The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soloable Public Dungeons

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭
I would like to know what public dungeons are soloable (if possible) with a Stam Sorc
My StamSorc is a lvl 31 Khajit (CP 181).
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vpy wrote: »
    I would like to know what public dungeons are soloable (if possible) with a Stam Sorc

Assuming you really mean public dungeons: all of them, they were designed that way. Group dungeons (Spindleclutch, etc) are different. Depending on the mechs most of them can be soloed on Normal, but that will take some experience and skill.
    Edited by IwakuraLain42 on August 24, 2017 5:19AM
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    With lvl 30 its hard, you lack skill synergy and equipment.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember with certainty, but I think I've completely cleared every public dungeon alone on a sorc. Though, it's entirely possible I've solo cleared some on other classes, and wasn't alone on the sorc I'm thinking of. Either way, I know I've done full sweeps of every public in the game. Probably cleared every group event solo as well. Though, I'm less certain of that.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The public dungeons that are not a private instance can be done solo. They are significantly easier than when the game launched. Mostly takes good AoE and not standing still while mowing down a group. Cleared a few tonight on a stam character, including the bosses that used to be considered a group challenge boss that grants a skill point. Never had an issue.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group dungeons on stam sorc? Normal ones?
    EP zones, all but FG2, Direfrost keep. Dungeons labeled as 2 are much more difficult than these labeled as 1.
    DC zones, all but Blackheart Haven.
    AD zones, all.

DLC ones - none. If you are not @Vaoh, that is.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enslaved, I'd question COA2... but, you know.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah, the Daedroth...
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All public dungeons can be soloed. They were designed to be completed that way. They might be tricky at level 30, but once you are a high enough level, you can kill the bosses in just a few hits while taking almost no damage from them.

As for group dungeons? All of them can be soloed even on vet (unless they have a specific group mechanic that would prevent solo progress). You need to be a very high level of course.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 24, 2017 6:02AM
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    EP zones, all but FG2, Direfrost keep. Dungeons labeled as 2 are much more difficult than these labeled as 1.
    AD zones, all.

You can bypass the pressure plates in Direfrost Keep.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

if you mean the public dungeons where you can meet other people, those not for 4 people group, but for unlimited number of people at once, those you can solo all, if you are able to kill multiple monsters and some small bosses (weaker than the world bosses), then you can do it. or if you have a group of at least 3 - 4 people, you can easy do them. but solo is easy too. it is good, you can farm good gear there, which is not bound on pickup, but bound on equip, tradable.

if you mean the undaunted dungeons, even the hardest ones like white gold tower or imperial city prison was already soloed by some people, you got to be good to do it.
    Edited by altemriel on August 24, 2017 6:20AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All public dungeons can be soloed. They were designed to be completed that way. They might be tricky at level 30, but once you are a high enough level, you can kill the bosses in just a few hits while taking almost no damage from them.

As for group dungeons? All of them can be soloed even on vet (unless they have a specific group mechanic that would prevent solo progress). You need to be a very high level of course.
    Yes, public dungeons can be soloed at low levels, you need AoE and a crafted set is recommended.
    Group dungeons are harder than public ones even if you are in a group of 4.
    All except the ones who need multiple players because of mechanic has been soloed, however its in another level if difficultly again far harder than most veteran dungeons in group.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    AD zones, all.

Doesn't the boss's beam stunlock in Direfrost? Or is that Vet only?
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Templar Healer, I still haven't found a Public Dungeon that is not soloable...
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    Dolmens are also soloable, have done all Cryodiil solo and others with Mag Sorc
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All if you have the right skills unlocked. Sorc is faceroll mode. It's just a matter of managing your shields, CC, and your DW and Bow AoE.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every public dungeon, any anchor, any normal dungeon (besides the ones where you have mechanics that require two players, like Bloodroot Forge), most veteran dungeons and most world bosses can be soloed. Of course that's a huge variety of difficulty, but the public dungeons are easiest.
    Edited by Feanor on August 24, 2017 6:52AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My suggestion is, you re-roll your build into magicka lightning sorc w/pet (craft and use 5 pcs. Seducer set + 3 pcs. Magnus) just for more aoe damage and survivability to damage shield - your extra stamina helps you roll dodging or blocking, but the magicka will be a key to soloing the public dungeons without a sweat.
    You can even craft a.m. magicka based sets in medium armor with single piece light, so while levelling your medium armor levels with you, and you could still use damage shield.

It seems lightning staff magicka build solves the problems with slow levelling and soloing most pve content at low lvl characters - sorcerers, nightblades, dragonknights, templars, best for all the classes :).
    Edited by Gargath on August 24, 2017 6:57AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »

My suggestion is, you re-roll your build into magicka lightning sorc w/pet (craft and use 5 pcs. Seducer set + 3 pcs. Magnus) just for more aoe damage and survivability to damage shield - your extra stamina helps you roll dodging or blocking, but the magicka will be a key to soloing the public dungeons without a sweat.

It seems lightning staff magicka build solves the problems with slow levelling and soloing most pve content at low lvl characters - sorcerers, nightblades, dragonknights, templars, best for all the classes :).

