The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[PC] [Mega Thread] ESO Performance tweaks (FPS improvements, stutter-free, Graphics Tweaking)

Ajintse
Ajintse
✭✭✭
Heya,

First of all, this is NOT my own thread. This is made by "XxSyLissxX" on Reddit. The reason I "Share" this, is to let people know how to fix and make ESO run better.

(For users that did not know this before). (And I do not know whether this post was posted here already.)

I have made all these changes and some other tweaks like my other post here (FPS Uncap). The outcome is: AWESOME. I run ESO on 144FPS. Even in crowded places it does not go under 120.
Sometimes around 70-80 but that is due server (too much prosessing - NPC's, 500+ Players in 1 Place, etc, etc.)

Please read this post in it's entirety due to the multiple edits that have been added in order to achieve success with your particular PC.

Well I really took the time to dissect frame rate issues and ever since the patch I have been running at 4k on a 55 inch HDTV and for the first time silky smooth with no more micro stutters on an Nvidia 900 series card compared to 30ish with lots of stuttering. ( unless im in a city, a micro stutter here and there but even then Ive found a solution to this as well.)
I want to resolve your issue without alienating a specific brand of cards, lets start with the 2 or 3 most generalized settings that anyone can attempt which should resolve a majority of your issues. (Or at the very least drastically improve your current performance issues.)

Lets locate your usersettings.ini file for ESO. Typically this is located in documents\elder scrolls online\live. Make sure to make a COPY of this file before proceeding. Go ahead and edit the file with notepad or word pad (I prefer notepad++) and were going to be looking for some specific settings to modify.

The very first one to search for is:
SET HIGH_RESOLUTION_SHADOWS. Yours will probably say 1. CHANGE that to "0". (Now this is not to be confused with actual shadow quality, but whether or not the shadows are hard edged or soft. Believe it or not, it actually looks more realistic with this setting to "0" AND has a huge impact on performance in a positive manner.

Search for SET GPUSmoothingFrames and make sure it is set to "0" as you see above. (And this is more of a Graphical enhancement, a real nice one with minimal loss of performance)

Do this MIP LOAD Texture tweak last after everything is running silky smooth, as it can cause performance decrease on some older pc's or laptops.) Search for SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS . Its probably at 0 or higher. Set it to "-3" Youll be astounded at the detail of the characters and buildings all of a sudden. no more blurry textures.

Go ahead and save your changes. The next thing I've noticed is if your running with nvidia, your better off NOT running sli, Changing your sli options to dedicate your second card as a physx card.

THEN, (And this is crucial.) Make an ESO profile by clicking on the ADD button in manage 3d settings after youve launched the game at least once and have closed it so it appears in the list.
Now choose V-sync and change it to Adaptive. Then turn ON triple buffer. (yes, yes I hear everyone saying you must be "Kah-razzii" but for shyts and giggles, stick with me and make those changes.

Also change multi display power to single display and to prefer maximum performance under power management right below. As for Ati users I have no clue if there is an adaptive setting for your v-sync. Get back to me with what settings you have as At and for now just try those usersettings.ini file changes. Also make sure to play in FULLSCREEN Mode. not windowed mode. and to turn off the in game Vsync. Just force those vsync options through your control panel. As far as load times, IT typically takes a minute or so to load the game initially when logging in. Once your in, give your mouse a few spins to load the textures n stuff, wait a minute and enjoy your improved smoother gaming experience.

I'll come back with part 2 and more tweaks, but try those out and let me know if it helps you guys out. P.s. for testing purposes, disable your addons when loading for the first time after the changes ive mentioned above then re enable them once you see the improvements. (this is to ensure we are eliminating any addon issues like MM or Daedra Twilight auction house stuff that takes about 5 minutes for the game to gather the newest prices every time you log in, ohh and especially mini map and Resource map. those things are HOGS. I have a solution for that as well, but one step at a time. (Takes deep breathe....Exhales.) Okay, ive completed my ADD thought process and have splurged enough text in this reply. Im goin back in to enjoy some sexii smooth 4k 6ofps ESO gaming. I'll create a separate thread if this starts helping peeps.

