The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The best combo for a tank?

Tucker3711
Tucker3711
✭✭✭
I have a nightblade tank already, but I would like to know what options are popular!
Edited by Tucker3711 on August 18, 2017 8:34PM
@Tucker311- PC
Tucker3711
Nord Beth Rose (EP)
Imperial Freya Var (DC)
High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
Hotstuff Queen

The best combo for a tank? 63 votes

Nightblade Tank
11%
Iruil_ESOsollactoshmax_onlyPijngOC_Justice Tucker3711 7 votes
Templar Tank
0%
Sorcerer Tank
0%
DragonKnight Tank
73%
NestorMorbashSorianaDeHeiYakidafiSeptimus_MagnaSavos_SarenLorDrekEdziuPelehumpalicouspaulsimonpsPersonofsecretsApheriusStickman777MerkabehOompuhChelisteredorfeusDuragon_Darko 46 votes
Warden Tank
9%
melloni_aleb16_ESOLynx7386WaffennachtBrrrofskionemoredragonSlack 6 votes
IDK
6%
flintstoneArobainEtchoswoufff 4 votes
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden Tank
    I think technically speaking a Warden can permablock thanks to Bull
    I think only a Warden can achieve 100% DMG mitigation without using an ult
    I think Wardens have an AoE root
    I think Wardens have HoTs

I think Warden - in PvP

I prefer PvP, but if I had voted by PvE, I would've probably picked DK?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    I think DK has all what is needed as tank. But when i really i want a better support for group, i would choose Warden.
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Zimbugga
    Zimbugga
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    Dragonknight of course. You can rise your resistance easily and you can restore your health, magicka and stamina with ultimate (I think it's useful in my opinion). You just must stay alive (and taunt). Sometimes you can help little bit with combat.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    I think technically speaking a Warden can permablock thanks to Bull
    I think only a Warden can achieve 100% DMG mitigation without using an ult
    I think Wardens have an AoE root
    I think Wardens have HoTs

I think Warden - in PvP

I prefer PvP, but if I had voted by PvE, I would've probably picked DK?

Literally impossible to get 100% damage mitigation. 99.9...% perhaps but never 100% :wink:
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    I think it's just plain easier to tank on DK for PvE. Not saying it can't be done on any other class. PvP is a different ballgame all together IMO, but I think DK would be valuable there as well.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden Tank
    I mean, DK is your safe, reliable trial tank.

Warden for 4 man content is amazing though. The amount of healing you give your group is incredible. Tree ult after tree ult. It lacks chains which sucks on every non dk tank. Aside from that, warden is an amazing tank.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I mean, DK is your safe, reliable trial tank.

Warden for 4 man content is amazing though. The amount of healing you give your group is incredible. Tree ult after tree ult. It lacks chains which sucks on every non dk tank. Aside from that, warden is an amazing tank.

If used right Wardens Frozen gate is an adequate substitute for Unrelenting Grip.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    Dk all the way baby!!!!!!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    You can PvE Tank on anything, but a DK has all the cool tools for tanking.

Gear is more important than Class with Tanking. That and lots of Health
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    Dragonknight has great sustain and group utility (chains and shield), it's in my opinion the easiest ans most reliable tank.
    That said other classes can be very potent as well, depending on the situation.

We currently have a DK maintank and Templar offtank for vHOF and it works great. The only problem is the templars lack of self healing, but since we build our tactics around that it's fine and he brings great utility.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade Tank
    I Have yet to see a sorcerer tank... :)
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    Tucker3711 wrote: »

They exist but they are rare, don't have all that much going for them in terms of tanking really. Only good way to gain resources is Dark Deal but you can't block while you use it so tricky to use. However they could potentially make good Frost Tanks if specced right, since they are the only class that can convert stamina into magicka. This type of thing would work really well in PvP too but most sorcs would just go the same old mag sorc shield stacking stuff we see already, far more effective, if not a lot more boring.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade Tank
    Tucker3711 wrote: »

They exist but they are rare, don't have all that much going for them in terms of tanking really. Only good way to gain resources is Dark Deal but you can't block while you use it so tricky to use. However they could potentially make good Frost Tanks if specced right, since they are the only class that can convert stamina into magicka. This type of thing would work really well in PvP too but most sorcs would just go the same old mag sorc shield stacking stuff we see already, far more effective, if not a lot more boring.

@paulsimonps

I'll keep an eye out for that
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    Dk with bloodspawn set. Never have to worry about resources, and the extra resist is nice.
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    DragonKnight Tank
    My DK tank (PvE) is tried and true. Currently running Tava's, Werewolf Hide, and Bloodspawn. Warhorns for days.

I would like to try a Warden tank. They have even more potential for ult gen with access to major heroism. With this exclusive buff, I'd be more inclined to replace Werewolf Hide with a more group oriented set. Ebon Armory and Powerful Assault are strong contenders.
    Edited by Morbash on August 27, 2017 9:51PM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."