Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Fleeing PvP, does this happen?

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering what would happen if you were fishing or otherwise not there to PvP and someone engages you anyway and you just flat out run away. Is it worth it to people to chase a single person down?
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends entirely on the person attacking.

Edit: I take it you're wanting to fish in Cyrodiil and are looking for ways to not get killed? My advice is to just do it. You'll be surprised at how few enemies you meet when you aren't in the well traveled paths between keeps. If you do get attacked and really don't want to fight back just hold block and heal. It still depends on the person, but I think a fair amount of people would leave you to your fishing.

If you are PvEing in the towns, you're more likely to get killed. Especially Bruma.
    Edited by Luigi_Vampa on August 18, 2017 4:09AM
    PC/EU DC
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends, some will try to chase down anyway, some will leave you alone. Common "I come in peace" sign is block jumping(or just doing a /wave, but combat won't exactly let you do that :D ) but some people are just in for the kill. Don't let it bother you though, even if you do die all you lose is the time it's going to take you to ride back. Try to choose an emptier campaign at an off time(do not do Vivec at primetime :D ) too.

I ran into an AD fishing in IC a while ago(was on my EP), me and my friend joined in and did some fishing alongside just for the lulz. Then AD zerg spawned(unrelated to the fisher, from the other side) and we went on to die gloriously fight them.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they attacked I would nuke them. I always keep a hard hitting ult loaded when I go to PvP areas.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Potato phone double post. Delete please.
    Edited by Magdalina on August 21, 2017 9:15PM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would strongly recommend being in a empty campaign or one where your alliance is dominating and go fish somewhere that is a good distance away from the fighting.

Remember you are in a PvP zone and accept the risks of being there, many may not attack you, many will, to them, you will be a walking bag of AP. :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into sneak before you cast; the first cast you will be visible but, if you cast again as the sneak eye is closing, you will be in sneak while you fish. Not the best option and you are slightly visible for a tiny bit but better than nothing.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you run I will chase, it's a problem I have :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    If someone attacks you while your fishing theyre gettin the bag.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, okay, thanks for all the answers. I guess I'll just try the block and heal thing, and be as boring as possible. At zero ranking and with no intent to ever try and kill anyone else, at least I will have the consolation of being worth very little. xD
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, 30+ people will find dropping all of their ults on a single person (me) a more efficient way to spend their time rather then let the poor guy go and find a even fight.
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on August 19, 2017 5:13AM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, 30+ people will find dropping all of their ults on a single person (me) a more efficient way to spend their time rather then let the poor guy go and find a even fight.

Then I will definitely take comfort in being worth crappy AP. Wish we had a thumbing-the-nose emote!
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I'm wondering what would happen if you were fishing or otherwise not there to PvP and someone engages you anyway and you just flat out run away. Is it worth it to people to chase a single person down?

Back in the day a lot of people didn't attack low level players, people questing, fishing etc, but there wasn't much you could buy with alliance points.

Now that you can finally use AP to buy monster helms and other useful stuff, most players will attack you anyways in order to get AP.
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    If they attacked I would nuke them. I always keep a hard hitting ult loaded when I go to PvP areas.

nice one Donald,back to the golf course quick before the staff make you do some work...
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its usually not 1 guy engaging you cause people are usually way to scared to do so. It's 5 and they will chase you 2 the end of the world
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    I run into plenty of solo stragglers in cyrodiil between areas. Some, I leave alone and ride by and they do the same (may be not even noticing me), while most tend to attack. While I can do some surprising initial burst damage, and do decent steady damage after that, I'm not at all built to take a lot of punishment on my main, so I tend to not be able to even fair well in one on one combat in cyrodiil (to be fair I'm usually running into a 630 AD with my 211 EP so outmatched CP + solo + squishy = oops). I've never had anyone relent from an attack regardless what I'm doing.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an avid pvper, yep, I'd attack you. Even more so if you flee, since that means you are scared of me. And since I'm a sorc, I'd blink+boundless storm and it wouldn't be a long chase.

Why? For the ap. Even thought it IS a pvp zone, I still kinda feel It's a *** move to kill you. But. We know fishermen, like delvers, are probably pve folks and thus free AP.

