The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Remove Shield Breaker and/or Give us a full counter to Cloak/Stealth

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "How DARE you outcheese my cheese!"

-Forum Sorcs
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    "How DARE you outcheese my cheese!"

-Forum Sorcs

Translation..:

How dare you use a cheesy set that does way more damage than any other single set in the game against a single class to overcome my cheese which consists of using only standard stat-sets while being constrained to the few viable PVP skills at my disposal. ?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are the most OP class in PVP!

BUFF cloak and HARD-NERF sorcs.

I mean seriously, they are ridiculous and need to be ground into dust.

NER NERF NERF NERF NERF SORCS - MOST TOXIC OP CLASS IN THE GAME.

:trollface:
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just join DC on Vivec and your gear and skill won't even be needed...
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Or just join DC on Vivec and your gear and skill won't even be needed...

True that... I've played more in Sotha this week while waiting in the Vivec queue due to all those who like to re-roll to the winning side..

Its getting so bad I'm actually thinking of dusting off my AD stamblade in Sotha and learning to play it again.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    Stealth needs to be removed in PvP with the exception to invisibility pots, the cp passive and cloak.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shieldbreaker is a hardcounter to one specific playstyle and pretty much useless for every other fight. Get a more diverse build and don't shield when you fight people with shieldbreaker.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried building 3k Heals per second into your obviously flawed build? Nah? then gtfo
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

-Forum Sorcs

Translation..:

How dare you use a cheesy set that does way more damage than any other single set in the game against a single class to overcome my cheese which consists of using only standard stat-sets while being constrained to the few viable PVP skills at my disposal. ?

Nowhere do you deny that you're cheesin here. Only reason you're "limited" to "standard sets" and 2 fewer skill slots is because you built your sorc to cheese shields, that's not really much of a drawback considering how much insane utility they provide. It's certainly less of a drawback than say -- a five-piece set makes you very effective vs. one class running one specific type of build and completely useless vs. the rest of the PvP population. Gasp!

It's almost as if shieldbreaker is only a "problem" because shieldstacking is an even bigger problem! My head a splode!
    https://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/77773/Cheesing#85a09f_146186
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on September 20, 2017 3:57PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread sounds like a l2p issue.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

-Forum Sorcs

Translation..:

Nowhere do you deny that you're cheesin here. Only reason you're "limited" to "standard sets" and 2 fewer skill slots is because you built your sorc to cheese shields, that's not really much of a drawback considering how much insane utility they provide. It's certainly less of a drawback than say -- a five-piece set makes you very effective vs. one class running one specific type of build and completely useless vs. the rest of the PvP population. Gasp!

It's almost as if shieldbreaker is only a "problem" because shieldstacking is an even bigger problem! My head a splode!

If only sorcs had something else to go with harness that wasn't a shield.. maybe a large burst-heal, or an instant cloak, or decent defensive passives.... ?

I'd love to have a viable magsorc build that doesn't have to rely on shields. Made a thread on it the other week looking for suggestions - but as long as they are all significantly weaker than using the usual harness + class-specific defence - then you don't really have a lot of choice... Don't blame the players for 'cheesing' if harness/hardened is viewed as being any more cheesy than harness/cloak..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else want a life lesson today?

-Forum Sorcs

Translation..:

If only sorcs had something else to go with harness that wasn't a shield.. maybe a large burst-heal, or an instant cloak, or decent defensive passives.... ?

I'd love to have a viable magsorc build that doesn't have to rely on shields. Made a thread on it the other week looking for suggestions - but as long as they are all significantly weaker than using the usual harness + class-specific defence - then you don't really have a lot of choice... Don't blame the players for 'cheesing' if harness/hardened is viewed as being any more cheesy than harness/cloak..

There are plenty magsorc builds that are viable with less or no emphasis on shields, they're just not as easy to get the same results as shield cheesin'. That's what cheese is, and now the cheese is your meta -- and because it's the meta, useless sets like shield breaker suddenly have a large niche that it fills quite well; because if you weren't all cheesin SB would go back to being what it's always been: a waste of tel var.
  • Walks_With_Kagouti
    I know im all new to this forum stuff but... why not just change your build. I mean, they took the time n effort to farm that set to counter sorcs n there dhield stacking. Why not try something new also that counters them.