Edit 1: Ohh yea, and I almost forgot, in the in game settings, change the draw distance from 100 to 75 or 80ish and drop the particles as well quite a bit. Im gonna go in game and get the exact name of what im referring to. Those help tremendously as well with no real noticeable graphic difference but huge performance difference.

EDIT 2: Im really glad to hear lots of positive feedback regarding these optimizations. As for the Turning on Triple buffer and Vsyc to adaptive, this will work for most, but there are a minor few where this doesnt help. At the very least, edit that user.settings.ini file. Then experiment from there.

EDIT 3: those that may have some stuttering issues still (Which is quite rare at this point) Make sure to leave anistropic filtering in your control panel to application controlled and turn off Anti aliasing transparency as well. Actually Im going to create a new thread with pics while Im still groovin in Tech support Mode... =p

Edit 4: once again, make sure to turn off all addons, then enable them one by one in order to properly troubleshoot your system. The big culprit is mini map addon atm, (But it always has been a hog.)

ESO Control Panel settings pg 1:
34q673m.jpg

ESO Control Panel settings pg 2:
15nrln7.jpg

UserSettings.ini Pic with changes:
302c106.jpg

DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) Global Control Panel settings:
29kq25e.jpg

EDIT 5: Also, when making drastic changes such as I've recommended above, I would like to advise everyone to NOT apply them all at once. First, JUST apply the usersettings.ini changes ONLY. Then start the game, if your pc seems to suffer from this it is b/c of only 1 setting that enhances the texture quality, and that is the SET TEXTURE MIP MAP. so just change that back to what it was (Typically "0" instead of "-3" ) Then save and give the game a try again without the Nvidia control panal changes.

The Nvidia control panel changes should be done one by one, saved and then tested each time. I should have clarified that for everyone. And This all revolves around properly using DYNAMIC SUPER RESOLUTION of which I did not get a chance to get into yesterday. My next lunch break is coming up and I'll be sure to go over that step in detail which quite frankly is probably thee most important change to combine with the usersettings.ini Changes. I Promise you, it'll be an even bigger difference in performance and quality. Overall though its very nice to see all of the positive PM's and feedback From this to make your online ESO gaming experience the best it can BE for this Gorgeous game!!

From some rummaging around, I found a nice pic of the usersettings.ini and the changes with a good explanation of what they do. Again, as you can see in this example exactly what the SET MIP_MAP setting does in game. This is the one option I would not turn on if you experience a lower fps issue on your system.

5jwUI7Q.png

EDIT 6: As Requested, here are the Before and AFTER Screenshots once these settings are applied. But actually experiencing the increased performance and silky smooth game play with all this high detail is something quite remarkable. And I will do everything I can for everyone else on PC to enjoy it at this fidelity and performance.

EDIT 7: Stuttering performance fix. Edit usersettings.txt file and search for the following SET items. change the values to "0" SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0" SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"

Update 2. Doing so got rid of the stutter (HELL YEA) and the FPS drops, but for a minor few added in a 60-120secs long loading screens for some. (For me the load times seem shorter actually!) Personally, I can deal with loading screens, I cant deal with in game stuttering. RESOLVED!

EDIT 8: DSR Setup, the final piece of the performance puzzle. As I dont think I could explain it any better than the article that taught me about DSR some time ago, Here is a fantastic complete guide to setting up Dynamic Super Resolution and Cements all of the tweaks I've listed above to run super silky smooth with great detail.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509076

Edit 9: Why are we ONLY using 10% of our CPU power by default in Windows? Windows parked cores and how to unpark them. If there's ONE tweak I'd recommend you do/try.

ALL your games once you unpark your cores) is by downloading this free tool and unparking your CPU then rebooting.

