The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[PC] Can't reset account password, after filling in correct secret question

Liquidfire
Liquidfire
Soul Shriven
I keep getting the following error "You cannot reset your password at this time."

Tried different browsers, and also in safe mode(no addons)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Are you still getting this error when trying to reset your password? If so, obtain a new password reset link from your account page and try the reset once more. You may also want to temporarily turn off anti-virus, ad/pop-up blockers, and any firewalls that are running.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Liquidfire
    Liquidfire
    Soul Shriven
    Hello thanks for replying

I'm becoming a bit frustrated.

Yesterday I got the error the password could not be sent at this time.

I tried again today, how-ever now it says my secret question is wrong again.

I tried resetting my secret question, but I can't because I need to answer my secret question?

This is just an endless circle I cant get out off, I just want my account back.

I've not played for 2-3 years, long enough to forget something like a Secret question(answer I tried 200 guesses, but I can't figure it out).

I have proof of purchase in my e-mail still, and several times I bought ESO plus

What I don't have how-ever is knowledge how my characters where named(I only know it's an Orc dragonknight).

What steps can I do to regain control of my account? As I'd hate to buy the game 2x just to be able to play.

Sincerely yours,
    Liquidfire
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Liquidfire Please check your inbox as we've sent you a PM to followup on this.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post