Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Linking Accounts / Already Have Morrowind

Anarkos
Anarkos
Soul Shriven
Heya all, i've a very specific question which is not included in the FAQ.

I've bought the game and Morrowind via website and been playing since. I want to link my steam account with my ESO account. I know that i have to buy the base game on Steam but am i obligated to buy the Morrowind on Steam or will Steam recognise my purchased Morrowind upgrade?

Thanks for the replies in advance.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For linking an existing ESO account, if your version of The Elder Scrolls Online was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first. This help article goes into detail on the Steam linking process.

As for Morrowind not purchased through Steam, you should be able to activate the Morrowind game code on the Elder Scrolls account site after an ESO account is linked in Steam.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • IvanS
    IvanS
    I have the same issue guys. I have Tamriel Unlimited and have since bought Morrowind for my non-steam account. Now I see Gold Edition being on a large discount on Steam, and thought this would be an ideal time to get all my missing DLC's as well as Steam's additional security features. Can someone please confirm that if I buy Gold Edition on Steam I -can- link it to my non-steam account? (this account). Thanks!