The performance jump is quite remarkable across the board.
http://www.coderbag.com/Uploads/Unpark-CPU-App.zip

Unzip and right click on the file and choose Run as administrator. "Once you have started “Manage Parked CPU Utility,” you have to press “Check status button” to allow program to search registry for the keys and values that are responsible for the “core parking”. "

manage-core-parking-util-1.png

Youll see your results which most likely will come up as parked. IF this is the case, your in for a REAL surprise in performance in ALL your games. PERIOD.
manage-core-parking-util-3.png

Note that for the change to take effect you will have to reboot your machine. Also Utility should run with Administrator privileges in order to be able to access registry. This utility does not require installation. Give me some feedback as to how this works out for you guys. Enjoy some EPIC gaming.

EDIT 10: I noticed I didnt mention a very simple yet important change to increase performance. When your game'S running, Be sure to Alt+Tab out onto your desktop and if your using the regular Game launcher to close the launcher s manually as it stays open if you are not using a seperate third party launcher like ESOLAuncher. MORE importantly though is to raise the priority level of the game.

When back in your desktop hit CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. This will open your task manager. Find the eso.ese that is running, right click and change priority to above normal or High. (I personally use high.) Very nice increase in Fps. This is another tip that can be used with any game your running on your PC as well. Enjoy! - Set priority "high" on the "eso.exe" process

UPDATE TWEAKS FOR ORSINIUM PATCH 11-13-2015
Hello Everyone, I'm back with a few more tweaks for ESO this time regarding performance improvements after the newest Orsinium Release and help with fixing long load screen times.
Have you Dived into the new DLC with intense excitement only to find your system crawling to a halt when loading in the huge mountainous area of Orcish delight we been irresistibly waiting for in anticipation?

Well here are some solutions for you that as always, Really increase performance with nearly Zero image quality loss. First, goto your settings in game then video and locate Shadow quality. Shadow quality is a setting that is so intrinsic and tied directly to not only overall performance of the game engine, but your LOAD SCREENS. Typically this is set to high or ultra. Change this setting to low. This will not reduce the fidelity of graphics, but will inform the game engine to not draw EVERY single shadow in existence for miles.

Just whats in your general visual area. NOTE: After changing this setting, you WILL experience 1 really long load screen since this will force the game to rebuild your Shader cache file. Once it rebuilds and optimizes it. Youll notice not only a much smoother gameplay experience, But shorter load times as well once you start exploring again.
Second, In the same menu there is Water quality.

This can be set to medium instead of high. Again there is no visual loss in quality, just the amount of shader info that needs to be drawn and processed. And finally the Slider bars below that. My view distance is at 100 for Cyrodil or IC but Ill set it to 80ish or 70ish If im looking for that extra framerate and smoothness in cities or just when im on a laptop that doesnt perform as well as my home pc. The other 2 slider bars are all the way to the left at their minimal settings. this really comes into play with Group raids or lots of npc's and creatures come onto the screen at the same time. Stay tuned for more tips and tricks and performance relief only available here on this Mega ESO Tech Thread...

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3jjoql/are_you_having_fps_issues_wih_eso_on_a_pc_well/?st=iqh6tqsw&sh=8a3305fb

TL;DR: Not available.
Edited by Ajintse on August 30, 2017 7:30AM
"The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GSync (Especially 35-55fps range) and 16GB per DIMM (Eliminated everlasting loading screen) help a lot, at least in my case.

I'm using the latest gen Dell AW15 laptop.

Edit: details
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on August 29, 2017 11:55AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    Does any of this actually work? If someone can post a ss of them in rawlkha, wayrest or craglorn at PRIMETIME with 100+ fps I'll do all this in a heartbeat. But I can't help but feel most posts like this come from people who only quest etc. I do not think it is possible to maintain more then even 40fps in most heavy combat situations. If that's the case, well.. what's the point?
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    Does any of this actually work? If someone can post a ss of them in rawlkha, wayrest or craglorn at PRIMETIME with 100+ fps I'll do all this in a heartbeat. But I can't help but feel most posts like this come from people who only quest etc. I do not think it is possible to maintain more then even 40fps in most heavy combat situations. If that's the case, well.. what's the point?

I will post a screenshot for you. :)
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    9xmSSXb.jpg

Minimal FPS around Rawl'Kha 80-100 FPS. Outside "Crowded" places FPS around 120-144.

