The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did you see the new crown bundles in the store? (PS4)

OutLaw_Nynx
OutLaw_Nynx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm unable to easily link both photos so I'll just link them Here.

I'm not really sure how I feel anymore about the crown store. I guess this could make thing easier for people buying large amount of crowns at once. I'm not sure if this is all platforms of if it's just PS4 currently.
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    Also on PC/Mac
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess this is the new thing
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21,000 for $150 :D I guess with Housing being so expensive ZOS wants to give people a larger bundle so they can still buy little extras after purchasing that Manor huh.

If I were ever in the mood to drop a lot of cash on ESO again I'd just wait for the 40% off Sale again. Get that 21k for $90.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow didnt know that... thats really pretty shocking and sad. As if the 5500 packs werent enough to burn the money away.

Didnt find it so bad that whenever someone wanted to get that many crowns, he has to make a decision if he really wants to buy more with every pack hes buying.
    Edited by GaunterODim on August 31, 2017 9:07AM
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    The two new massive packs cost more per unit/crown than the 5500 pack.

Future sales will probably offer an even lower than 29% discount for the 5500 pack, with any better deals reserved for people who are prepared to spend lavishly.

Speaking personally, the cost of those large packs has brought home to me how much money this game must generate. I have a feeling that being confronted with those numbers may prove to be a wake up call to some folk; myself included.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    They arent on PlayStation EU store yet. Tho they seem to do everything a bit late atm lol
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The two new massive packs cost more per unit/crown than the 5500 pack.

Future sales will probably offer an even lower than 29% discount for the 5500 pack, with any better deals reserved for people who are prepared to spend lavishly.

Speaking personally, the cost of those large packs has brought home to me how much money this game must generate. I have a feeling that being confronted with those numbers may prove to be a wake up call to some folk; myself included.

Are there regional differences in pricing? If my math is correct there is a slight cost savings in USD for the new larger packs.

But I suspect the change was more about the convenience of not having to do multiple transactions to get large amounts of crowns than about savings. I found it annoying going through the whole process twice just to buy two packs, but some people were reporting buying a half dozen packs at a time.

I will be curious to see if these people who buy that many feel like they're spending more or spending less now that they don't have that dividing line of initiating as many separate transactions in order to purchase a certain number of crowns.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5500 crown pack is better value. You get more crowns per dollar.

Apparently, ZOS penalizes you for buying in bulk.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

It doesn't look that way to me. I see 21000 crowns for $149.99 ($0.00714/crown) and 5500 crowns for $39.99 ($0.00727/crown). There's not a huge difference but if you bought the 21,000 crowns for the 5500 crown price you'd pay $152.69 or about $2.70. So, they aren't saving you much but that's hardly penalizing you.

I think they should have made the bundles a better value though. The $149.99 should be for 25,000 crowns and the $99.99 should be for 15,000 crowns
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Australian customers should buy through Bethesda site and not Steam
    5500 crowns are 40 dollars - USD40 from Steam; AUD40 from Bethesda. 20% more expensive from Steam.

Moot point anyway. I'm not spending any more money with this company.
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Its not shown up prices for me in Norway yet, but my friend in england showed me what his prices were 110£ for 21000 and 24£ for 5500. Meaning buying 4x5500 you save 16£ and gain a 1000 more crowns.

What i actually smell here is an increase in price for the lower amount of crowns.....
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    reiverx wrote: »

It doesn't look that way to me. I see 21000 crowns for $149.99 ($0.00714/crown) and 5500 crowns for $39.99 ($0.00727/crown). There's not a huge difference but if you bought the 21,000 crowns for the 5500 crown price you'd pay $152.69 or about $2.70. So, they aren't saving you much but that's hardly penalizing you.

I think they should have made the bundles a better value though. The $149.99 should be for 25,000 crowns and the $99.99 should be for 15,000 crowns

Yeah you're right. Too early in the morning.

You get around 2.5 more crowns per dollar on the bulk pack.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by TequilaFire on August 31, 2017 3:06PM
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    UK prices the 5500 crown bundle is best value at 42p per crown. The top tier 21000 criwn bundle costs 52p per crown