That said, about 70% of cyro has no people ever. If you stay away from hostile keeps and those bars indicating transitis lanes, you're actually unlikely to see friend or foe ever.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, people can attack each other IN delves in Cyrodiil? Or do you mean on the way to them?
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, people can attack each other IN delves in Cyrodiil? Or do you mean on the way to them?

Yep. Fighting spills over into delves too. Be on your guard if you see any areas with dead mobs you didn't kill or suspiciously empty space.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you can be fighting a delve boss and someone can just come up behind you and help the boss kill you and then kill the half-dead boss?
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you can be fighting a delve boss and someone can just come up behind you and help the boss kill you and then kill the half-dead boss?

Yep. Some people consider it dirty fighting, others see it as an effective strategy for engaging another player. (Personally I prefer to stand back and watch while using a chair emote to show I'm not hostile. Trying to help runs the risk of attacking them by mistake or making them think I want a fight. Healing or buffing them as a gesture of good will is kind of impossible.)
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    >___<
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I feel that too sometimes, and I love the thrill of PvP myself. I just prefer to keep it to battles over forts.

Sometimes people are happy to be peaceful, sometimes you get unlucky. But I will tell you that I've been taking low-level characters into Cyrodiil for delves and skyshards for a couple of years now and most of the time you don't see anyone. People are mostly too busy doing PvP in areas that are more rewarding AP-wise. And if you get unlucky at one point, you can always sneak in again later. You'll clear all those delves eventually.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been to Cyro for sieging and met enemy players going from keep to keep. Most of the time, we just ignore each other cause we're not there for dueling, we have our objectives. We're there to either siege or defend our keeps. That doesn't mean your 100% safe from being attacked the moment you cast your fishing rod. Some people go there just because their bored and goofing around, don't really have an objective. Of course, if you happen to be unlucky enough to be in the path of a sieging zergball, needless to say you are a goner who is just in the wrong place at the wrong time. They will roll over top of you without hesitation, lol!
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Some people consider it dirty fighting, others see it as an effective strategy for engaging another player. (Personally I prefer to stand back and watch while using a chair emote to show I'm not hostile. Trying to help runs the risk of attacking them by mistake or making them think I want a fight. Healing or buffing them as a gesture of good will is kind of impossible.)
    Good news is that its unlikely, use an empty campaign, be a bit careful and your safe, the only thing who is a bit dangerous is the town quests as they are quest hubs.
    Either go in off hours or bring some friends, all wearing costumes so enemy can not see armor type.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been to Cyro for sieging and met enemy players going from keep to keep. Most of the time, we just ignore each other cause we're not there for dueling, we have our objectives. We're there to either siege or defend our keeps. That doesn't mean your 100% safe from being attacked the moment you cast your fishing rod. Some people go there just because their bored and goofing around, don't really have an objective. Of course, if you happen to be unlucky enough to be in the path of a sieging zergball, needless to say you are a goner who is just in the wrong place at the wrong time. They will roll over top of you without hesitation, lol!
    I was ridden over by an zerg group once. I and some friends was taking resourced and picking randoms on the roads to sieges, I was some hundreds meter from them, in an tiny group having one outrider is nice for res, suddenly +20 enemies was galloping over me, none stopped, they did not want to break formation and they was on top of me before seeing Khajiit.
    Remember creaming out, we was on voice.
    And yes the zerg was right, that would been an good way to break up the ball,.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People'll give chase for anything really. Some people specifically want people to chase them so can single them out, these chased usually being stamblades or magsorcs.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running will get you killed for sure. It's better to fight back. Turtle to survive initial blast. If you're still alive unload everything you have and try to heal yourself too. You'll probably die, but at least you tried and if you're lucky you will have killed the wannabeganker.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I feel that too sometimes, and I love the thrill of PvP myself. I just prefer to keep it to battles over forts.

Sometimes people are happy to be peaceful, sometimes you get unlucky. But I will tell you that I've been taking low-level characters into Cyrodiil for delves and skyshards for a couple of years now and most of the time you don't see anyone. People are mostly too busy doing PvP in areas that are more rewarding AP-wise. And if you get unlucky at one point, you can always sneak in again later. You'll clear all those delves eventually.

The problem being that in a delve the NPC enemies are RED just like the real player from another alliance. When in Cryrodil you have to be primed for battle or ready to run and hide.

NEVER a good idea to try a delve in the territory not held by your alliance....the will likely be someone in there besides NPC enemies....and so guess what?
    I know nutting....