Picture made with a Potato. Because "Printscreen" or any kind stuff will not print the FPS and stuff.
    Edited by Ajintse on August 29, 2017 4:22PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I bumped into that thread a long while ago.

I can agree with some things, such as the shadow_resolution setting looking better and performing better at "0", but other things, like the mip_level setting will really tank your performance as it forces the game to render the highest resolution textures even if they are really far away from you.

Also, I couldn't find exactly what the OP was running the game on other than a NVIDIA "900" series card. That's a pretty broad range. I mean he could be running it on a GTX 980 Ti, with an Intel high range i7.

Also, keep in mind your monitor. If you have a monitor that can only do 60hz, it makes little sense to have you graphics card spit out 100 FPS. In fact that will just lead to screen tearing unless you turn on v-sync, which could lead to FPS drops, which means turning on triple buffering, which then could lead to input lag. It's better to just limit your FPS to 59hz in the above example which you can do in the user settings with the "set minframetime.2" setting.

Also not sure why anyone would turn on Triple Buffering while you also have Adaptive v-sync on. The whole point of Adaptive v-sync is that if your framerate is higher than your monitor hz rate it turns on v-sync to prevent tearing, and if the opposite is true, it turns it off to prevent the "half rate" phenomenon. The thread just has little nuggets like that that make me wonder if the original poster really understood what they are talking about.

Also the SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0" and SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0" causes some people to crash quite regularly, so be careful.

Most of the other stuff is more like a tutorial on how to use features of your graphics card.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely improved my FPS, but now my sound is kinda messed up. I have a hunch that it has to do with that "parked core" thing.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put "FOR PC" in your title kthnxbai.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    Heya all,

@danno8 It is true what you are telling us. As far as I know, SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0" and SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0" crashed for some people. I have changed that to "4". ESO is way smoother. But for the mip_level, I changed it to -1. Because if I have to set this on -3 I would have a huge FPS drop.

For V-Sync, I use the option "Fast". Because I have a 144Hz Monitor. But in general, ESO is now much more responsive and smooth. I do use ENB Series to improve graphics without any FPS loss.

My specs:
    GPU: GTX 1080 (2.1Ghz)
    CPU: i7700k (5Ghz)
    RAM: 16GB (3000MHz)
    STORAGE: SSD
    INTERNET: 1GBps ethernet port with 300 Download and 20Mb upload.

* Still with all the settings I changed, ESO should not be under (50FPS) *. Which it was before in crowded places. I mean, it is not ONLY the Engine of the game. It is more. Think of, Latency from Client to Server, Server to Client, Server to App, etc. (Synchronization issues between clients and servers).

Another game that is not optimized properly: Black Desert Online. Outside the Cities, 140 FPS, inside 1 single City (40FPS).
    This due NETCODE. Too much players with random high/low latency together.

Think of: Rawl'Kha. No single player. = 144FPS (For me). Yes I tested in PTS. Rawl'Kha with daily basis amount of players = 40-100 FPS (in a large scale). Why? The NETCODE is the main issue here. Not your PC or your Client. Well of course, client optimization is an issue too but not that much.

Example: In Rawl'Kha there are many players hopping around and doing stuff. (I live in the Netherlands). It is not that ZOS made servers for Each country. So if ESO had 1 EU-NL server. The game should run even more better. Because the Latency and interruption caused by player (inbound). As for the (outbound) Server could process this faster. Why? Because NL is not that HUGE and the players do have (almost) the same latency (ping). Could be uneven but still.

EU Server: 10 players from NL, 10 players from Moldova, 5 players from Portugal, 2 from Italy. IN 1 Small Zone. The Server should then process all this netcode related stuff and communicate back again. If those stuff are not even (latency) we do have some kind of (lag). But why the FPS drops? Because of the client - server communication. That means it cannot process that amount of connections in the same time to the Netherlands and to Moldova.

Anyway, please do not forget about Netcode (It has become a catchall term to describe the network mechanics of multiplayer games, specifically the client and server side programming.)

