The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Major Brutality/Sorcery

Avrael
Avrael
✭✭✭✭
So, Nightblade has the Skill Power Extraction (Stam) or Sap Essence (Mag), and it gives you Major Brutality/Sorcery... but only if you hit an enemie! And i really have to ask, WHY is that?
Nightblade is a Class that relays on its buffs, you can buff it before a fight with Leeching Strike, Relentless Focus, but NOT with the most important buff of all, and thats really annoying... in PvE at least, im no PvP player, but i bet it wouldnt be bad there either to be able to buff BEFORE a fight (without having to use a pot!).
The Idea is, to give you Major Bru/Sor after CASTING the Skill, not after hitting an enemie. Sorc has Surge, Dragonknight has Molten Armaments, they can buff themselves before a fight starts, it would be so nice if Nightblade could do that too (and Templar to be honest, maybe adding this buffs to a skill from him would be a good Idea too).

I hope some Dev sees this and maybe thinks this is a good idea, it would be so great imo! D=
"I mustache you a question."
"Well shave it for later."
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that all classes should be able to pre-buff Major Sorc/Brut - of all the buffs in the game, these are by far the most essential. Major Brutality especially is too important and required to be locked into 2h and potions for pre-buff.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Digs through old posts.

August 2015: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/207849/dual-wield-major-brutality-the-big-issue
    May 2016: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/266892/major-brutality-make-it-more-accessible-please

Needless to say, all pleas on this have fallen on deaf ears so far, let's hope you have better luck.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything ever sadly falls on deaf ears... ._. Maybe ill throw together a lot of feedback and ideas that i have in mind and send it to them directly. :x Because i kinda want it to get read by them.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avrael wrote: »
    So, Nightblade has the Skill Power Extraction (Stam) or Sap Essence (Mag), and it gives you Major Brutality/Sorcery... but only if you hit an enemie! And i really have to ask, WHY is that?
    Nightblade is a Class that relays on its buffs, you can buff it before a fight with Leeching Strike, Relentless Focus, but NOT with the most important buff of all, and thats really annoying... in PvE at least, im no PvP player, but i bet it wouldnt be bad there either to be able to buff BEFORE a fight (without having to use a pot!).
    The Idea is, to give you Major Bru/Sor after CASTING the Skill, not after hitting an enemie. Sorc has Surge, Dragonknight has Molten Armaments, they can buff themselves before a fight starts, it would be so nice if Nightblade could do that too (and Templar to be honest, maybe adding this buffs to a skill from him would be a good Idea too).

I hope some Dev sees this and maybe thinks this is a good idea, it would be so great imo! D=

No.

Having Minor berserk and minor savagery as passive is moar than enough. Major sorc/brut are by no way better that minor berserk and havingthe 3 of them is just overkill. Even moar, we do have Major Breach AND Major Fracture that can be casted out of combat and those are much better than major sorc/brut

The best think you can do is to slot entropy or rally/throwing daggers for those buffs.

Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Avrael wrote: »

No.

Having Minor berserk and minor savagery as passive is moar than enough. Major sorc/brut are by no way better that minor berserk and havingthe 3 of them is just overkill. Even moar, we do have Major Breach AND Major Fracture that can be casted out of combat and those are much better than major sorc/brut

The best think you can do is to slot entropy or rally/throwing daggers for those buffs.

I'm using Shrouded Daggers on my stamblade, definitely one of the most under-rated skills in the game.

It used to be a big deal that you couldn't get Major Brutality before your sneak burst without using pots, but these days it doesn't really matter as there's no sneak attack modifier to speak of.

Still, would be nice to have some reason to slot/use Power Extraction as the skill is complete garbage.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you get the buff via potion? Also there are sets like rattlecage which passively give you the buff on the 5 piece; that's an option too. Personally I wish there was a way of having minor sorcery buff (as a magicka nightblade) without having to get the buff from another player; as there seem to be very limited ways of getting it.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can get Sorcery from Rattlecage, and yes, you can get both from potions, but i know that, thats not the reason i made this thread. And its not like NB DONT has the Ability to get it, Sap Essence and the other Morph already GIVES it, but only if you hit an enemie, and THATS the critical point here.
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Having Minor berserk and minor savagery as passive is moar than enough.

So Arguments like this dont count for me, NB already HAS the buff, its just stupid to use with the main Skill thats meant for it. And one big thing is, Sap Essence heals you even when you hit no enemies! No enemies you could heal off! What sense does it make then to only give the buff when you hit something? Thats what i dont understand and think it could get changed for the better.