The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need Help With Builds Feeling So Lost

Khaeon
Khaeon
✭✭✭
I have looked for leveling guilds for new players but all of the guides seem to lean towards that you are full level and have all the great gear to go with your build.

Now I am looking for help/advice on a PVE build. I am not that big into PVP at all. I just want to quest, enjoy the surroundings of the game but at the same time have somewhat survivability and DPS. I am two weeks new to the game and still have not really picked a main. Every spec I want to incorporate a Bow/Bow build. I REALLY want to play bow.

I have a lvl 30 stam Sorc. He has been fun but I find it hard without a real heal. I have been using Dark Exchange 2 as my heal.

I have a lvl 20 stam Templar who has also been fun. I find I can do some good damage and the heal is pretty nice. Feels like I have no AOE so when I get rushed by mobs I feel like I am scrambling.

Started a Warden, was really happy with the AOE but single target seems off?

There have to be players out there that use a Bow/Bow build right? How did you start off for leveling? What skills did you go for first and why? Where did you put all of your Attribute points?

The most common builds are either all Stam or all Mag, can I not achieve what I am looking for by spitting Stam and Mag? I no someone is going to say "Not if you want to do end game content" Well what is the end game content? Once I have completed the main stories and DLC stories, what is the main content I will be missing out on?

Thanks in advance. I'm just a noob who is totally lost. I must say, I love this game tho. I have played many, many MMO's and this one is by far the best.
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, I can't be a lot of help, as I've noticed the same problems with most builds being built around a ton of endgame gear that I have neither the time nor the inclination to grind for, but I can offer a *few* pointers that *might* be useful...

sounds like both of your characters are pretty low level - honestly, I'd strongly recommend just picking a few of your favorite powers that synergize well together and just keep playing with them - if you're playing PC, get a skillswap addon - play with your favorite skills, then build a level up build that takes other skills from you basic weapon lines and swap them in when you turn in a quest - it's an easy, fast way to level up skills you that don't work together all that well so that by the time you're close to 50, you've got a library of mostly leveled up skills that you can experiment with

at level 30, making a *build* seems kinda counterproductive, because you're still getting new skills as well as leveling them up - your skill selection is going to be changing dramatically over the next 20 levels, so getting hooked on a build right now seems like it's going to leave little room for growth

also, based just generally on feedback from the forums, it's possible that you've picked 2 of the hardest playstyles to play well - stam sorcs basically lose out on effectiveness with nearly all their class skills (which are nearly entirely magicka based as far as I remember), and a bow/bow build also tends to lose a LOT of utility, at least, from what I've heard

still, the general rule that I've gone by

if you're stamina based, your strongest heal is the pvp assault skill line (vigor, or something like that) - it's a staple of most stam builds

dont' forget your armor skills - unless you can REALLY depend on your super dps, you're going to need at least 1 or two survival buffs - the heavy armor skill works pretty nice, creating a big chunk of phys and spell resist for a decently long time, the med armor skill gives you evasion which is better than nothing, and iirc, light armor skill gives you a shield of some kind.

if you wanna go bow/bow, the skill that bounces you backwards from your target also has a morph that heals you for a decent amount after like 6s or so, which is good for both maintaining distance and supplementing your heals with a stam skill - the rain of arrows is a pretty reliable skill, as is venom arrow - the sniper shot I find has less total utility (basically, a good opener, but then just sorta hangs around taking up space while you're in the thick of it), and I'm 50/50 on the arrow spray

even at your current levels, at least getting a set armor bonus couldn't hurt - lots of people can craft set armors at relatively low levels and will do so for cheap (or free, depending on if you find someone nice and aren't a jerk about asking)

I've never even thought about playing my sorc with a stam base, so can't help much there - I've heard they CAN be powerful, but it sounded like getting serious use out of a stam sorc required some very precise building

sorry, that's about all I've got - I know it's not a lot of help, but if you can take anything away from it, be my guest

"There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is that solo end game is doable with bow/bow ... players are starting to clear vMA with that sort of build.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/351692/flawless-finally-bow-bow

A 100% stamina build would be preferred since most of the bow line skills are stamina-based. And, bow is some of the first skills you'll unlock and use.

