Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Factionless, Yes or No?

• Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    after actually reading what the post was, i wish i would have voted yes :(
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

idk wrote: »
    OP suggests a factionless system, however he describes creating a fourth faction to make this happen. In other words it's not factionless he wants but t a faction of betrayers or whatever.

Cyrodiil was designed for 3 factions
    and setup so players who could care less about taking keeps ans such can still participate. As for the OPs suggestion, he really hasn't provided any reason to make it happen outside he isn't interested in taking keeps and wants to kill those in his faction, which of course would probably still be the case if he see in this fourth faction so nothing really gained.

So maybe its a good excuse to change cyro map after 4 years maybe??
    fred4 wrote: »
    amir412 wrote: »
    Im getting a headache just from reading ur comment,
    I just gave an awsome idea, im not getting paid to think of how to solve the problems you were pointing, it's someone's else job i guess.
    What a disappointing attitude. I bet, in your head, you're just awesome whatever half-baked nonsense you come up with.

I didn't throw my comments out there to dissuade. I quite like the idea. I was genuinely curious how you'd see it working. What would make this different and not turn it into merely a fourth faction, as idk says? Now I know there's nothing really behind your "idea".

57+ pepole would disagree with u on this one.
    Anyways i got ur point, i edited the first post and u can bring ur own solutions. (:
    We're on the same side at the bottom line buddy.
    Edited by amir412 on September 14, 2017 6:02AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would really enjoy it B)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Defilted wrote: »
    I still believe that the Battle grounds that were implemented in DAOC would fit the bill for most people looking for smaller scale PVP. These instances still allowed the full use of all things in PVP but was a drastic cut down in the amount of people on each of the 3 alliances.

Some of my best PVP experience were in these battle grounds while playing DAOC. I think that the ESO version is a good start, but I feel they did not go all the way in giving the community exactly what was being asked for at least in these forums.

Also the scale of the map was much smaller.

We had BGs now.

The BGs in DAoC were completely different. They had a keep in the middle with three spawn points Surrounding it. It was a miniature version of the realm war intended for lower levels to get their feet wet.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Factionless shouldn't be another faction of exiles. It should be limited on group size to 8 or under and the only players who you can't kill are the ones in your group. That's your factionless team.
    Everyone else, even other factionless, are free ap.

Make spawns at imperial camps around cyro/delves/add hideouts/empty towns (list of options)

Allow the squad to spawn in at whatever factionless starting area but place them further in un used terrain so they aren't smack on top of keeps. Allow them to capture keeps and scrolls but only 1. It's not their goal to emp or obtain scrolls for any other reason than to be a pain in the ass.

Their icon above the head should be grey or X'd out.
    Have the option to make their group represent a guild and have it be a perm in guilds what players have that option.
    In case some guilds don't want to be seen that way.

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Irylia wrote: »
    Factionless shouldn't be another faction of exiles. It should be limited on group size to 8 or under and the only players who you can't kill are the ones in your group. That's your factionless team.

Make spawns at imperial camps around cyro/delves/add hideouts/empty towns (list of options)

Allow the squad to spawn in at whatever factionless starting area but place them further in un used terrain so they aren't smack on top of keeps. Allow them to capture keeps and scrolls but only 1. It's not their goal to emp or obtain scrolls for any other reason than to be a pain in the ass.

Have the option to make their group represent a guild and have it be a perm in guilds what players have that option.

sounds awsome.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Irylia wrote: »

I like this, for those that want an evil way of playing.

Flipside condition (one queable server like BGs that's basically auto balanced with short term cycles; 1 hour or 2):
    - no faction predetermined by your character creation.
    - Auto group when you que in. Fills up groups similar to Battlfield games. Can select if you want to save group for guild raid night by making it password protected or lock group to yourself. Can also select a pug group if you want.
    - auto balances the population. You'll get placed in either DC or EP or AD. If EP fills up, tough luck you'll get placed in DC or AD.
    - STD deathmatch rules. Get points by capturing points which determine faction winner which depearse rewards.
    - IC map without doors+ NPCs. None of that nasty "if you die but you didn't cap the flag, the neck-beards wins" garbage. Fast+close rezzers for all, just go and defend or attack. I'd like to imagine the world team+ Brian can get this map done and ready for testing in a month (no need to rebuild an entirely new map since it's taking the upper IC map and removing the extra pve garbage.)

This of course assumes we have only 3 servers open; lowbie nCP, CP Vivec and this badass quick-game server.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • klink012
    klink012
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    There should definitely be a quest line for this. Betray your faction and join one of the other's. Something you can only do once per character.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    klink012 wrote: »
    There should definitely be a quest line for this. Betray your faction and join one of the other's. Something you can only do once per character.

Added to the first comment (:
    Assasinate ur King/Queen to prove ur worth to the faction, cant revert that :P

• Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Factionless all the way.

It's time for the era of the sell-swords and the bounty hunters.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't think this would work well with the current design of cyrodiil. Nor do I think it would "Divide the casuals who zerg non-stop, and the skilled small scale players seeking for fights."
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Gotta give this a bump.
    Now the campaign ends today and it would really be nice to have the opportunity to play a campaign this way!
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't think this would work well with the current design of cyrodiil. Nor do I think it would "Divide the casuals who zerg non-stop, and the skilled small scale players seeking for fights."

So just because you the think the current state of the map is not suitable for this, you disqualify this idea?

After 2 years of doing QA in my company, There is one thing i learned,
    NOTHING is impossible in computer coding, you just need the time and the resources.

Edited by amir412 on September 19, 2017 10:38AM