The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soloable Public Dungeons

• Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The biggest challenge of soloing public dungeons bosses is actually getting them solo without a dozen other ppl jumping in. ;)
    Edited by Everstorm on August 24, 2017 8:13AM
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can solo all public dungeon except the one in Alikr, that for some stupid reason still requires another person to stand on a tile.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • RizzlyBear
    RizzlyBear
    ✭✭✭
    As a Templar Healer, I still haven't found a Public Dungeon that is not soloable...

Slot damage skills? I am also a templar healer but I use dressing room for a damage build when I don't go to dungeons.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    You can solo all public dungeon except the one in Alikr, that for some stupid reason still requires another person to stand on a tile.
    Managed to trigger it alone, you have to be a bit fast but quite posible.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did all the public dungeons after i hit lvl 50 solo as a stamDK and i consider myself as pretty average in this game. The ones in stonefalls, auridon and glenumbra are fairly easy and can be done earlier.
    The good thing about public dungeons is that you are probably not alone in there, so even if there is some content too hard for you there will be others helping out.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    solo public dungeons are called delves, they have a torch icon on the map
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theosis wrote: »
    solo public dungeons are called delves, they have a torch icon on the map

Public Dungeons are not called Delves.

Delves are Delves, as you say and they have a torch icon.

Public Dungeons - which the OP is enquiring about - have a 'Cave-type' icon.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    All Public Dungeons are soloable, so long as you have sufficient skills available and you have enough experience.

The above comes with a caveat. Unless the mechanics have changed recently, the "Lost City of the Na-Totambu" (Alik'r) needs one other person to activate a platform, in order to initiate the Group Event.

Because people were trolling by jumping random plates ZoS decided to change it. I think from Homestead onward one person is able to activate all the mechanics. My Stamina NB has been there near his grand tour of Tamriel and it worked that way.

Thanks for that information @Asardes . I seem to recall reading somewhere in the Patch Notes (or should I say Natch Potes?) that changes were made due to the 'Trolls'. I could not remember what exactly the remedy was. :)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All Public Dungeons are soloable, so long as you have sufficient skills available and you have enough experience.

The above comes with a caveat. Unless the mechanics have changed recently, the "Lost City of the Na-Totambu" (Alik'r) needs one other person to activate a platform, in order to initiate the Group Event.

Because people were trolling by jumping random plates ZoS decided to change it. I think from Homestead onward one person is able to activate all the mechanics. My Stamina NB has been there near his grand tour of Tamriel and it worked that way.

Thanks for that information @Asardes . I seem to recall reading somewhere in the Patch Notes (or should I say Natch Potes?) that changes were made due to the 'Trolls'. I could not remember what exactly the remedy was. :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3820169/#Comment_3820169
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like dolmens, public dungeons are soloable if you have enough CP on your toon to mitigate incoming damages as well as outgoing damages. Prior Morrowind patch, I recall soloing dolmen and public dungeons comfortably when I was around the mid-to-higher 200s CP bracket. Man, I remember I was so hesitant to go in the Vile Manse, sololy, even when I was around 300 something CP. With post-Morrowind patch, even with max CP, you still feel those punches, strikes, blasts, whatnot, packed with heat from the adds and bosses coming at you. If you have 6 adds or more coming at you, like in many public dungeons, you're toast (sololy) if you don't have sufficient damage mitigation, even if things are scaled down to your level. So, at level 31, with your CP amount, it is hard to say what ones you would be able to solo comfortably. Only way is to test out going into each area's public dungeon. Likewise, I'm testing out which world boss I am able to solo by hitting them in each area map. Certain ones I can and others I definitely cannot, since Morrowind patch.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on August 24, 2017 12:42PM
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭

This. So you can't solo all public dungeons (you at least need help with those plates). It also sometimes bugs even if you have another player to do those pressure plates and you get to fight the boss(es). I tried it at least three times with my stamplar with some other players, but didn't get the achievement or skill point, and I was particularly careful to do enough damage. Still, nothing happened.
    Edited by Bombashaman on August 24, 2017 12:40PM
  • Noggin_the_Nog
    Noggin_the_Nog
    ✭✭✭

This. So you can't solo all public dungeons (you at least need help with those plates). It also sometimes bugs even if you have another player to do those pressure plates and you get to fight the boss(es). I tried it at least three times with my stamplar with some other players, but didn't get the achievement or skill point, and I was particularly careful to do enough damage. Still, nothing happened.

