The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to log in after hitting play .

Vritra
Vritra
Soul Shriven
After the current patch - I am unable to get into the game after hitting play ..... I can hit play over and over again and nothing happens .... I cannot get pass this.
I have repaired - re downloaded the client and game and still nothing ..
What's going on?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There may be an anti-virus or firewall program preventing the launcher from opening the game. Please check and make sure you have the correct exceptions setup.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what players should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Mirto
    I have just updated and had to do a repair. I hit the play button and nothing happens. I close the program and re try ( hit the play button) nothing, no action no error no nothing. For s&g I switch to the 32bit client and game starts up.

Yes I am on a 64 bit operating system
    Yes the game has worked for months in/on the 64 bit client.
    Yes my video card drivers are up to date
    Yes I rebooted the computer and retried

Is there an issue I am unaware of?
  • Lady_Ase
    Lady_Ase
    @Lord_Mirto I am in the same situation, except didn`t try the 32-bit client. So upset.
  • Pablocruz
    Pablocruz
    ✭✭
    Same here, not firewall...after re-booting, repairing (2 times). I got the start button to work just to instantly crash with error 11.
    I sent report. Then I turned off 64-bit and ran at 32-bit, and the game loaded and am currently playing 8-21-17 @15:21 pac time. Maybe the Eclipse or Trump?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you've already checked your anti-virus and firewall programs, there could still be other programs running in the background that may be preventing the launcher from opening the game. You can reboot into Selective Startup mode to temporarily disable background services to make sure this is not the case.

Here's how to get into Selective Startup mode:
    1. Click Start and type msconfig in the search box
    2. Right click on the msconfig.exe program and choose "Run as administrator"
    3. On the General Tab at the top, click on the Selective startup radio button
    4. Uncheck "Load startup items"
    5. Click on the Services tab and check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box
    6. Click the "Disable all" button at the bottom
    7. Click Apply, then click OK
    8. Restart your computer.

When your computer boots up again, it will be in Selective Startup.

After running the computer in selective start up, you will now need to put the launcher into Administrative mode.

Here is how to automatically run the launcher as an administrator:
    1. Right-click on the launcher icon.
    2. Click on Properties.
    3. In the Shortcut tab, click on the Advanced button.
    4. Tick the Run as an administrator box, and then click on OK.

This option may be available under the Compatibility tab of some versions of Windows.

Open the Launcher and allow any and all updates to be performed. Once updates are complete, select "Game Options" (under the News category), and "Repair" from the drop-down menu. Allow the repair utility to run. Once completed, try clicking "Play" to launch the game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Pablocruz
    Pablocruz
    ✭✭
    Thx Zos_Bille, Something was working in background , and it's fixed now. Glad to be back in 64-bit. Thanks for the timely help, good advice, and keeping the game flowing smooth for me.