Bad advice. His Khajiit stam Sorc will do just fine.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have surge by now, all of them
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soloable for the average player: dolmens, delves, public dungeons
    Soloable for a good player: normal group dungeons, some veteran group dungeons, nDSA, world bosses
    Soloable for elite player: almost all veteran dungeons
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Care to explain in details why do you think it's bad advice, have you tested it yourself? I did it 3 times already I know it works well. Levelling magicka sorc is just faster than with stamina as well as survivability on low lvls is also higher with magicka especially in public dungeons such as Coldharbour.
    And recently I was levelling my DK orc dps/tank on stamina in public dungeons with 2H/DW and it was a disaster, when I changed to magicka w/lightning Staff, while having medium armor, levelling was smooth , safe and easy.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Care to explain in details why do you think it's bad advice, have you tested it yourself? I did it 3 times already I know it works well. Levelling magicka sorc is just faster than with stamina as well as survivability on low lvls is also higher with magicka especially in public dungeons such as Coldharbour.
    And recently I was levelling my DK orc dps/tank on stamina in public dungeons with 2H/DW and it was a disaster, when I changed to magicka w/lightning Staff, while having medium armor, levelling was smooth , safe and easy.

As soon as you have crit surge you're golden. It's such a powerful tool. Stam sorc is super strong solo because of it. Dark deal for infinite resource too.

Arrow barrage and Steel tornado will rinse everything in public dungeons.

Know this for a fact as I made one on NA server not long ago. As soon as I had crit surge I was grinding mobs of 10+ with ease. With no CP.
    Edited by Brrrofski on August 24, 2017 7:13AM
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can even craft a.m. magicka based sets in medium armor with single piece light, so while levelling your medium armor levels with you, and you could still use damage shield.

My Stamina Steel Tornado + Volley tiny toon just ate your Magicka Destro Staff spammer and *** him out like Boethiah did to Trinimac.

OP, stay StamSorc. It's fun and that combo is beast for solo especially if you have CP to back it.

Speaking of StamSorcs, there was a guy in Zone chat who saw a Sorc using a Bow. He was so surprised to see this, and you'd have thought he saw a unicorn Bigfoot hybrid with the way he went on and on about this 'rare' thing he just saw. A few of us told him StamSorcs are a thing, but he could not believe it. He claimed to have played for 3 years and never heard of a Sorc using anything but Destro Staff. Cool story, I know
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GrimClaw wrote: »
    With lvl 30 its hard, you lack skill synergy and equipment.

Not really. I have had no issues soloing publics from level 10 on as a fresh new character with no cp and gear crafted by some kind random.

Just ignore word "public" along with "group" part of "group challenge" there, they're basically big solo delves. The only one where you'll need another player is the one in Bangkorai(Razak's Wheel iirc) and that's because you'll need someone to stand on another pad for you to activate the group challenge, not because you can't kill actual monsters solo.

Edit: I can't remember which public it was...Bangkorai or Alik'r?>.< One with lots of Gargoyles and scorpions and stuff. Perhaps the one in Alik'r.
    Edited by Magdalina on August 24, 2017 8:08AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ajm1946 wrote: »
    Dolmens are also soloable, have done all Cryodiil solo and others with Mag Sorc

dolmens are all easily soloable, I love doing them solo
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    AD zones, all.

Doesn't the boss's beam stunlock in Direfrost? Or is that Vet only?

On normal there are no boss fight mechanics that prevent soloing. Not sure about veteran.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    All Public Dungeons are soloable, so long as you have sufficient skills available and you have enough experience.

The above comes with a caveat. Unless the mechanics have changed recently, the "Lost City of the Na-Totambu" (Alik'r) needs one other person to activate a platform, in order to initiate the Group Event.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »

My Stamina Steel Tornado + Volley tiny toon just ate your Magicka Destro Staff spammer and *** him out like Boethiah did to Trinimac.

OP, stay StamSorc. It's fun and that combo is beast for solo especially if you have CP to back it.

Speaking of StamSorcs, there was a guy in Zone chat who saw a Sorc using a Bow. He was so surprised to see this, and you'd have thought he saw a unicorn Bigfoot hybrid with the way he went on and on about this 'rare' thing he just saw. A few of us told him StamSorcs are a thing, but he could not believe it. He claimed to have played for 3 years and never heard of a Sorc using anything but Destro Staff. Cool story, I know

Yeah, StamSorcs are a beast. I remember running a dungeon with guildies a couple weeks ago, where our healer lost their **** over how little damage my sorc tank was taking.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    All Public Dungeons are soloable, so long as you have sufficient skills available and you have enough experience.

The above comes with a caveat. Unless the mechanics have changed recently, the "Lost City of the Na-Totambu" (Alik'r) needs one other person to activate a platform, in order to initiate the Group Event.

Because people were trolling by jumping random plates ZoS decided to change it. I think from Homestead onward one person is able to activate all the mechanics. My Stamina NB has been there near his grand tour of Tamriel and it worked that way.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This one soloed some, was very funny. Got some nice gear that sells for many thousands gold. Killed all what was moving there.
    This one will solo them all, one day.

With staff of fire in her hand
    Maoimii the destroyer of worlds