Looks like you have the classes figured out ... a Nightblade probably synergizes best with bow. Though you could pick any class really.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go a full bow/bow build you want to spec into stamina and your bow skills scale of wpn dmg and max stamina.

Hybrid builds don't really work.

First thing you want to do with a bow/ bow build is get endless hail, immense aoe dmg and deals quite a bit of single target.

You want to get the warden stamina based heal.

Sub assault is great for more aoe and burst.

Poisons injection is great but its the last skill.

Use either snipe or preferably the warden stamina bird as your main dps.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Khaeon
    Khaeon
    ✭✭✭
    That was the thing about my Stam Warden, I always thought it was too magicka heavy. OMG I never even thought about the ability to turn magicka skills into stam skills. This solved my entire problem with that build. Currently leve 9 and loving it. Thanks a million !!!
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaeon wrote: »
    There have to be players out there that use a Bow/Bow build right?

nope.

Sorry to destroy your hopes and dreams of playing bow/bow, but since this is a multiplayer game you have to play with consideration to other people as well as yourself.

Bow/bow is not an effective setup, and thus you will be hurting the people in your group by using it. You can run bow on backbar
  • Simit
    Simit
    ✭✭
    Www.Deltiasgaming.com

Helped me alot, he got builds for lvling n end game etc.

Just remember to use it as a teaching mechanic to help you understand the game, learn your own strengths an weaknesses aswell as what you enjoy an build your playstyle around that.

Im bow/bow on one of my wardens an enjoy it very much, will i be pulling top dps? Doubt it, but im having fun an it does me for wat i need it for.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the people who run bow/bow- Can I ask you why you run it? Not meant to be insulting at all. I'm just curious to try and understand why people do it. Why isn't one enough? Just curious.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    To the people who run bow/bow- Can I ask you why you run it? Not meant to be insulting at all. I'm just curious to try and understand why people do it. Why isn't one enough? Just curious.

Well it's most likely they want an Archer, and when someone wants to be an Archer they want the full on experience.

Typically slotting the non bow weapon makes you feel more like an assassin, less like an Archer.

When a lot of players play ESO it's semi RP - just wanna have fun and consider there character to be them and RP to themselves as they play.

I get it.

End game content is pretty much trial or PvP.

Once you get good enough and everything leveled high enough, you'll be fine completing 4 man dungeons overland content etc just fine with just about anything
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 19, 2017 5:20AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

Well it's most likely they want an Archer, and when someone wants to be an Archer they want the full on experience.

Typically slotting the non bow weapon makes you feel more like an assassin, less like an Archer.

When a lot of players play ESO it's semi RP - just wanna have fun and consider there character to be them and RP to themselves as they play.

I get it.

End game content is pretty much trial or PvP.

Once you get good enough and everything leveled high enough, you'll be fine completing 4 man dungeons overland content etc just fine with just about anything

I understand that I've wanted to play as an archer as well, but I thought slotting a couple daggers in front might be a good idea but hey, some people just want 2 bows. Of course people should do whatever they want.

My only recommendation is to anyone who is rolling this archer- pls try to use some of the skills instead of only LA. Trust me you want to RP as a decent archer with a wide array of skills, instead of a one-trick 'LA' pony. lol
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pve open world quests bow bow is great. Spec into stamina, weapon damage and penetration.

I personally think stam sorc is the easiest to survive with for a new player.

Crit surge.
    Endless hail
    And acid, spray.

Snipe and poison arrow on any delve boss and follow up with acid spray.

Between fighters guild , mages guild and stealth on wood elf,or khjitt you can crit for 40k+

If you want more info let me know.