The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In-game Time-shift phenomonen

Yarlenzey
Yarlenzey
✭✭✭✭
@felcign
EU server
Windows X

This issue has come and gone over the past few months.

When traveling overland, the gameplay suddenly reverts to a physical game-cell position that was traveled through approximately 1-2 seconds beforehand.
  • Character mechanics and control continue as previous; the only change is the position.
  • in most situations the game 'catches up' and the character returns to most-recently-traversed position.
  • In some situations, the game remains in the previous environment.
The behaviour is so random and surprising that it isn't possible to identify any other issues occurring at the time.
I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yarlenzey wrote: »
    @felcign
    EU server
    Windows X

This issue has come and gone over the past few months.

When traveling overland, the gameplay suddenly reverts to a physical game-cell position that was traveled through approximately 1-2 seconds beforehand.
    • Character mechanics and control continue as previous; the only change is the position.
    • in most situations the game 'catches up' and the character returns to most-recently-traversed position.
    • In some situations, the game remains in the previous environment.
    The behaviour is so random and surprising that it isn't possible to identify any other issues occurring at the time.

This issue still exists.
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've experienced this issue too

EU Server

Windows 10 Pro
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks a lot like a location de-sync between client and server. Client tells the server "I'm here, travelling in this direction at this speed", and the server goes, "Nope, you shouldn't be there right now" and overrides the position. The effects of which are sometimes called "slingshotting" (spotty forward motion) or "rubberbanding" (likewise, only backwards).

A possible reason for this to happen could be packet loss, i.e. TCP/IP packets of the client-server connection over the Internet get lost on the way. A possible solution to this might be getting off of WiFi and connecting the PC to the router via network cable. If packet loss occurs behind the router, it's out of your hand.