The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

wardens pay to win op class

steliosfenris
steliosfenris
Soul Shriven
1min heal , 1mil dmg in bg and kills by spamming just 1 button .Pls fix it.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unsure.gif
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are one of the weakest ones. More like pay to lose :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    P2W if all you do is spam Cliffracer. Otherwise, especially in pve, they're pretty weak.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are good in PvP but not OP, they can be beaten, some with ease, some with less so. They are also very weak in PvE in terms of DPS.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wardens are definitely the best class in the game. People keep saying they suck.. but that's simply the players playing them that are bad. With even a small amount of theory crafting are can spec out a warden to Excell any class in the game.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think for mag warden all it needs is for heal ult to go up to at least 100 ult cost and they need to make swarm a dot
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they are so good why do so few people play them? I have struggled a bit to do the "kill enemy wardens" on my AD and DC characters, but when I got to my EP one I had it in my journal for 3 straight days, during the PvP event when the servers were chocked full. I ended up killing the same guy 5-6 times to finish it. So I saw a pattern: very few wardens, and the vast majority of those EP. Saw the same thing over 3 campaigns. Is it like that on all servers or just on EU-PC?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There arent op.. for example a lot of guys say, that cliffracer is super *** op. That skill itself is really bad. Together with others you can bring some skills at same time to the target. The combination of these is maybe stronger then some other combinations, but wardens arent strong in total. They have good survivalbility, thats all. So a lot of experienced players created a warden and play them very successful :)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    for example a lot of guys say, that cliffracer is super *** op. That skill itself is really bad.
    Not so much op, instead I'd say annoying af
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens are very good in BGS, a Warden team is aids. There's plenty of Warden's but how many play them doesn't always equate to how good something is. When I originally played magplar people told me they were unplayable albeit that wasn't the case, its funny because now everyone says they're better (mostly the ones that didn't play them ) but I'll take back the old magplar with the knockback.

Same thing will happen with Wardens once people catch on, unfortunately this community has a tendency of catching on late or only listening to renowned people.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens can be ridiculously OP, but it's a hard class to play, and most of their OPness works best when in small group settings.

A Stam warden has the highest burst of any Stam class, and a mag warden has the highest burst of any mag class (thank god they don't have an execute).

Combine that with easy sustain and the ability to keep tree ult up permanently, and you have an extremely overpowered class. I don't know who decided to give wardens so many stackable, delayed timer attacks, but to also throw on the heals and some minor protection (cause screw everyone else right?) is just absurd.

Beetles and tree ult needs a nerf badly. The beetles timer shouldn't allow a stack combo with birds and dawnbreaker simultaneously.

And 75 ult for trees? Really?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden like every other build have areas where class shines. It's definietly not p2w but yes in PvP it's strong class.
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Wardens can be ridiculously OP, but it's a hard class to play, and most of their OPness works best when in small group settings.

A Stam warden has the highest burst of any Stam class, and a mag warden has the highest burst of any mag class (thank god they don't have an execute).

Combine that with easy sustain and the ability to keep tree ult up permanently, and you have an extremely overpowered class. I don't know who decided to give wardens so many stackable, delayed timer attacks, but to also throw on the heals and some minor protection (cause screw everyone else right?) is just absurd.

Beetles and tree ult needs a nerf badly. The beetles timer shouldn't allow a stack combo with birds and dawnbreaker simultaneously.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH highest burst HAHAHAHAHAHA

Fix the rest of the Wardens skills before even touching the tree's. Literally the only skill on par with similar skills of other classes.
    Warden has 3 skills that are on par with the avarage balance. EVERY single other skills is under par or simply useless...
    Why not fully remove NB fear while youre at it if you want to nullify all classes except your own probably?

:dizzy:
    Just saying
    Wardens wouldnt use most of these "annoying" skills (aka, find the one person who doesnt know how to defend against this easy stuff) if we had any other choice. ... at all...
    Edited by Timeraider on September 19, 2017 11:22AM
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timeraider wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHAHAH highest burst HAHAHAHAHAHA

Fix the rest of the Wardens skills before even touching the tree's. Literally the only skill on par with similar skills of other classes.
    Warden has 3 skills that are on par with the avarage balance. EVERY single other skills is under par or simply useless...
    Why not fully remove NB fear while youre at it if you want to nullify all classes except your own probably?

:dizzy:
    Just saying
    Wardens wouldnt use most of these "annoying" skills (aka, find the one person who doesnt know how to defend against this easy stuff) if we had any other choice. ... at all...

He is right, Warden have one of the highest burstcombos in game, when everything hits. But there overalldamage is really low...
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as I don't get nerfed I'm happy. And please keep saying wardens are bad, I'd love a buff
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it me, or do people really dislike Wardens?

