@Indigo_Shade it should be fine to abandon the quest. I do not think we will lose the entire quest line, only to the part where we talk to Eoki on the docks (or where Sun-In-Shadow asks us to talk to him, when we begin the actual quest "The heart of a Telvanni"). So I believe we will lose the progress of going to the bar, talking to the drunk people, then going to the "camp", then going to the (actual) camp, and then going into the mine.I am also stuck at the Vassamsi Mine Shaft door. [snip]
I would abandon the quest, but I've never done that before, and have no idea if I will loose the entire Quest Line or just this one single piece of it. Help!
I just got through it. This time I also selected the "kill option". The trick to unlocking the door so you can escape the mine is timing - if you don't get up to the door before Eoki and Sun-In-Shadow arrive and have their fight then the door will never unlock. The first two times I did it today I stayed at the bottom of the room killing the guards while all the NPCs just disappeared on me. This time I got there in time.I finally got through it.
1. I abandoned the quest and re-did the pre=mine tasks.
2. When Eoki gave me options on how to deal with the mine, I selected the "kill" option.
3. Got all the way through the tasks and killed the main boss.
4. Found Eoki and Sun-In-Shadow were magically chained and I could not speak to either of them.
5. Left the mine through the back entrance, and walked around to the front.
6. Saw both Eoki and Sun-In-Shadow outside the entrance. Spoke to each of them, and both had dialogue as if we 3 had all been in the mine.
7. Went back into the mine, everything was still dead. Walked all the way to the last area where I last saw Eoki and Sun-In-Shadow chained, but this time I could speak to Sun-In-Shadow, and was able to progress through the rest of the quest.
Note: If it matters, I chose the "free Eoki" option.
Hey guys, if you're still stuck and are using the knock-out powder on the Guard Captain, try progressing the quest without doing that. That's how it worked for me - heard this helped some other folks too!
How has this been bugged for a month with no word on a fix?