Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thoughts on Sword-Singer?

Yubarius
Yubarius
✭✭✭✭
I was thinking about using this set with clever alchemist, and wanted to know what you guys think about it. Is it worth it to run or is there a better set for more damage?
  • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
  • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
  • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
  • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
  • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
  • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
  • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
  • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for ganking
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for.my stam sorc i have 5pc sword singer on 2H bar, 5pc hawk's eye on bow bar, with 2pc molag kena...

as long as i can sustain - seems to hit fairly hard...

seems there's always a "better" set :)

it's pretty cheap in guild stores...might be fun to give it a test...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    for.my stam sorc i have 5pc sword singer on 2H bar, 5pc hawk's eye on bow bar, with 2pc molag kena...

How do you have 2 five piece sets with single weapons loaded and 2 piece Kena at the same time ? Did you mean 1 piece Kena ?
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How do you have 2 five piece sets with single weapons loaded and 2 piece Kena at the same time ? Did you mean 1 piece Kena ?
    You can have 5-5-2 active with two handed weapons. You will just only have one of the two 5 pieces active on one bar, so effectively it will be 5-4-2. Like he said, on 2h bar he has set X and on bow bar he has set Y. This approach leaves place for a monster helmet.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

You can have 5-5-2 active with two handed weapons. You will just only have one of the two 5 pieces active on one bar, so effectively it will be 5-4-2. Like he said, on 2h bar he has set X and on bow bar he has set Y. This approach leaves place for a monster helmet.

I see just 1 , 5 piece activated at a time . Thank you for explaining that .

Edit to ask , wouldn't marksman hit harder then Hawkeye for the bow bar ?
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on September 13, 2017 8:48AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No problem. the 5 piece of marksman is indeed better, although hawks eye has max stamina increase on the 2 and 3 piece bonus. I'm not sure which will do more damage, but this will surely compensate the 3% by a bit. I personally prefer Marksman, for the much needed regen.

• the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    I actually was testing (I use this term loosely as seen below) this last week on my stam sorc. I used 5x sword singer (maul front bar, precise I think... only one I had in bank) 5x alchemist (bow backbar) 2x slimecraw, 2x regen / 1x damage enchants, and dubious drink.

I tested this versus a few of my other setups that all provided similar regen levels. These setups included spriggans/alchemist/slimecraw and spriggans/hulking/sharpened vma maul. Tests were done on combat dummy (I'm on console) and conducted with the objective to determine the setup providing the highest resultant single-hit damage. All tests were done with CP and ~2.5k pen for non-spriggans setups and 1k pen with spriggans.

Ultimately the sword singer/alchemist/slimecraw had the highest damage numbers. After a few runs in BGs, I realized that my previous setup with spriggans/alchemist/slimecraw was more effective due to the lack of access to pen on stam sorc without cp. I'll probably switch to the sword singer/alchemist/slimecraw setup for CP, and stay with spriggans in no-cp.

Disclaimer: I'd suggest picking up a set and running the tests for yourself though. What I provided above is purely anecdotal. My "testing" was hasty and did not isolate the majority of variables that potentially impact damage.
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the_broo11 wrote: »
    I actually was testing (I use this term loosely as seen below) this last week on my stam sorc. I used 5x sword singer (maul front bar, precise I think... only one I had in bank) 5x alchemist (bow backbar) 2x slimecraw, 2x regen / 1x damage enchants, and dubious drink.

I tested this versus a few of my other setups that all provided similar regen levels. These setups included spriggans/alchemist/slimecraw and spriggans/hulking/sharpened vma maul. Tests were done on combat dummy (I'm on console) and conducted with the objective to determine the setup providing the highest resultant single-hit damage. All tests were done with CP and ~2.5k pen for non-spriggans setups and 1k pen with spriggans.

Ultimately the sword singer/alchemist/slimecraw had the highest damage numbers. After a few runs in BGs, I realized that my previous setup with spriggans/alchemist/slimecraw was more effective due to the lack of access to pen on stam sorc without cp. I'll probably switch to the sword singer/alchemist/slimecraw setup for CP, and stay with spriggans in no-cp.

