The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bug on The heart of a telvanni Quest

• jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STILL bugged. Am stuck at a non-openable door.

FIX THIS QUEST NOW!
  • faeriexdecay
    faeriexdecay
    Soul Shriven
    Chiming in to say that this is still an ongoing issue. Ran into the problem where the one door was bugged and wouldn't open. Tried it a second time without my companion summoned, and boom, the quest worked without issue, and I was able to complete it. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but getting rid of my companion temporarily seemed to solve whatever issue there was with the NPCs not appropriately spawning to cause the door to open.
  • VampirellaBat
    VampirellaBat
    ✭✭✭
    Je vois que le beug est toujours la, en 2021!!!
    Je suis bloquée a cette satanée porte.
    C'est vraiment honteux.
  • Purashido
    Purashido
    ✭✭
    Is it serious? How can this quest be still bugged after all this time? I can't go through the door of the second room for whatever reason. I'm usually patient because I know it's not easy to maintain such a game but this sloppiness is just exaggerated now. It's playing with players' patience.
  • deplorable
    deplorable
    ✭✭
    Purashido wrote: »
    Is it serious? How can this quest be still bugged after all this time? I can't go through the door of the second room for whatever reason. I'm usually patient because I know it's not easy to maintain such a game but this sloppiness is just exaggerated now. It's playing with players' patience.

still bugged Jan 2022, 3 years. well done.

and they talk about more content. can't even fix anything they've done.

have abandoned the quest so much, now the mine just bugs out i don't have to kill or knock anyone out, goes straight to "flee the mine" then bugs out itself without me having to do squat. (PS5)

here's a video of it, from start to finish both ways, and how badly it's bugged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3oeD_OAtL8

Edited by deplorable on January 14, 2022 11:35PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @deplorable someone commented above that unsummoning your companion enabled them to complete the quest.

I was going to watch the video to see if you tried that but saw it was 15 minutes long.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chiming in to say that this is still an ongoing issue. Ran into the problem where the one door was bugged and wouldn't open. Tried it a second time without my companion summoned, and boom, the quest worked without issue, and I was able to complete it. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but getting rid of my companion temporarily seemed to solve whatever issue there was with the NPCs not appropriately spawning to cause the door to open.

This worked for me. I cant believe this quest is still bugged. Is it really that hard to fix this one? must be. Been over 5 years.
  • Caupo
    Caupo
    ✭✭✭

Run into this bug today as well, this fix helps.
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin this quest indeed bugs out again when you enter the mine with an active companion. I had not only to unsummon the companion but redo the quest as well, without companion. Do the devs know?
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is now June 2022 and THIS QUEST IS STILL NOT FIXED.

Most recently: After killing the Guard Captain, Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow do not pass through the door to the next room, the one containing the slaves and more guards (and eventually the slavemaster, supposedly). Instead, they stop and stand in front of that door, but cannot be interacted with. If I then go forwards through that door, I kill a number of guards, the slaves escape, but Slavemaster Arenim never appears, nor do Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow. If I then try to go back and find them, they are back outside the entrance of the mine again.
    Edited by jle30303 on June 3, 2022 12:23AM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is very random and transient though. My daughter had this same problem, but when I loaded her character myself, the whole thing worked without a hitch -- even without dropping/retaking the quest. I imagine that makes the bug really hard to catch...
  • Longbow9
    Longbow9
    ✭✭
    Here we are, five years later, and this bug still exists. Really? How is all of this maintenance time being spent?
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No fix yet, but we are investigating. Will let you all know if we need more information - thanks!
    Trying to do this quest again today.
    And it's still bugged after 5 years?!?!
    Really?! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Bethgael
    Bethgael
    ✭✭✭
    1 Jan 2023, and... I have the same bug.

Um.

Okay? C'mon ZOS. Get it together, please.

ETA, after reading the rest of the thread: I chose the kill option. Slave Master didn't appear.
    Edited by Bethgael on December 31, 2022 9:49PM
    Ingame ID: Bethgael PC NA/EU but mostly NA
  • vadren94
    vadren94
    Soul Shriven
    It's 2023 march, almost april and it's still not fixed xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  • KnightOfLibra
    KnightOfLibra
    Soul Shriven
    As of May 2nd, 2023 this quest is 100% bugged. If you are reading this, the most likely cause is in fact that your went in with your companion. Although I cannot confirm that it is not the case. I went through every post before this and did not completely solve my issue. I re did the mission 4 times and it would bug out at the mine.

HOWEVER, I sent an in game report to the support team, got a recomendation to quit the game and let it sit for 15 min for it to soft reset. When I logged back in, the quest was fixed and I could progress and complete it. I did quit while having my companion deactivated. Hope not a lot of people encounter this problem but if you do, hope this helps.

