The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you started a templar healer today, would your race be Altmer(high elf) or Breton?

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
So who would you pick of the two and why? :)
Edited by Gulnagel on August 20, 2017 10:53AM

If you started a templar healer today, would your race be Altmer(high elf) or Breton? 73 votes

Altmer (high elf)
39%
NestorOmnisoulSchattenfluegelYakidafiSeptimus_MagnamertustaHanzusRajajshkahumpalicousListerJMCUncleRiotLiofaMickey_OxChelisterLorajetDPShiroTheAngelofDeath99TasearXxBradeyxXSydneyGrey 29 votes
Breton
60%
nexxus_ESODeadlyRecluseLightspeedflashb14_ESOTryxusIruil_ESOJitterbugKoensolfioskalsollMordackKartalinSerpaceCorpierCillion3117Gan XingmeekeyceeDoridori240leepalmer95O_LYKOSAmoureros 44 votes
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Guild: Ancaria
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Argonian

This is the only real answer.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Because they are the best looking race imo.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, SAXHLEEL is the best looking race and still my only choice for a healer B) .
    Edited by Gargath on August 20, 2017 10:34PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian or Ar-Go-home!
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both have good magicka passives, so I'd say it comes down to how much you want passive Breton spell resistance. Personally I'd pick Altmer just to roleplay a priest of the Aedra.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭
    Watches-Your-Health is Argonian. People coming up through Stonefalls and near Mournmoth Keep house could tell you why scale butt is best butt.... or pop on over and find out for yourself. I'm usually chilling there between getting distrac.... er.... on the quest train for the day/night.

4E24qpf.png
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a max level argonian templar healer. (Heals-You-Longtime)
    i deleted her to re-role a breton templar healer (Iachau Ast)
    5 days before they anounced the changes to argonians

to this day i still regret my decision!
    Edited by bebynnag on August 21, 2017 9:34AM
  • Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like a humble request for restoration (oh look, a pun!) might be in order? Not sure what ZOS policy is, but if they have it on backups, don't see why they wouldn't take a service token to hook a leezurd up again.

Then again, I leveled this one in oh, bout three weeks, so I'm pretty sure rolling up another lovely scale tail could turn that frown upside down, too!
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekadzati wrote: »

Sounds like a humble request for restoration (oh look, a pun!) might be in order? Not sure what ZOS policy is, but if they have it on backups, don't see why they wouldn't take a service token to hook a leezurd up again.

Then again, I leveled this one in oh, bout three weeks, so I'm pretty sure rolling up another lovely scale tail could turn that frown upside down, too!

this was about a year ago,
    my replacement was max level by the time the changes to argonians was announced lol
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    My criteria is that my healer be the shortest and cutest healer on the battlefield - so she is a Bosmer. Given the choices in the poll, Breton is short, Almer is tall (Breton wins). Breton is also cute, Almer are statuesque (Breton wins). :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian

I was going to say the same thing, definitely Argonian!
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta pay me if you want me to take anything else but Argonian, especially for tanks and healers.
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer (high elf)
    Max Magicka, max Reg -> Altmer
    Love my Stamsorc
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians op
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer (high elf)
    superior race...duh

* really though it's a top options if you want to tank/dps/heal so leaves your future more versatile.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Out of those choices breton

But argonian overall.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian is the only way to go.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, everyone mentions Argonian. Is Argonian really that superior as a healer?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gulnagel wrote: »

YES!
    argonaians make amazing healers & tanks.
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭

YES!

Is the difference big? Because alot of trial healers are Breton and highelf. Argonian won't get excluded end game?
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton

YES!

Is the difference big? Because alot of trial healers are Breton and highelf. Argonian won't get excluded end game?

Argonians have that increase in healing done, increase in max magicka
    Bretons have that decrease in magicka cost, and increase in regen, and increase in max magicka.

People go breton healer for trials because of the sustain. Their heals might not be as powerful, but they can sustain just a tad bit longer (assuming they both have the same build)
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »

YES!

Bretons have that decrease in magicka cost, and increase in regen, and increase in max magicka.

People go breton healer for trials because of the sustain. Their heals might not be as powerful, but they can sustain just a tad bit longer (assuming they both have the same build)

I rolled a Breton, happy with the choice :)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »

YES!

Bretons do not have regen, just cost reduction.

And Argonians have their potion sustain passive.

Argonians are also favored for their extra HP.

YES!

Never heard of Altmers being considered for end game healing. This list should have been Breton vs Argonians since most healers pick one or the other. And I would say its 50/50 in what people chose. Both are really good and there are pros and cons for both. Neither choice is bad nor vastly superior.
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    I'm probably in the minority, but I think Bretons have better passives for healing than Argonians. Their Spell Resistance passive is almost as strong as Major Ward. Considering that in pve most damage taken by non tanks is spell damage and the lower health pools healers have, this passive greatly out preforms the 9% health Argonian Resistance passive for survivability.
    With the removal of cost reduction in the champion point system the Breton Magicka Mastery passive is very strong. There is no doubt Resoureful is the most overpowered resource management passive in the game(pls nerf), but a good healer will know when to throw in a heavy attack to regen plenty to sustain.
    As for comparing Gift of the Magus to Quick to Mend, there is so much over healing in game that Quick to Mend is often an overkill passive. Gift of the Magus gives 7% more max magicka than Argonians which allows healers to have larger damage shields to increase survivability and increases potential off dps of a healer when everyone is topped off and buffed up.

However, Argonian is without a doubt the best race for tanks.
    Edited by Corpier on August 23, 2017 10:24AM
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need to racechange my healer into a Breton (maybe a lizard). I rolled a Dunmer and it was great before the sustain changes, now I tend to run low on mag. Those spellpower potions aren't easy to keep in supply
  • Honghua
    Honghua
    ✭✭✭
    Breton
    People saying argonian but he is not as good as breton.
    Your heals already heals A *** TON of health, Breath of life heal is just enough strong to save somebody even without that 5% healing passive, this is useless in practice to be honest, and considering max magicka differences between both it becomes even smaller like 50-100 health points difference, dont believe me? Check it yourself.
    Breath of the life if we consider both races has 30k magicka and we add up passives, argonian heals about 100 more, this is *** and useless, breton reduction passive grants you more magicka saved than argonian does more healing to someone, this is funny.
    http://esoitem.uesp.net/viewskills.php
    What actually matters when playing a healer is magicka managament. You cant heal people if you dont have magicka and argonian doesnt have any magicka regen, nothing just a potion buff.
    In high demanding dungeons and trials, the magicka usage is way way more important than 50 more heal on one burst heal ability.
    3% magicka cost reduction is the strongest passive from them all in racial passives for magicka resources managament and that adds up with the additional 2-3k magicka more on breton, you cant deny that.
    Edited by Honghua on August 23, 2017 1:48AM