The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Team Orange, Team Purple, Team Green: Real or Imaginary

• BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly there are times when we would expect the two weaker factions to team up against the third. But as one poster has indicated, it is the counter intuitive alliances that makes you wonder. For example the occasions when one of your enemies possess emperor and every single scroll, and yet the other faction for some reason is going all out attacking your back castles rather than going after their own scrolls. I suspect its usually them wanting an easier fight, but it makes you wonder.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4/NA or EU: Imaginary
    spock-logic-gif.gif

i have a slight confession to make - i was was kind of hoping to attract some more folks whom look at the double teaming as a very real thing which occurs frequently just to better understand that perspective...

the idea of 2 alliances continually pounding on one alliance is "interesting"...i've seen it to where the alliance i was playing for was being gated by each alliance wherein they each held one of our back keeps...

that sure felt like being teamed up on - however, it was only for a short period of time - and, the most likely explanation was simply a path of least resistance for the other two alliances...still sucked though :p

conspiracy.gif

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA or EU: Real
    PC/EU Vivec ALWAYS Purple, never seen the other 2 colours
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kr3do wrote: »
    Everyone who votes "Real" on this poll should get banned from the forums.

BAN ME OH MIGHTY GODS
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division What about the video khajiit posted? That very clearly show two distinct groups from two distinct faction timing their movements, and skills, to take on a mere PUG group. They even dance together at the end.

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    They're most decidedly a thing as some players just need all the advantages they can get to beat even the wimpiest of elven sorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdgTM2r_zDA&t=8s

Telel also has other clips. Including one of a piece of bridge bait who has repeatedly claimed that he 'only has AD toons', and 'is in no way on that bridge feeding free points to friends'.

I normally don't watch folks vids (i just play way too much myself), and, 15 minutes is a long time - however - I definitely enjoyed your vid...i enjoy wolfing out in cyro a lot...

a well timed pounce and roar can have a big effect on the tide of a fight...

seemed like you were having a heck of a lot of fun there @Telel ...sounded a little stressful, but, a lot of fun none the less :p

I have a sense that social players, faction loyalists, group/raid leaders are experiencing a slightly different game than myself...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    They're most decidedly a thing as some players just need all the advantages they can get to beat even the wimpiest of elven sorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdgTM2r_zDA&t=8s

Telel also has other clips. Including one of a piece of bridge bait who has repeatedly claimed that he 'only has AD toons', and 'is in no way on that bridge feeding free points to friends'.

I normally don't watch folks vids (i just play way too much myself), and, 15 minutes is a long time - however - I definitely enjoyed your vid...i enjoy wolfing out in cyro a lot...

a well timed pounce and roar can have a big effect on the tide of a fight...

seemed like you were having a heck of a lot of fun there @Telel ...sounded a little stressful, but, a lot of fun none the less :p

I have a sense that social players, faction loyalists, group/raid leaders are experiencing a slightly different game than myself...

This one is not someone who should ever be in charge of things. Let alone telling others what to do. But you know how people are about leading groups instead of shouting in zone....

So, this one does one thing so they can get away with doing the other.

After all, no one wants to follow an elf over a cliff unless he's willing to jump first. And even then Khajiit prefer to take the stairs.

Also this one has found that a bit of volume in your voice helps cut through both in game sounds, and idle chatter. The voice of command if you will.
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA or EU: Imaginary
    @Joy_Division What about the video khajiit posted? That very clearly show two distinct groups from two distinct faction timing their movements, and skills, to take on a mere PUG group. They even dance together at the end.

I never said there weren't instances where players or leads who know each other would not attack each other or just team up on a third faction. If there is a scroll in play, as was in your video, the chance for such shenanigans increases tenfold. Players who are more interested in having fun with their Discord friends than the Alliance scoreboard have done that forever and will continue doing it.

But the idea that this is somehow a massive and controlled "Purple Alliance" in effect is ridicuous. I have played every faction and every zone chat is full or diehard campaign-faction loyalists who insist they are doubled teamed every night.

Do you want to know why EP attacks Alessia or Bloodmayne when Chalman, Dragonclaw are blue? It is because many DC players and guilds camp Chalman and zerg down the uncoordinated EP who arrive in dribs and drabs intending to take it back.
    It is *very* frustrating to keep banging our heads against that and it has been this way for a long time since DC has had a more organized presence than EP. Every keep in the game is easier for EP to take than Chalman. And since AD has the least organized presence, it is easier, more enjoyable, and more AP to just turn south.

