Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Grouping 101

Kahina
Kahina
✭✭✭
Grouping 101.

Can someone link me an up-to-date and accurate primer to grouping in ESO as it currently stands pls? From both the invite and acceptance views pls. For both person-in-front-of -me and via chat.

Cheers.

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have two ways to form a group, Manually or Group Finder

Manually you have more control over who is in the group, and if you know the people already, a better experience. You from these groups from your Friends list, Guild or Zone. LFG XYZ Dungeon is a typical format. Does not matter if the person is in front of you or across the zone or in another zone, communicate what you want to do and where and ascertain if they want to do the same.

Using the Group Finder, the game will pair you with a random selection of people from the accepted Group Roles of 2 DPS, 1 Tank and 1 Healer. Hopefully the last two are real. You can select a certain dungeon or you can let the game select one for you.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kahina wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

Manually you have more control over who is in the group, and if you know the people already, a better experience. You from these groups from your Friends list, Guild or Zone. LFG XYZ Dungeon is a typical format. Does not matter if the person is in front of you or across the zone or in another zone, communicate what you want to do and where and ascertain if they want to do the same.

Using the Group Finder, the game will pair you with a random selection of people from the accepted Group Roles of 2 DPS, 1 Tank and 1 Healer. Hopefully the last two are real. You can select a certain dungeon or you can let the game select one for you.

Thank you for the reply, but we are not quit there. If someone invites me, what prompt will I see? If I miss a prompt, how do I find it again? How long do invites last before they expire?.

I'm pretty sure I missed one the other day. That was the reason for this thread.

You will get a white text popup across your screen. If you miss it, you'll see the little alert above your chatbox (same spot as shared quests, guild MOTD changes, etc.) and you can click on it to expand the request. This is assuming PC, I know nothing about console UI.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply, but we are not quit there. If someone invites me, what prompt will I see? If I miss a prompt, how do I find it again? How long do invites last before they expire?.

I'm pretty sure I missed one the other day. That was the reason for this thread.

If it is a manual invite you almost always get an on screen prompt. You also get a Notification, which you always get. Manual Invites last until you accept or decline them.

If it is Group Finder there are some on screen prompts, like Forming Group etc that you will see. But it is lead with an prompt to accept the group role you signed up for. You have about 45 seconds for to accept. Then you get another prompt about actually joining the group at the dungeon, if you accept, the game will send you there after a brief pause. Also, when the activity is over, you are sent back to where you were in the game.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You will get a prompt across your screen which you can accept or decline.
    If you decline, the invitation is lost.

However, often you will 'lose' the invitation from your screen if you do some other action after receiving the invite.
    This only removes the notification from your screen, but you may stll access it by opening Notifications (N is default on PC), where you can read and accept or decline with a mouse click.

Such invitations generally last about a minute before they are auto declined.
    Some last (almost) indefinitely, I think manual invitations don't expire.
    Group finder, Battlegrounds, Cyro and other queues always have an expiration.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<