Hell try a new meta with destro with sword n board n run defensive posture. Have a damage set(or revovery set) n run the set that has a chance to reflect projectiles. Its not like sorcs really use there stamina all to much (my opinion on the stamina though becuase i honestly dont use it... so yea)

But yeah... i dont really think it needs to be taken out of the game... this really is honestly a L2P. N i cant express anymore when i say the LEARN part.. but yuh no... just a thought.

"Bend your knee to me, I'll give you a minion for each enemy you've slain. You will have an army.
    -Lord Molag Bal

The armies of Molag Bal are upon you! Submit to my masters rule!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blessed Meridia on any build is insanely OP in 1v1
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    I currently run this on my stamNB back bar bow infused shieldbreaker with oblivion enchant. It's fun melting sorcs and anyone else using a shield but let's be honest it's overperforming.
  • Walks_With_Kagouti

See theres n idea right there...
    Tormy wrote: »
    I currently run this on my stamNB back bar bow infused shieldbreaker with oblivion enchant. It's fun melting sorcs and anyone else using a shield but let's be honest it's overperforming.

I mean yea, if a sorc spams shields... its going to work as intended. Plus i mean... your using an infused bow with shieldbreaker... its going to hurt alot if your using shields in the first place... its not overperforming.. really just have to make a new meta.. but apparently no-one wants to... they just want to nerf stuff that stops there build from working from the sounds of it...

"Bend your knee to me, I'll give you a minion for each enemy you've slain. You will have an army.
    -Lord Molag Bal

The armies of Molag Bal are upon you! Submit to my masters rule!
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭

I mean yea, if a sorc spams shields... its going to work as intended. Plus i mean... your using an infused bow with shieldbreaker... its going to hurt alot if your using shields in the first place... its not overperforming.. really just have to make a new meta.. but apparently no-one wants to... they just want to nerf stuff that stops there build from working from the sounds of it...

And when the sorc drops their shield, incap and execute. Its fun and allows me to run an awesome build with spriggans front bar. but I still think it's overperforming.

I do believe sorcs shields should be balanced another way and not sure how to fix shield breaker other then maybe a 1-2 sec cool down.
    Edited by Tormy on September 20, 2017 8:12PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, it's a mean mean MEAN idea.

I've been testing it in duels on my Warden, essentially Blessed + Bull = permablocker without any sturdy investment (the 5 secs of everything missing allows for Stam Regen)

It's not fair. It's really not. I've only lost to a NB because his build literally can 1 shot mine and if he times it, I'm pretty SOL

But that's an 18k health build that's as tanky as any healthplar or permablock DK
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know im all new to this forum stuff but... why not just change your build. I mean, they took the time n effort to farm that set to counter sorcs n there dhield stacking. Why not try something new also that counters them.

Hell try a new meta with destro with sword n board n run defensive posture. Have a damage set(or revovery set) n run the set that has a chance to reflect projectiles. Its not like sorcs really use there stamina all to much (my opinion on the stamina though becuase i honestly dont use it... so yea)

But yeah... i dont really think it needs to be taken out of the game... this really is honestly a L2P. N i cant express anymore when i say the LEARN part.. but yuh no... just a thought.

Destro and sword n board..?
    Where would heals come from? A 1.4 second, interruptable which cannot be block-cast?

Or could go snb and resto instead? But with no class anytime, where would damage come from?

To get away from using shields, magsorc needs either a class spammable or a reliable class heal (that doesn't rely on a shield protecting a pet).

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Where would heals come from? A 1.4 second, interruptable which cannot be block-cast?

Or could go snb and resto instead? But with no class anytime, where would damage come from?

To get away from using shields, magsorc needs either a class spammable or a reliable class heal (that doesn't rely on a shield protecting a pet).

Troll king, lingering health pots, tavas , riposte. Now you don't need to shield stack, run shuffle, when burst, simply pop a healing ward, streak, set up burst again. Pop a resto ulti when things get rough, that's what shield stacking sorcs have to do anyway.