Ask any EP player what a ***** it is to take Chalman when DC camps it and they will 1000% say exactly what I am saying here. It sucks going there with an unorganized or medium sized presence. If i get run over by 40 DC at Chalman, I won't even bother going there again unless I see 18+ siege and players who I know are in the best guilds indicate they are at Chalman.

It's not a Purple Alliance, it's the path of least annoyance and most AP
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said there weren't instances where players or leads who know each other would not attack each other or just team up on a third faction. If there is a scroll in play, as was in your video, the chance for such shenanigans increases tenfold. Players who are more interested in having fun with their Discord friends than the Alliance scoreboard have done that forever and will continue doing it.

But the idea that this is somehow a massive and controlled "Purple Alliance" in effect is ridicuous. I have played every faction and every zone chat is full or diehard campaign-faction loyalists who insist they are doubled teamed every night.

Do you want to know why EP attacks Alessia or Bloodmayne when Chalman, Dragonclaw are blue? It is because many DC players and guilds camp Chalman and zerg down the uncoordinated EP who arrive in dribs and drabs intending to take it back.
    It is *very* frustrating to keep banging our heads against that and it has been this way for a long time since DC has had a more organized presence than EP. Every keep in the game is easier for EP to take than Chalman. And since AD has the least organized presence, it is easier, more enjoyable, and more AP to just turn south.

Ask any EP player what a ***** it is to take Chalman when DC camps it and they will 1000% say exactly what I am saying here. It sucks going there with an unorganized or medium sized presence. If i get run over by 40 DC at Chalman, I won't even bother going there again unless I see 18+ siege and players who I know are in the best guilds indicate they are at Chalman.

Okay so we can at least agree that there are some no skill elves who are very elfish. Elfish elves who are so terrible at this game they make the 'what do you mean I have to buy my own siege' types look competent. And it is these elven icons of elvish elfishness who need to resort to the elf like silliness that is Team Purple.

Though khajiit will still call them purple pills.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay so we can at least agree that there are some no skill elves who are very elfish. Elfish elves who are so terrible at this game they make the 'what do you mean I have to buy my own siege' types look competent. And it is these elven icons of elvish elfishness who need to resort to the elf like silliness that is Team Purple.

Though khajiit will still call them purple pills.

Yes. Calling them purple pills is understandable and accurate. Going beyond that scope, however, gives a mistaken impression of why campaigns are won and lost, why EP potatoes to Alessia Front Door, and why most guilds do what they do.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely not imaginary and you have to blind or dumb not to realize it.

The real PvP problem right now is not some skills being unbalanced or OP. No. It is Re-loging

If one person is doing than it is not a problem. When whole PvP guild do this - it is ruining global 3 vs 3 Banner War order and basically makes one faction wining constantly over & over again. And usually - one faction loosing constantly as it has to face 2 vs 1 situation constantly.

It was not a problem some time ago because campaigns used to be alliance locked. Some time ago ZOS changed it - so nothing is stopping people from doing that.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real PvP problem right now is not some skills being unbalanced or OP. No. It is Re-loging

If one person is doing than it is not a problem. When whole PvP guild do this - it is ruining global 3 vs 3 Banner War order and basically makes one faction wining constantly over & over again.

i've heard that it is possible to "pop lock" other factions...is this what you mean?

or, are you describing a situation wherein a guild playing as AD (as an example) fights EP...coordinates to log off and switch over to another faction (DC, for example) - and, then continues fighting EP?
    Edited by geonsocal on August 30, 2017 9:40PM
  • Thrymbauld
    Thrymbauld
    ✭✭✭
    It's not constant, and it's not every single time we're double teamed. I've also seen us(EP) gate AD without owning Chalman, and even seen us doing it while Arrius is under seige. As has been mentioned before, it's the path of least resistance, if we can steamroll four keeps in a half hour or seige Chalman for an hour with questionable chance of success, odds are we'll be looking decidedly purple at that moment.

As "green" matters along the same vein, if we lose Chalman there is a good chance we'll be seeing massive AD at Drake and BRK about that time. No need for an alliance to know we're looking to move away from that stuff and toward the west, as green as it looks I'm sure it's quite imaginary.

On the other hand........

I've seen scrolls literally delivered to DC by AD, as in delivered to Warden keep. You don't do that accidentally.

I once had problems at a resource with two former emperors, one of each alliance.

I've seen holes on both sides of Chalman with a subsequent withdrawal(not defeat) when the other side entered the keep. Communicated or not, it was fairly obvious that neither side was interested in the other so long as they had a red target.