Disclaimer: I'd suggest picking up a set and running the tests for yourself though. What I provided above is purely anecdotal. My "testing" was hasty and did not isolate the majority of variables that potentially impact damage.

if you are going for sword singer, use onslaught as ultimate and you won't need any penetration.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sword-Singer Set
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Adds 400 Weapon Damage to your Two Handed abilities.

howdy @Rohamad_Ali ...i hope life is treating you well sir :)

honestly - just being lazy...at the time i was deciding i was thinking i wouldn't feel like switching armor out between pvp and pve...

which is silly...i actually have a couple of other characters whom normally have pvp sets which need to be switched when i go back and forth...plus, it takes like 30 seconds to do it :#

here are the two sets:
    Hawk's Eye Set
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Reduces the cost and increases the damage of your Bow abilities by 5%.

Marksman's Crest Set
    (2 Items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (3 Items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 Items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 Items) Reduce the Stamina cost of abilities by 5% and increase the damage of your bow abilities against players by 8%.

plus 2,000 stamina versus plus 250 stamina regen...

using molag kena definitely makes sustain an issue...
    Molag Kena Set
    (1 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (2 items) When you deal damage with 2 consecutive Light Attacks you trigger Overkill for 6 seconds, which increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 516 but also increases the cost of your abilities by 20%.

but, i've been able to do okay with using more light/heavy attacks and adding some of the sorcerer classes' abilities - namely mages wrath and crystal blast - to make sure i'm not solely dependent on stamina for damage or shielding/healing - that and constant potions...

now, y'all got me thinking...like every other pvper - i have a full set of markmans's in the bank...i need to put it in that characters inventory and give it a try...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sword-Singer Set
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Adds 400 Weapon Damage to your Two Handed abilities.

howdy @Rohamad_Ali ...i hope life is treating you well sir :)

honestly - just being lazy...at the time i was deciding i was thinking i wouldn't feel like switching armor out between pvp and pve...

which is silly...i actually have a couple of other characters whom normally have pvp sets which need to be switched when i go back and forth...plus, it takes like 30 seconds to do it :#

here are the two sets:
    Hawk's Eye Set
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Reduces the cost and increases the damage of your Bow abilities by 5%.

Marksman's Crest Set
    (2 Items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (3 Items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 Items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 Items) Reduce the Stamina cost of abilities by 5% and increase the damage of your bow abilities against players by 8%.

plus 2,000 stamina versus plus 250 stamina regen...

using molag kena definitely makes sustain an issue...
    Molag Kena Set
    (1 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (2 items) When you deal damage with 2 consecutive Light Attacks you trigger Overkill for 6 seconds, which increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 516 but also increases the cost of your abilities by 20%.

but, i've been able to do okay with using more light/heavy attacks and adding some of the sorcerer classes' abilities - namely mages wrath and crystal blast - to make sure i'm not solely dependent on stamina for damage or shielding/healing - that and constant potions...

now, y'all got me thinking...like every other pvper - i have a full set of markmans's in the bank...i need to put it in that characters inventory and give it a try...

@geonsocal Hello my friend ! I am doing very well thank you and hoping you are as well . :smile: This is a cool build you have and the regen on Marksman may play with the resource hogging of Molag Kena . Hawk eye does have good flat values but I personally would try a physical penetration Monster set like Kra'gh's one piece and keep a 5 piece marksman up all the time for the 5% stamina reduced cost on all stamina abilities and just have sword sing 5 piece on back bar . I believe this would give more resources for dodge/roll escape and rally heals in a tight spot .

But your build may be working best just adding thoughts . I have not played my stam blade in a long time so . You may know better then me ! Luck in battle !
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    @ManDraKE: 2h ult would be stronger as you suggested, but I've never been a fan of the ult when compared versus dbos. I could see it being better for dueling, but a 2h (dizzying) build is generally bad for dueling in the first place
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the_broo11 wrote: »
    @ManDraKE: 2h ult would be stronger as you suggested, but I've never been a fan of the ult when compared versus dbos. I could see it being better for dueling, but a 2h (dizzying) build is generally bad for dueling in the first place

if you are going to use dbos, go for automaton set instead of sword swinger.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SS and CA together is a fairly popular hard hitting BG build. A few streamers were using it for a while. Your sustain will be terrible though.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    SS and CA together is a fairly popular hard hitting BG build. A few streamers were using it for a while. Your sustain will be terrible though.

The trick to that build is killing with the two handed ultimate morph that gives the Ult back if the target dies . It was a one - two shot gank build . Very hard to pull off with a lot of people around . I think they used a cooldown reduction jewelry enchant and the rest dmg enchants . Stacking a lot of penetration was important too . Not positive but I think the nerf to thief and shadow mundus kind of messed up the effectiveness this patch .