It's not meta but you can kill potatoes with it, that's what people play mag sorc to do anyway, right?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 20, 2017 9:15PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Troll king, lingering health pots, tavas , riposte. Now you don't need to shield stack, run shuffle, when burst, simply pop a healing ward, streak, set up burst again. Pop a resto ulti when things get rough, that's what shield stacking sorcs have to do anyway.

It's not meta but you can kill potatoes with it, that's what people play mag sorc to do anyway, right?

I guess with a frost staff, that could work.. ofc every other class could run that gear and have much better results - but I guess if L2P means using builds that do a lot less damage and have less survivability vs everyone BUT a sb user... then yeah, I gotta L2P.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Sedare
    Sedare
    ✭✭✭
    this post is hilarious. people learn to counter shield stacking with a set that is situational and needs to be paired with something else of better value (value being stats/5-piece bonus) so as to not waste dmg/sustain output and you moan about it? Also there are many counters to stealth: pots, flare, sentry gear, just being in combat in general, pierce mark (oh noes bad nightblade is bad for using pierce mark), etc. Not to mention if sorcs would stop panicking when they get hit with breaker and instead go on the offense an NB is usually toast. You've the hardest hitting proc/dd/stun/knockdown ability in the game, plus an escape clause, plus built in heal/magika rejuvenation.

please go in a corner. You're on a timeout.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is the most abusive set being used on the most abusive build and class, focus spamming on any magsorc they see, it's not just normal pvp, they find any magsorc and tab target them and chase them down relentlessly. I look at my combat log and it's 6-8 procs of shield breaker from 1 person in a span of 4 or 5 seconds.

I want a set that lets me see through stealth, and if I light attack spam the nightblade, it procs an extra 2k unresistable, undodgeable damage to them with no cooldown. That would be balanced and fair compared to how Shield Breaker currently works. I suggest this set be called Cloak Breaker. Then I can wear it on my sorc be chase down all nightblades and spam light attacks and ruin their gameplay experience and abuse and harass them they way the Shield Breaker people currently do to Sorcs.

Maybe the harassment will make the game so much less fun for them they quit ESO, because frankly I am nearly there. Too bad you are running off the good players and rewarding the most toxic members of the community. It's not even about the mechanics of the set, it's about certain players looking to find the most abusive mechanics and abuse them to harass others. It's not competitive pvp, it's not really anything but trolling. Have fun with that. Maybe you can can sustain the game selling vanity pets to the trolls.

I, personally, am glad that Shield Breaker exists...

I play on PS4 and the number of Sorcs I see running around is insane; so many people have gravitated to this class for a reason (and you know fully well what that reason is no matter how much you Sorcs try and deny it)...

So yeah, I am all for there existing a Hard Counter set for your cheesy as hell class...

IMHO, so many people play Sorcs nowadays because its an unbalanced blend of high damage output, high survivability, and its easy to use (relative to the other classes)...

And no, I don't run Shield Breaker, but I give a big thumbs up for those that do...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 21, 2017 12:52AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your words ring true, however forum sorcs are too used to their shieldcrutch to adapt without a design change forcing their hand. There are a few that can, however -- and I have seen exactly Zero of them complaining about shieldbreaker.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc tears are the sweetest tears of all.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how the likes of Kodi and co. can kill sorcs so easily. They must be cheating... Can't be that they've learned how to counter a class or something.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    I wonder how the likes of Kodi and co. can kill sorcs so easily. They must be cheating... Can't be that they've learned how to counter a class or something.

Kodi also kills Shieldbreaker users when he's on his magic sorc, so by your logic, isn't Shield Breaker also balanced?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably just playing against bad sorcs
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how ppl who get hit with Shield breaker the first thing they do is start stacking Shields... gitgud and L2P

That would be because a strong shield-stack is needed to handle all the non-oblivion damage to give you time to try to handle the oblivion damage with your crappy heals..

Not shielding = death. Using shieldbreaker doesn't suddenly mean not-shielding = surviving.

L2P and gitgud with your SB crutch.

I bet you die A LOT from someone using SB #triggered #madcuzbad?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields and Cloak are completely different....

It's like the Streak vs Cloak complaining.

These skills have totally different functionalities and are more or less useful based on the circumstance.