Note: they recommended to wait 15min, I just went to bed and logged in the next day.
  • Precious_Robot
    Thank you for the suggestion to de-summon the bear. I never would have thought to try that. Hard to believe they have still not fixed this. I hated every second of this quest and then encountered this bug when I finally thought I was at the end. I had actually started the quest months ago but hated it so much I left it unfinished and only came back to it because it was the only way to get the Telvanni personality. I'm really not sure it was worth it.
  • LunaticZorr
    LunaticZorr
    Soul Shriven
    Update from me.

Just finished this quest yesterday. Tips in this forum helped.

My steps were:

1. Normal run through quest. Companion and pet with me. Stuck at "escape from mine".
    2. Abandon quest. Restart quest. Same result, but cave was empty when I entered. No enemies or anything. As soon as I entered, I got "escape from mine".
    3. Remove Companion. Abandon quest. Restart quest. Same result. Cave was empty when I entered. No enemies or anything. As soon as I entered, I got "escape from mine".
    4. Remove pet. Abandon quest. Restart quest. Choose "knock out" instead of kill. Don't rush. Wait for Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow to finish dialog and enter cave AFTER them. Knock out first enemies. Defeat captain. Always wait for dialogs to finish, then continue. Got to the "escape from cave" part. Knocked out enemies. Waited for slaves to escape and Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow to go through door. Then went through door. Killed boss, tols Sun-in-Shadow to let Eoki go.
    5. Finished quest.

Hope this helps anyone.
  • totzummrdave_ESO
    totzummrdave_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT YEAR IS IT?
    And this still is not fixed. Not sure why I would think a bug from this company would ever get fixed though... really.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note: This is still not fixed.

Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow still do not pass through the door from the first room in Vassamsi to the second, after killing the guards and the captain. They reach that point, but stand there, saying nothing, doing nothing, being non-interactable, after I kill the guard captain in the first room.

Going through the door ahead of them into the second room, Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow are not there. I can kill a few guards, a number of slaves escape, I get to the door at the end of the second room.

BUT, getting to the door at the end of the second room still results in a dead-end, no ability to go through the door. Nobody is there to talk to. Nothing happens.

Trying to go back to the first room... Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow are no longer there.

Going back outside... they are back outside, and they talk as if I had not yet entered the mine. However, entering the mine achieves nothing but puts me back to the dead-end situation again, with nothing to do but abandon the quest.

I am doing this quest as a Nightblade, with Azandar as companion. This should not be an issue, having a companion should not change anything here, yet it is reported that it seems to... yet the bug existed before companions existed.

FIX! IT! NOW!
    Edited by jle30303 on August 3, 2023 1:48AM
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any word on this yet? I've heard lots of complaints in the zone chat as well. I'm yet to start this quest, but I'd rather wait for you guys to fix it.

No fix yet, but we are investigating. Will let you all know if we need more information - thanks!

Well it still doesn't work Gina, six years later.
  • LucianaLumenor
    LucianaLumenor
    Soul Shriven
    Still broken after 6 years??? Stuck in this quest, unable to escape the mine
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this quest hard to fix? Normally, ZOS fixes all of their game quests in time.
  • phobi
    phobi
    ✭✭
    Comment #79 is the solution
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobi wrote: »
    Comment #79 is the solution

that's not a "solution". A solution would be "it is fixed so you can go in with your pets and companions, and take any of the choices whether to kill or drug the guards, and it works as designed".

This is just a "redo it again under circumstances where it SOMETIMES works, still not always, and if it didn't work this time, drop the quest and do it again another time".
  • Mugombie
    Mugombie
    ✭✭
    Bug still here and about to be 2024
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any word on this yet? I've heard lots of complaints in the zone chat as well. I'm yet to start this quest, but I'd rather wait for you guys to fix it.

This reply was in 2017, and this quest is still bugged. Six years later, and still not fixed.

~Deedle
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This reply was in 2017, and this quest is still bugged. Six years later, and still not fixed.

~Deedle

Weird. I was doing this quest just now, was about to necro and say the same thing. How on earth is this still a bug 7* years later. Although, the solutions here on page 1 worked, I'm just flabbergasted by this.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on March 14, 2024 1:16AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumped into this bug just now. I've done these quests several times, one of which just about a week before the patch and had never found this issue.

After logging out, leaving the area, and restarting the quest several times, it seems the key to it is to not stay at the second door killing the steward and the two guards on the "escape from the mine" section. Just rushed in, got chased by the enemies halfway across the room, and Eoki and Sun in Shadow spawned in the area behind me. It seems they don't show up if I stay at the door fighting the guards, and that's what was holding up the quest.

Did not bring a companion this time around either. Could that factor in in any way? Summoned it only after Eoki and Sun argue, got through the door, killed boss as normal. Everything worked from then on.