could but most people who play a legitimate class like DK are also respectable enough not to abuse the mechanics like that. You don't roll a DK because you want cheap, petty kills or no-skill ganks. That's pretty much exclusively bowtard stamblade territory. I always check who is running SB, and it's always a stamblade. Never encountered it from a DK. Not to say there is no DK out there who hunts down sorcs with SB, but just saying I haven't ever encountered him. With the stamblades, it's multiple times a day.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on September 21, 2017 9:30PM
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    This just has to be a troll. I refuse to believe OP wants "a" counter to stealth.

Edit: 2017-09-17_10.51.24.png
    Go nuts.

By the way, cloak is invisibility not sneaking, which is what you do when you crouch down. They are different mechanics. I am not sure how Sentry works, because I have not tested it. The tooltips are not always clear or even accurate.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any class could but most people who play a legitimate class like DK are respectable enough not to abuse the mechanics like that. You don't roll a DK because you want cheap, petty kills or no-skill ganks. That's pretty much exclusively bowtard stamblade territory. I always check who is running SB, and it's always a stamblade. Never encountered it from a DK. Not to say there is no DK out there who hunts down sorcs with SB, but just saying I haven't ever encountered him. With the stamblades, it's multiple times a day.
    Yea the difference between most people who play dk and me is that I'm a *** lol.I will say I get the most hate tells from sorc on my NB and challenges to duel and I don't gank its just hate and the superiority complex sorc have its annoying but I don't run it on my NB more fun not to still get salty messages.

All classes are legimate even NB doesn't matter tbat you don't like them.
    Edited by KingJ on September 21, 2017 9:51PM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really good clips here but what needs to really change here is stacking shields, you should not be able to stack a new shield up until the last one expires but here is a nice clips of a sorcerer 1v10 on Xbox I just found

https://youtu.be/kFu1bVWvQSo
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how ppl who get hit with Shield breaker the first thing they do is start stacking Shields... gitgud and L2P

That would be because a strong shield-stack is needed to handle all the non-oblivion damage to give you time to try to handle the oblivion damage with your crappy heals..

Not shielding = death. Using shieldbreaker doesn't suddenly mean not-shielding = surviving.

L2P and gitgud with your SB crutch.

It's a trash set for trash players, end of story. No respectable PvP player uses it. Just like I don't use harness and hardened ward because I know it's broken and trash.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now i have been in support of a "blockbreaker" set only because I think the block meta is stupid.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fighting a sorc who just throw curse and wrath on you while standing in the back of a zerg at a keep you want to take is ok I guess lol get real kid.

For real, you unmannered zergling, if Curse and Fury is all it takes to kill your skillless butt, then you deserve to die.

Oh, and reading the posts above, you boasting about aaall the hatemails you get - you just practically did the same about sorcs. MAN, is your view clouded and borderline delusional!
    Get help, bro!
    x'D
    Edited by Lord-Otto on September 25, 2017 4:51AM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For real, you unmannered zergling, if Curse and Fury is all it takes to kill your skillless butt, then you deserve to die.

Oh, and reading the posts above, you boasting about aaall the hatemails you get - you just practically did the same about sorcs. MAN, is your view clouded and borderline delusional!
    Get help, bro!
    x'D
    Lmao the salt I love it sorc like you are so trash its sad.Learn 2 read kid (When you stand at the back of a zerg like yourself and all you do is spamming curse and wraith on your yea your gonna die anyone gonna die in meduim armor against a 20+ man zerg).In your eyes its ok for a sorc to do it but if someone does it to you its a problem.

What do I expect from a zergling who admits to zerging people down because they disagree with you. I Guess that what you have to do to get kills.Hey I never made a nerf sorc thread or a thread about anything overpreforming but your the type of guy that cries because stam build ran away from you.You probably still think stam builds can roll 15 times in a row.

Grow up kid.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A glass cannon sorc will do even more damage than that in 6 seconds if all his target does is spam light attacks.
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right, let`s nerf stealth and block and shields and let us all dance together in the moonlight picking flowers!
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson