The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

5,219 Damage Health procs?

wheem_ESO
wheem_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
There's one particular player on PC NA that I've seen landing Damage Health weapon procs for 5,219 damage. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the procs shouldn't be hitting that hard even with Torug's Pact and an Infused weapon. On several different occasions, the 5,219 damage has shown up twice on the same death recap, leading me to believe that it's not a case of the log "doubling up" attacks and counting several things as though they were a single hit.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you including the fact that Damage Health enchant procs can critically hit?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have 52199 health? Aka knight slayer?
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Gonna need a source on this claim, because I seriously doubt Oblivion damage can actually crit. Even with the multiplier to Critical damage and possible Nightblade/Templar passives, you'd have to hit at least a 3400 tooltip on an Oblivion damage enchant to even get that high a number.
    Koolio wrote: »
    Nope, I can confirm that this is not Knight Slayer, my magsorc with 20k hp got hit for that same exact amount last night during a BG against a DC stamblade. Recap said Damage Health, not Shield Breaker or Knight Slayer.

@wheem_ESO just to confirm, was it a DC stamblade somewhere around 300-400 CP?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    casparian wrote: »
    Gonna need a source on this claim, because I seriously doubt Oblivion damage can actually crit. Even with the multiplier to Critical damage and possible Nightblade/Templar passives, you'd have to hit at least a 3400 tooltip on an Oblivion damage enchant to even get that high a number.
    Koolio wrote: »
    Nope, I can confirm that this is not Knight Slayer, my magsorc with 20k hp got hit for that same exact amount last night during a BG against a DC stamblade. Recap said Damage Health, not Shield Breaker or Knight Slayer.

@wheem_ESO just to confirm, was it a DC stamblade somewhere around 300-400 CP?

You're right, I got lazy and forgot that Oblivion enchants aren't like other enchants (which can crit).
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the prismatic damage glyph display it's damage in the same way as normal oblivion damage glyph? Just spitballin'
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the prismatic damage glyph display it's damage in the same way as normal oblivion damage glyph? Just spitballin'

Nope, on recaps it'll say Prismatic Weapon
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a screenshot please.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the death recap will add up a few of the procs if they happen in a short enough time. One time in a duel a buddy showed me a death recap where I hit him for 16k damage health. Obviously i don't have a proc for that much.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mKmAsil.jpg
    This happened consistently vs that same player, across multiple different matches and against 2 of my own characters (and yes, I'm pretty sure it's the same person that @Scyantific is referring to), but no other players' procs showed up like that during those games.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torag's pact, infused main weapon, oblivion enchantment is my guess. Toss in shield breaker or wizard's repost for more damage.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit; the power sigil inside of Battlegrounds doubles all damage, and applies to EVERYTHING. Any player that glows red = instant death.

2609 sounds reasonable in Torugs + Infused.
    Source; 4twdavE.png
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on August 17, 2017 8:59PM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Torugs, infused, shadow stone, archers mind he procs the glyphs from stealth with a heavy attack so that the glyphs fire first and always crit.

Its not cheating, its genius, he's replicating proc set burst with Torugs and specific mechanics. This build excels in niche scenarios, run detect pots and once his 100% crit chance disappears and he has no defensive mechanics available he will melt.

@Gilliamtherogue does this sound reasonable to you?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 17, 2017 8:54PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Torugs, infused, shadow stone, archers mind he procs the glyphs from stealth with a heavy attack so that the glyphs fire first and always crit.

Its not cheating, its genius, he's replicating proc set burst with Torugs and specific mechanics. This build excels in niche scenarios, run detect pots and once his 100% crit chance disappears and he has no defensive mechanics available he will melt.

Oblivion damage cannot crit. It's because they had the BG power sigil, it doubles all damage. I just realized they were in a BG from the screenshot.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on August 17, 2017 8:58PM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oblivion damage cannot crit. The only likely explanation I can think of is the player was Emp, which doubles all damage if I recall correctly.

I was under the impression that all damage glyphs can crit. Shield breaker and Knight slayer do not crit because they are proc sets, the damage type is irrelevant.

Regardless, this is Battlegrounds, emp buffs don't apply. If my solution isn't right then its on the correct track, there's some sort of mechanical system in play that's allowing this amplified damage. Mathematically, CHD stacked with archers mind seems the most logical choice, since it gives us a similar endpoint, so that's where I started, any other suggestions?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 17, 2017 8:59PM
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were they emp? 2609 sounds reasonable in Torugs + Infused.
    Source; 4twdavE.png

@Gilliamtherogue This was in BGs, unless emp buffs apply in a BG match then Emp has absolutely nothing to do with it.

@wheem_ESO PM me, just want to make sure it's the same person I'm thinking of.
    Edited by Scyantific on August 17, 2017 9:00PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oblivion damage cannot crit. The only likely explanation I can think of is the player was Emp, which doubles all damage if I recall correctly.

I was under the impression that all damage glyphs can crit. Shield breaker and Knight slayer do not crit because they are proc sets, the damage type is irrelevant.

Regardless, this is Battlegrounds, emp buffs don't apply. If my solution isn't right then its on the correct track, there's some sort of mechanical system in play that's allowing this amplified damage. Mathematically, CHD stacked with archers mind seems the most logical choice, since it gives us a similar endpoint, so that's where I started, any other suggestions?

No I wasn't looking at the death recap properly. There are BG faction indicators which lead me to the conclusion of BG sigils. You cannot crit with Oblivion enchants, it is a core design to Oblivion damage. It bypasses all % interactions, positive and negative, in exchange for "True Damage".

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd ask if it's combining shield breaker damage (2150 on a shield) but I don't even see any light or heavy attacks.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion damage cannot crit. It's because they had the BG power sigil, it doubles all damage. I just realized they were in a BG from the screenshot.
    The game mode in that screenshot was Chaosball, so there is no sigil. This happened across multiple different game types, and I have another screenshot of the same player causing the same damage number in a Domination match (though against my Magicka Sorcerer in that case, instead of Warden as in the screenshot I posted).
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    I'd ask if it's combining shield breaker damage (2150 on a shield) but I don't even see any light or heavy attacks.
    Shield Breaker hits will use the same icon as Damage Health enchants, but the damage source will specifically list the set, rather than just "Damage Health." It'll also trigger a specific noise, which didn't happen when fighting against the player in question.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on August 17, 2017 9:56PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    The game mode in that screenshot was Chaosball, so there is no sigil. This happened across multiple different game types, and I have another screenshot of the same player causing the same damage number in a Domination match (though against my Magicka Sorcerer in that case, instead of Warden as in the screenshot I posted).
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Shield Breaker hits will use the same icon as Damage Health enchants, but the damage source will specifically list the set, rather than just "Damage Health." It'll also trigger a specific noise, which didn't happen when fighting against the player in question.

No sigils in chaos ball? I've only gotten 2 out of the past 20 BG's so I haven't really noticed. Weird, back to square one I guess. Could be as simple as cheat engine.

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you or one of your allies holding the ball while this player hit you? I know the Chaosball itself deals Oblivion damage over time as well. Can't recall the name of it on death recap.

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Chaosball damage is just listed as "Chaosball" if I'm not mistaken. Either way, it's definitely distinct from the damage health procs, though I don't recall whether or not I was carrying the Chaosball at the time of my death in the previous screenshot.

Here's the second screenshot that I have, which is from a domination game. In case anyone is curious, the living player seen in the screenshot does not show up at all on my death recap, and only the first item - Damage Health - is from the player that my original post is referring to; everything else came from his Sorc teammate.
    zWGrnbl.jpg
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've encountered this same player (confirmed with OP) and was hit consistently for 5219 Damage Health in multiple bg game types. I asked the perp how he is doing it and he was evasive and stand-offish. 5219 oblivion damage is not achievable with any currently available loadout - either he found an exploit or he has some old set that is no longer on any loot table. No idea.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I eagerly await the eventual unmasking of this mystery, but I got nothing to contribute.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • evasive
    evasive
    It was me who you were asking about my damage. same bow i made years ago. I have had the same gear for years. have not played in years.. have not changed my gear, maybe that's why. I had the best gear back then. log on started playing and you are saying i'm doing too much damage. I donno.... Maybe that's why the server is down... right after to started bugging me and said you were going to report me it went down.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    lol @evasive might u share your equip with us?
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the Patch Notes:

New Battleground Game Mode: Chaosball
    • Holding the ball comes at a cost as the Chaosball has a stacking healing and shield debuff, as well as pulsing Oblivion damage to all allies in the area, including the ball carrier.
    • There are no Sigils of Power in this game mode.

Maybe the Oblvion dmg of the chaos ball is added to the dmg of the enchant?

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be weapons (named Pact's/Covenant's/Dominion's Bow/Axe/Sword/etc.) that you could buy with AP that had an enchant that was stronger than anything you could craft, but the enchants on these weapons were nerfed when enchants were buffed in the Dark Brotherhood patch. Maybe he still has one of those (the bow had an Oblivion damage enchant on it) and ZOS accidentally reverted the nerf/the nerf didn't apply to weapons that were purchased before the nerf?

@evasive Does the name of your weapon start with Pact's, Covenant's, or Dominion's?
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on August 18, 2017 9:20AM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'll be Wrobel.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on August 18, 2017 9:25AM
    PC EU
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There used to be weapons (named Pact's/Covenant's/Dominion's Bow/Axe/Sword/etc.) that you could buy with AP that had an enchant that was stronger than anything you could craft, but the enchants on these weapons were nerfed when enchants were buffed in the Dark Brotherhood patch. Maybe he still has one of those (the bow had an Oblivion damage enchant on it) and ZOS accidentally reverted the nerf/the nerf didn't apply to weapons that were purchased before the nerf?

@evasive Does the name of your weapon start with Pact's, Covenant's, or Dominion's?

I think this is the answer. The damage of the enchant of the bow was double.
    Because I can!
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah but IIRC those weapons were v12 or v14 and existed before they increased all the player stat pools. It would be very surprising if a weapon enchant that old was buffed so high. @evasive if it's a weapon no longer on the loot table and we can't get it anyway, why not just tell us what it is so we can put this mystery to bed?