The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

do ZoS has any plan and idea about adding and support ingame Chinese language?

• roachjoey
    roachjoey
    Soul Shriven
    The game will never to translated into Chinese.

Mostly because, to enter the Chinese market (and that's the only reason they would do it), the game would need to be freely available for sale (officially) in China, and to do that the game would need to go through the Chinese sensors. Do you realise how much work that would take? The game would have to be altered in thousands of ways, and then it would then need to be compatible with the current version - it's too many years worth of work to imagine - and would take so long that the game would be dead by the time they finished it.

The servers they play on would also have to be located in China - an absolute must so that the Chinese Government can turn it off if they so wish - they do not want the ability for people to converse freely (among other things) without control. It'll never ever happen.

Either to Op is an American Chinese - or from HK - where the rules are different (for now) - they may have access to the current servers, but HK isn't a big enough market anyways - and in the future the policy may change there.

I don't want to turn this into a political debate, as that is against the TOS, but unfortunately the main reason that it will never, ever happen, is a political one.

(I'm a Brit and lived in China for 15 years).

I think you may got a misunderstanding on the difference between "Publish the Game in China" and "Offering Chinese(cn/tw) Surport"
    As a Chinese player, I know the Difficulty to publish this game in China Market for ZOS.
    But for Offering the Language surport, they only need to find someone to help them to translate the UI and lorebooks.
    That's more easier.

Think about all EA games, think about all games surported Chinese in Steam,
    Those game are much more easier to play for Chinese players, but they also no need to go through the Chinese sensors.

Yes may the lag will be a problem, but there's many Chinese Guilds still Playing this game with high lag and communicationg barriers.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »

From what I've read, censorship and the promotion of media and entertainment related to Chinese culture has not grown any weaker since then ...

i had a customer who went to china and couldnt even connect to their australian email from there. no pop email, no webmail. as in, the isp in china were blocking an australian isp website. the great firewall of china exists and does weird things.
  • roachjoey
    roachjoey
    Soul Shriven
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Kaliki wrote: »

From what I've read, censorship and the promotion of media and entertainment related to Chinese culture has not grown any weaker since then ...

i had a customer who went to china and couldnt even connect to their australian email from there. no pop email, no webmail. as in, the isp in china were blocking an australian isp website. the great firewall of china exists and does weird things.

There's a funny version called "The Wall is not for stop us, but to protect them" as a joke spread in Chinese Gamers who always play Foreign games through the Wall.
    And they also get a explanation:
    China had 790mlliion(2016) internet users, and most them are easy to be incited by false information,
    so NO ONE/COUNTRY CAN STOP THEM if they let those 790m beasts run outside.
    There's so many tools(VPN/Shadowsocks) for us to visit WWW through the wall, if the China Goverments treats us like a reasonable man.
    Share this for no offense, Im sry if this make you uncomfortable.
  • FusRoGa
    FusRoGa
    ✭✭
    From what I have learnt in the past, anything from the west that wants to go through the censorship of China Communist Party, would result in a huge loads of effort and changes that make the original content largely go very differently . If ZOS want to get into the China market, economically it is fully understandable. but ZOS would be in the best position to set up a local server like Blizzard does, not to mess with the current servers out there.

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    to expand into china ZOS will need to ask how popular the game would likely be with the chinese player base. China (all asia really) is a very differant market. and it's fair to ask "would this be worth it"

Unless you add swords that are 3 times the size of the character and spiky shiny huge hairstyles I don't think it's gonna work in Asian markets.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use the latin alphabet so I do not have the same problems as you do, but I do agree with the fact that TESO should be translated into more languages.

I am not saying they should voice all the quests in all languages, but at least put subtitles and the texts in more languages... I speak Spanish and even though English is not a problem for me, I have many friends from my guilds (5 Spanish guilds) who just do not enjoy PVE as much (even though they are fans of the elder scrolls games) because the game is not translated.

Most of my friends use an add on called Cervanteso which translates the game into Spanish, but still, this is made by fans and we should have an official version.