Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Vampire questions...

Tucker3711
Tucker3711
✭✭✭
How do I level the vampire skill?!? I spent a WHOLE day trying to level up ONCE!!! Any suggestions... BTW she is a lvl 20 Templar.
Thanks!
@Tucker311- PC
Tucker3711
Nord Beth Rose (EP)
Imperial Freya Var (DC)
High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
Hotstuff Queen

Best Answers

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire levels as your character does . You don't have to do anything special .
    Answer ✓
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, the vampire skilll line levels passively with all experience you gain.

Note that as you gain levels, you will recieve greater amounts of experience.
    If you are not already max level vampire by the time you reach lvl 50, you will be max shortly afterwards because you will not only gain greater amounts of experience, but also gain enlightment every day.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Answer ✓
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

If you are not already max level vampire by the time you reach lvl 50, you will be max shortly afterwards because you will not only gain greater amounts of experience, but also gain enlightment every day.

I was wondering about this same topic, so does this mean essentially that the vampire skill line levels quicker at higher character levels due to the increase in general experience? Because my only character that currently had vampirism is a level 5 alt and that bar doesn't move at all right now, I assume as I gain levels with the character the rate the vampirism increases will speed up?

I'm going to say there is a set number of experience points to get to a certain level. Let's pretend it's 10k per level. And let's say from toon level 5 to 6 is only 2k experience, so at that rate, yoy would need to level the toon up to 10, to get Vampire to level 2. But if you were like me, and champion point level was 642, I went from Vampire level 1 to 8 when I got to 644. Literally, I did a random, and 2 dailies with an exp scroll and gained 2 cp, but 8 Vampire levels. Hope that helps.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
    Answer ✓
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

I was wondering about this same topic, so does this mean essentially that the vampire skill line levels quicker at higher character levels due to the increase in general experience? Because my only character that currently had vampirism is a level 5 alt and that bar doesn't move at all right now, I assume as I gain levels with the character the rate the vampirism increases will speed up?
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭

Basically, yes. It will take the same amount of experience to level vamp from 1 to 10 regardless of whether you contracted vampirism and gained the skill line at level 3 or at level 50. How that feels depends on what level your character is while vamp is increasing.

For example, at level 10, it will take 20-30 character levels' worth of experience to accumulate enough experience to max out the vampire skill line. At level 50, however, while still taking the same amount of experience, the process will feel much more negligible - and since you aren't seeing your "level" go up (but instead seeing champion points increase), it just feels as if it is faster.