And so on, such forth. So no, I don't think there is a massive green or purple conspiracy, but isolated, non-imaginary instances most assuredly do happen.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

If one person is doing than it is not a problem. When whole PvP guild do this - it is ruining global 3 vs 3 Banner War order and basically makes one faction wining constantly over & over again.

i've heard that it is possible to "pop lock" other factions...is this what you mean?

or, are you describing a situation wherein a guild playing as AD (as an example) fights EP...coordinates to log off and switch over to another faction (DC, for example) - and, then continues fighting EP?
    Both actually:

I know that there is this exploit with population of one alliance is counted towards the other. (I don't know how it works thou. I heard it has to do something with group leader being from one alliance and the rest being from the other or something like that).

As for the second - re-loging fight one faction, re-loging fight one faction (the same as previous) and totally ignore each other. And it gets worse when it is like 50 people doing that...

But what really meant was this (and this happens from time to time and this is the worst scenario):
    There are (at lest 2) "befriended" PvP guilds (from different factions) and most often they launch coordinated attacks towards the 3 faction, even thou the third faction has no scrolls and one castle/keep/fort left.
    It is just too obvious to ignore. Instead of trying to de-throne emp those two always fight 2 vs 1 faction.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At work, can't think - is it time to go home yet?
    While it may not always be the case that two factions are "working" together, I have seen one faction either defending or attacking another faction and the third faction comes in, pretty much wipes just one, without fighting the other, and then steps aside. The reason I don't use "colors" here, is because I've seen it all around.

It may not be an agreement between two entire factions, or an agreement between two groups within two different factions, but, the result ends up the same. One faction (one group in a faction) is defeated by the other two.

If this were only the case in instances of dethroning, or because one has an immense lead over the other two, I could see how those two "underdogs" would "team up". But, unfortunately, this is rarely the case. The idea of a three faction war works well when it is for those reasons and two factions work together out of necessity.. so the winning faction doesn't completely control and dominate the map 24/7.

However, what I think most of us are seeing, and have seen over the years, is what appears to be kicking someone even when they're down. No emp, no scrolls, dead last and still getting hit just as hard.

Again, all factions have had to go through that at some point, so I'm not going to place blame.

Some players choose to give up or go to another faction, due to the poor morale, others choose to stay and fight despite the odds. Sometimes, that faction pulls a victory out every half year to year, but, it never helps to restore a healthy faction, which leads to an unhealthy and non-competitive faction war. This "healthy competition" is what so many players and guild leads have said they wanted (reading back through old forum posts).

Perhaps, the best way to start to achieve this is to do away with old grudges, agreements, and misconceptions that began years ago. One other suggestion, would be to force a player to actually choose a faction at the start of a campaign, for at least that one campaign cycle. Faction loyalties are hard to come by these days and it only seems to dilute an outcome when you can't truly see who would have won if players had remained on the side they initially signed up to fight for. If people flock to a side that's winning, even if they play all factions, that will also create distrust among players.

Sorry for the lengthy response, but if you're reading this far, thanks for taking the time to take my thoughts into consideration.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of saying imaginary - cos it mostly is.

Yeah, at the minute, both DC and EP are focussing mostly on kicking AD - but at the end of the day, AD can only blame themselves for that - after almost 2 years of constantly winning the campaign with their nightcaps, large off-peak groups defending their nightcapped keeps, and huge zergs making it take ages to make any inroads at primetime...

After them taking every single enemy keep, every single morning and pushing right back to the exit of highrock and farming any individual who jumps down with that 15+man group... I honestly seriously detest the whole faction for that - mostly because of the way it just kills PVP as a whole.

Now that EP is very weak there is much less of a Chalman factor, and DC are starting to get used to ignoring it and focusing on those that deserve it - AD.. I guess EP are also able to do the same (when they have any numbers on).

So yeah, AD are currently getting double-teamed - but its not a planned double-team - they just made everyone hate them more than they love Chal. They totally deserve it for the next 2 years (alright - maybe just a couple of weeks)...

It won't be long till the allure of Chal returns..

(btw, I say its mostly imaginary because I've seen so many people over the last year or so complaining about the 'purple alliance', yet when I look at the map, I see the biggest crossed swords are between Chal/Ales)..

Edited by Biro123 on September 1, 2017 2:41PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    If your faction has Emp or another faction's scroll or a lead on the campaign scoreboard, then be prepared for Team <Whatever Color> to be applying massive pressure to your properties.

This guy gets it; if you're on a faction that night caps the above you have your night-tatos to thank for any "double teaming" during primetime.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome post @Delphinia ...

while I disagree with an account faction lock associated with each campaign, I definitely appreciate your sensibity and insight...