The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

QoL: Turn in Writs anywhere.

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    So which turn-in location is closest to a wayshrine, anyone know?

As mentioned, Shadowfen, followed closely by Rawkla (no I did not spell it right), then Deeshan.

However Deeshan is probably the most compact Crafting Area/Writ Board/Turn In layout in the game. Shadowfen and Hollow City are tied for second in this regard.

Mournholds bank is far away though, I prefer Vivec, has everything super close and also has a bank right next to it, turn in is also just right there. But I remember way back before Pledges were I think I hung out in Shadowfen, its a really good spot too.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mournholds bank is far away though, I prefer Vivec, has everything super close and also has a bank right next to it, turn in is also just right there. But I remember way back before Pledges were I think I hung out in Shadowfen, its a really good spot too.

I don't use the bank for writs so I did not factor that in. I have not done writs in Vvardenfell, so good to know.

However I forgot all about Velyn Harbor in Malabal Tor. That might even be more closely packed than all of them, if you want to factor in the bank. WS is not real close, but I tend to park my writ doers so no big thing there.

Edited by Nestor on September 19, 2017 10:25PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I'm not sure about is if Rolis will appear at all turn-ins, or still just in the captial cities. So, depending on how often you do writs, Mournhold might still be the better option.
    Otherwise, as someone mentioned, Rawl'kha would be good. You technically have to ride around the city to get writs, but it's a small city

I don't have the Morrowind chapter, though, so I'm not sure about Vivec City.
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    So which turn-in location is closest to a wayshrine, anyone know?

As mentioned, Shadowfen, followed closely by Rawkla (no I did not spell it right), then Deeshan.

However Deeshan is probably the most compact Crafting Area/Writ Board/Turn In layout in the game. Shadowfen and Hollow City are tied for second in this regard.

Vivec is great! Too bad on Xbox you get a crash basically every singe day when using bank or crafting stations.

I'll probably move all my writ and trader stocking business there from Rawl'kha if they fix that.