[Edit to remove censor bypass.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 27, 2017 10:53PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

i really want to, but *sigh*
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 27, 2017 10:53PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Result from a few duels... Def will be using the Bear Ultimate a lot more, also in BGs :p

Anyways, Wardens are strong in PvP, they possess some unique skills and their burst can be very powerful but they are definitely not OP nor are they P2W. And at the same time, they are considered subpar in PvE with them being the 2nd best tank, 2nd best healer and the worst Mag DPS of all the classes.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 27, 2017 10:52PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Result from a few duels... Def will be using the Bear Ultimate a lot more, also in BGs :p

Anyways, Wardens are strong in PvP, they possess some unique skills and their burst can be very powerful but they are definitely not OP nor are they P2W. And at the same time, they are considered subpar in PvE with them being the 2nd best tank, 2nd best healer and the worst Mag DPS of all the classes.

Its the same dislike for templar.. Its a not so easy to kill target. Now most guys screaming about, that they cant oneshot this guys... in reaction to it, ZOS will nerf them to ground step by step...
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 27, 2017 10:51PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Magwarden sustains around <15k on a dummy.. and can only burst around 20k...... stamdk sustains >25k and over 35k burst when done right... (I don't quite have bis on either!)

Warden is definitely not winning for me!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Wardens are definitely the best class in the game. People keep saying they suck.. but that's simply the players playing them that are bad. With even a small amount of theory crafting are can spec out a warden to Excell any class in the game.

Show me your Magicka and Stamina Warden PvE DPS. I'd like to see if you can reach the numbers of any of the other classes. I doubt that in a raid a Stam Warden will pull more than a Stamblade or Stam DK.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

Show me your Magicka and Stamina Warden PvE DPS. I'd like to see if you can reach the numbers of any of the other classes. I doubt that in a raid a Stam Warden will pull more than a Stamblade or Stam DK.

This is the battlegrounds and dueling board. Wardens are extremely OP in both of those categories.

Nobody cares about your DPS parses because targets don't stand still in PvP. Furthermore, if you want PvE balance then they should make the mobs, your opponents, stronger... that's what balance is... it's making sure your opponent is as strong as you... and in PvE you aren't fighting the wardens!
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wardens op, god that's funny, come and join us in pve and we will show you just how garbage that thing is :D
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need a huge damage buff if you ask me. Increase damage of cliff racer and shales by 5 to 10%
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens op, god that's funny, come and join us in pve and we will show you just how garbage that thing is :D
    This is not the PvE boards. We know that wardens are underpowered in PvE. Their damage is too bursty and lacks multiple dots...

• Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1min heal , 1mil dmg in bg and kills by spamming just 1 button .Pls fix it.

I agree, this man is a genius. We havent seen someone this smart since boss hogg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO4gPCpws60

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best damage increase would be there falconskill "bird of prey". Give it double duration or a bigger damage buff for around 20%. Then the damage from warden would be fine B)
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is not the PvE boards. We know that wardens are underpowered in PvE. Their damage is too bursty and lacks multiple dots...

More for balance really, because ZOS, being a bit thick, tends to listen to the more vocal pvp minority more than the frankly annoyingly sleepy pve majority. The silly buggers then go and nerf stuff that helps you lot but then screws the rest us over and to be honest it's getting rather irritating o:)
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    If they are so good why do so few people play them? I have struggled a bit to do the "kill enemy wardens" on my AD and DC characters, but when I got to my EP one I had it in my journal for 3 straight days, during the PvP event when the servers were chocked full. I ended up killing the same guy 5-6 times to finish it. So I saw a pattern: very few wardens, and the vast majority of those EP. Saw the same thing over 3 campaigns. Is it like that on all servers or just on EU-PC?

The kill Enemy warden quest is bugged in PvP. You have to land the killing blow to get credit for the kill. It's been that way since Morrowind Launch. @ZOS_GinaBruno

So there a actually tons of Wardens being played but that is to be expected. It's a new class and is way under-performing DPS wise. The Cliff Racer is only marginally useful in CP PvP. Can't really speak to non-cp though.

Still my MagWard is fun as hell to play despite the low damage. The burst is good but you have to land 3 to 4 skills at one time to make it actually kill anything. It is an extremely useful class in group play. Can put AEO burst where needed. Healing where needed, Has great CC's. Is very mobile. Has great buffs for group....The warden is a Force Multiplier, but you don't see many being able to pull off effective 1vX with the class. It's really lacking in sustained DPS and has no execute.
    Edited by Vizier on September 25, 2017 1:08AM
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could you make me a Video of it? Thanks.

Everyone in PvE will tell you that Warden DPS is too low, even when you are a good player. Other classes do more DPS so they would not take a warden in a good Raid (maybe as a tank or healer, but not as a DD).

In PvP the warden is very strong because you have a lot Healing and Resistance/Defense. The warden does not great damage, but he needs not to. He is just there to kill you if you are a Stamina Player who can nothing but dodgeroll. Then the Bird will kill you. If you are a Magicka Player you can Spam your shield and laugh about warden DPS.

So maybe the warden wins in PvP because he can survive very long.

But as always...depends on players skill.

Oh and before I forget it: #buffwarden plz