The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Meta fall 2017

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Buff Siege

Made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Yeah buff leftclickers. That´s the pvp spirit of eso.

Edit: Reading further in this topic - do people really not realize that the problem is those destroult ballgroups becoming untouchable because they´re equipping heartland?
    this is simply wrong. heartland is really underwhelming.

I should have put it as hypothetical.

If heartland made you untouchable it would be the destrogroups equipping it and becoming immortal.

I wouldn´t know either way. I don´t think i have an AOE slotted.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Buff Siege

Made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Yeah buff leftclickers. That´s the pvp spirit of eso.

Edit: Reading further in this topic - do people really not realize that the problem is those destroult ballgroups becoming untouchable because they´re equipping heartland?
    this is simply wrong. heartland is really underwhelming.

It is. In fact building to mitigate AoE just leaves your group unable to kill the groups using AoE. I've tried a group setup with Bastion/Bladecloak, and while it's certainly tanky the it's not the counter to a coordinated ballgroup.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The issue with Heartland is that while on paper it might sound like a good idea to reduce incoming aoe damage however the reality is that it isn't the aoe damage that kills you in a group. If you fight coordinated groups the deciding factor is Negate. If you don't get negated you can tank through 5 storms, if you do get negated you might die to 2 storms. If you get hit by 5 storms while your group is negated you will die anyway, with Heartland or without it.
    Most fights can be put into one of these categories:
    1) You drop to 50% health
    2) You drop to -200% health.

In both cases heartland doesn't help you.

That's for GvG kind of fights. For fights against huge amounts of pugs ( 15v60 ), heartland doesn't really help you a lot because most of the time the people who die are getting stuck in the back (or rolled back) and get killed by single target stuff while not receiving a lot of heals. You might take a lot of damage from siges however in most cases you can handle that with a siege shield and constant purge. The times you die to sieges most likely when you don't have enough purge, at which point most likely heartland won't help you either.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, while running in a 15-20 ish person raid on Vivec (CP campaign), I tried the following each for about 30-45 minutes (or until there was a significant GvG fight) over the course of a few days. Note that this is all my *subjective* feeling of how Heartland performed in those circumstances:

Mostly DPS (off healing) MagWarden with 5 light / 1 medium / 1 heavy, with all impen gear (except the reactive shield because RNG sucks donkey sack):
    Necro / Spinner / EarthGore (my normal setup for medium/large groups)
    Necro / Heartland / EarthGore
    Necro / Reactive / EarthGore

Healing MagTemplar with 5 light / 1 medium / 1 heavy, with all impen gear (except the reactive shield because RNG sucks donkey sack):
    Kagrenac / Transmute / EarthGore (my normal setup for medium/large groups)
    Kagrenac / Heartland / EarthGore
    Transmute / Heartland / EarthGore
    Transmute / Reactive / EarthGore
    Kagrenac / Reactive / EarthGore

On the warden, I felt that the Heartland and Reactive sets made almost no difference to survivability while in group. Reactive was a waste of a set bonus in a large group. Heartland made a small (almost unnoticeable) difference when being destro-bombed, though with the group's health not dropping below 50% most of the time there wouldn't have been much difference overall. I agree with @Sanct16 on the 50% or -200% point.

The templar felt pretty much the same as with the Warden, though the Transmute / Heartland combo did feel a lot tankier and let me walk right through an organised (4-5 destros) group's bomb with less damage. I definitely felt the lack of the Warden's shimmering shield.

The short short version - in a medium to large group, Heartland doesn't make much of a difference in how it feels from the healer perspective in a CP campaign. It might be different on non-CP campaigns due to the extra siege damage..
    Edited by Crown on September 1, 2017 5:05PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com