"Lost City of the Na-Totambu" (Alik'r)
    It has changed - there are six pressure plates which need standing on in the following order:
    Scarabs x 2
    Spiders x 2
    Scorpions x 2
    The shield light is bugged but you still get the Achievement and Skill Point.

I tend to farm them all solo for sets and gold, but go late at night when it's quiet and no other players around to 'steal' the mobs and bosses.
    Edited by Noggin_the_Nog on August 24, 2017 7:29PM
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3820169/#Comment_3820169

The Patch Notes you have linked @Asardes make reference to the Craglorn Delve, "Tombs of the Na-Totambu". I was referring to the Public Dungeon, "Lost City of the Na-Totambu", in Alik'r.

Like you, I am doing the Dagerfall quests on my first ever NB (magika). We have completed everything in the first 3 zones and landed in Sentinel yesterday. My Chars do not like to leave any flower unpicked, chest unopened, barrel or sack not pilfered, ore nodes left unmined, wood not felled or books unread, so it will be quite a while before we reach the "Lost City of the Na-Totambu". I wait in anticipation to see whether the Group Event needs one or two players.

I note that @zaria has also been able to trigger both tiles solo, so I presume it is possible. I shall have to try it. The Boss (with adds) that eventually spawns is almost one-shot when it does appear.

Edited for typo

Edited by Tai-Chi on August 24, 2017 7:32PM
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vpy wrote: »
    I would like to know what public dungeons are soloable (if possible) with a Stam Sorc
    My StamSorc is a lvl 31 Khajit (CP 181).

All of them.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Patch Notes you have linked @Asardes make reference to the Craglorn Delve, "Tombs of the Na-Totambu". I was referring to the Public Dungeon, "Lost City of the Na-Totambu", in Alik'r.

Like you, I am doing the Dagerfall quests on my first ever NB (magika). We have completed everything in the first 3 zones and landed in Sentinel yesterday. My Chars do not like to leave any flower unpicked, chest unopened, barrel or sack not pilfered, ore nodes left unmined, wood not felled or books unread, so it will be quite a while before we reach the "Lost City of the Na-Totambu". I wait in anticipation to see whether the Group Event needs one or two players.

I note that @zaria has also been able to trigger both tiles solo, so I presume it is possible. I shall have to try it. The Boss (with adds) that eventually spawns is almost one-shot when it does appear.

Edited for typo
    Yes i googled and found an guild on how to do it, just running around between symbols no sorcerer tricks with pets or streak.
    It might have changed since launch.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    I would like to know what public dungeons are soloable (if possible) with a Stam Sorc

All of them.
    This and afterward start doing group dungeons, hit some of the 1 dungeons at top first, 2 is more technical.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I did link the wrong patch notes but I'm sure of the change. Just test it and you'll see now that the mechanism is activated by just one player.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

I started being able to solo public dungeons on my stam NB shortly after CP 160. Well, I say that but I may have been able to do it well before then. I just didn't start doing them like that till around that level.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farmed a few public dungeons on my PVP Magic Sorc in full impen, as I was to lazy to switch to my PVE char. Was surprised how quick I took out the bosses.

Hell most of the time I would just drop my dustructo ult and its over for the boss without me even have to follow up with Mages Wrath.

PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bosses and mobs in public dungeons are not tougher than overland ones. For example on my sorc if I do my usual rotation Blockade/LL they are already in execute range when I change the bar. Sometimes I melt mobs together with bosses and don't ever notice them until I loot the pile and I see a set item there :)

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.gif