You could do any other changes in the (UserSettings) as you desire. But only, if you know what you are doing of course.

PS: I am not an Advanced Network Engineer, Just a Senior one. So correct me if I am wrong about stuff.
    Edited by Ajintse on August 30, 2017 7:31AM
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    It definitely improved my FPS, but now my sound is kinda messed up. I have a hunch that it has to do with that "parked core" thing.

Hi!

I use Bitsum Park Control (https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol) and never had issues with my sound. I'm running this for few months now. I do have the Pro version. You could try this one!
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    Ajintse wrote: »
    9xmSSXb.jpg

Minimal FPS around Rawl'Kha 80-100 FPS. Outside "Crowded" places FPS around 120-144.

Picture made with a Potato. Because "Printscreen" or any kind stuff will not print the FPS and stuff.

Thanks! Appreciate it. Although I can't really tell if this is at primetime it's good enough for me. Will try these fixes :)
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    Update: tried it, didn't change my fps at all and just introduced stutter that I didn't have before :p thanks though..
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    usual fps edit: for some reason I cant embed an image in this edit
    Edited by LjAnimalchin on August 30, 2017 6:53PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usual fps

Like the OP posted, he is running a GTX 1080 and an i7 7700k overclocked to 5 ghz. This is without a doubt largely responsible for his good frame rates in cities.

That said, most of the changes are harmless and reversible, so trying is no big deal. In fact simply save a copy of your current settings file before you switch stuff up to make reverting one-click away.
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    EB5F206F05FF0AFC4930C95E92509BE699C467B5
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    this is with all defaults by the way.
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    EB5F206F05FF0AFC4930C95E92509BE699C467B5
    Ping 64... how? O.O
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Posting since I can't find a way to bookmark this haha.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have some good amd settings?

Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AWWWesome!!!
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can it improve the fps in trials? Can i get more than 15fps on vhof 4th boss?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    "Zenimax Online Studios, the developer of Elder Scrolls Online, is working on bringing performance improvements to the game." Well, if we can play on DX12. It would be a huge FPS increase. Better optimization and stuff.

Devs:
    "Yes, we are planning on a DX12 upgrade and expect that this will give us a number of graphics performance improvements. We cannot provide an ETA at this time, but it is something we’re working towards."
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, awesome for you for creating this thread.
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely helped improving my FPS in trial raids. Thanks for sharing.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *thumbs up*
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Heya all,

@danno8 It is true what you are telling us. As far as I know, SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0" and SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0" crashed for some people. I have changed that to "4". ESO is way smoother. But for the mip_level, I changed it to -1. Because if I have to set this on -3 I would have a huge FPS drop.

For V-Sync, I use the option "Fast". Because I have a 144Hz Monitor. But in general, ESO is now much more responsive and smooth. I do use ENB Series to improve graphics without any FPS loss.

My specs:

* Still with all the settings I changed, ESO should not be under (50FPS) *. Which it was before in crowded places. I mean, it is not ONLY the Engine of the game. It is more. Think of, Latency from Client to Server, Server to Client, Server to App, etc. (Synchronization issues between clients and servers).

Another game that is not optimized properly: Black Desert Online. Outside the Cities, 140 FPS, inside 1 single City (40FPS).

Think of: Rawl'Kha. No single player. = 144FPS (For me). Yes I tested in PTS. Rawl'Kha with daily basis amount of players = 40-100 FPS (in a large scale). Why? The NETCODE is the main issue here. Not your PC or your Client. Well of course, client optimization is an issue too but not that much.

Example: In Rawl'Kha there are many players hopping around and doing stuff. (I live in the Netherlands). It is not that ZOS made servers for Each country. So if ESO had 1 EU-NL server. The game should run even more better. Because the Latency and interruption caused by player (inbound). As for the (outbound) Server could process this faster. Why? Because NL is not that HUGE and the players do have (almost) the same latency (ping). Could be uneven but still.

EU Server: 10 players from NL, 10 players from Moldova, 5 players from Portugal, 2 from Italy. IN 1 Small Zone. The Server should then process all this netcode related stuff and communicate back again. If those stuff are not even (latency) we do have some kind of (lag). But why the FPS drops? Because of the client - server communication. That means it cannot process that amount of connections in the same time to the Netherlands and to Moldova.

Anyway, please do not forget about Netcode (It has become a catchall term to describe the network mechanics of multiplayer games, specifically the client and server side programming.)

You could do any other changes in the (UserSettings) as you desire. But only, if you know what you are doing of course.

PS: I am not an Advanced Network Engineer, Just a Senior one. So correct me if I am wrong about stuff.

@Ajintse

I am building a setup similar to yours. same core, but with a Asus Rog Strix GTX TI 1080 OCed, and the Ram will be 16GB Tridentz 4200+ MHZ, utilizing 960 Evo m.2 1TB Storage and a Shielded Asus 10G Nic, Fiber Optics 100 U and D. The Mobo is a Maximus Apex IX from Asus. If I apply these same tweaks, do you believe I would have similar, if not better performance? I am also using a SUHD 4k 60 Inch 200HZ T.V from Samsung, but will also switch to using the new 35 Inch Gsync Ultra Curve monitor asus is putting out this holiday for when I do Trials/PVP.

But yea, if I apply these tweaks, do you think ill have the same performance as you or close to it on that PC? Also, what should I set Core and both Threads to? Would I need to utilize Core Parking on the 7700k?
    Edited by Alexandrious on October 23, 2017 3:04PM
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    Heya all,

My specs:

@Ajintse

I am building a setup similar to yours. same core, but with a Asus Rog Strix GTX TI 1080 OCed, and the Ram will be 16GB Tridentz 4200+ MHZ, utilizing 960 Evo m.2 1TB Storage and a Shielded Asus 10G Nic, Fiber Optics 100 U and D. The Mobo is a Maximus Apex IX from Asus. If I apply these same tweaks, do you believe I would have similar, if not better performance? I am also using a SUHD 4k 60 Inch 200HZ T.V from Samsung, but will also switch to using the new 35 Inch Gsync Ultra Curve monitor asus is putting out this holiday for when I do Trials/PVP.

But yea, if I apply these tweaks, do you think ill have the same performance as you or close to it on that PC? Also, what should I set Core and both Threads to? Would I need to utilize Core Parking on the 7700k?

Hey!

Amazing specs :) I must say, those tweaks worked for me but for some others it could be the opposite. I just tweaked few settings I thought I knew what I was doing. At least, I tweaked several things with failures. But the most stable tweaks are the ones I have written above.

RequestedNumWorkerThreads "4"

Those worked the best for me. I could tell the difference.
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Heya all,

My specs:

@Ajintse

Hey!

Amazing specs :) I must say, those tweaks worked for me but for some others it could be the opposite. I just tweaked few settings I thought I knew what I was doing. At least, I tweaked several things with failures. But the most stable tweaks are the ones I have written above.

Those worked the best for me. I could tell the difference.

Alright, ill give it a shot once its built. Was asking since your core is exactly the same as mines. Though you OCed it rather high. I am utilizing a German LC unit for mine from Be Quiet! That has a 360MM. Hoping to achieve that same frequency.
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Ah also @Ajintse what is your FPS in trials?

Also, I guess my only concern is, will a 800W G2 Super Nova Gold Certified PSU be powerful enough for all these components and OCing the processor....hmm -_-
    Edited by Alexandrious on October 23, 2017 4:26PM
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how does this settings apply to today's ESO? Did the multi-core enhancement that came out last year affect how this settings should be handled?

Also there seems to be some unanimity regarding the HIGH_RESOLUTION_SHADOWS setting and the explanation regarding the MIP_LOAD_LEVELS is quite clear, but how does the GPUSmoothingFrames setting function? Does it give performance increase or does it give graphic increase? Should it be used with lower end machines or should it be left to higher-end systems?

Very interesting post regarding optimization, with all the new players that have come to the game since this was posted, I believe this thread needs to get back into attention.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested to see responses in today's landscape of the game as well, following along for updates.