The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

NA-PC ping issues

jao0199
jao0199
✭✭✭
Hello,
On the past few days im having a worse ping than before. My usual ping is 180-200 and it is 210-240 now.
Some of my friends are having this issues too.
  • Reclaire
    Reclaire
    Me too. Played almost flawlessly without disconnects for a year and a half. Now since about Morrowind, almost unplayable. Nothing's changed on my end.....so ?
  • jao0199
    jao0199
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno there is something happening with NA servers atm?
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having similar issues. My ping usually is 180~200 ms , but since last maintenance I get these random lag spikes , and my ping goes to 600ish , or 999+.

I've tried repairing the game , opening the ports , etc. Nothing seems to work. Playing from Brazil on PC NA.
    Arkos Fortune - Kaor - Koras Fortune - Delaia - Leorio - Niota - Nyraele - Karos Fortune - Elara Fortune - Penélope - Frolics-in-the-swamp - Arynael - Sarovius - Eranyel
  • jao0199
    jao0199
    ✭✭✭
    hollywood wrote: »
    I'm having similar issues. My ping usually is 180~200 ms , but since last maintenance I get these random lag spikes , and my ping goes to 600ish , or 999+.

I've tried repairing the game , opening the ports , etc. Nothing seems to work. Playing from Brazil on PC NA.

Brazil here too
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping that the maintenance would fix or a least alleviate the issues with the unstable connection, but no such luck. Ping stil hovers around 210 (30 above normal) and constant spikes of 700+. I even tried a tunneling service earlier today , and it didn't help.

I've repaired the game , opened the ports , disabled all addons , called my ISP etc.. I don't know what else I can do from my end.
    Arkos Fortune - Kaor - Koras Fortune - Delaia - Leorio - Niota - Nyraele - Karos Fortune - Elara Fortune - Penélope - Frolics-in-the-swamp - Arynael - Sarovius - Eranyel
  • asuzab16_ESO
    asuzab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same here playing from Australia. It has now been 3 weeks since this problem started, right after the maintenance, and so far I haven't seen any improvement. I went from 220ms to 400ms and the game has been barely playable since then. I can feel the latency in PvE and PvP became impossible. My unchanged latency in other games and other ESO players having the same issues confirm that it is not a problem coming from my internet connexion. My Australian and Kiwi mates are in the same situation and from what I can read on the forum, we are not the only countries.

It really sucks because I had decided to give another chance to ESO (left a few weeks after the release) a few months ago and so far, I was very happy with the current state of the game. I was really looking forward to keep progressing in the game but after three weeks of logging, hoping that things would be better, I just decided to give up and I now just cancelled my ESO+ subscription and decided to go for another MMO. I will probably check in 6 months or a year if the problems are fixed and maybe give it a try again. Still frustrating because I really enjoyed my time playing ESO and I was hoping that I could keep doing so...

Edited by asuzab16_ESO on August 15, 2017 1:56PM
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    Same here playing from Australia. It has now been 3 weeks since this problem started, right after the maintenance, and so far I haven't seen any improvement. I went from 220ms to 400ms and the game has been barely playable since then. I can feel the latency in PvE and PvP became impossible. My unchanged latency in other games and other ESO players having the same issues confirm that it is not a problem coming from my internet connexion. My Australian and Kiwi mates are in the same situation and from what I can read on the forum, we are not the only countries.

It really sucks because I had decided to give another chance to ESO (left a few weeks after the release) a few months ago and so far, I was very happy with the current state of the game. I was really looking forward to keep progressing in the game but after three weeks of logging, hoping that things would be better, I just decided to give up and I now just cancelled my ESO+ subscription and decided to go for another MMO. I will probably check in 6 months or a year if the problems are fixed and maybe give it a try again. Still frustrating because I really enjoyed my time playing ESO and I was hoping that I could keep doing so...

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll probably do the same if the next maintenance doesn't help with the lag. I can play with high but stable latency early in the day , but at night the lag spikes invariably come. I can deal with the latency being high , but 999+ spikes where you can't even bar swap or use skills make any sort of play aside of casual questing impossible.

It's a shame , the new dungeons are fun but there is no way I'm going to try for vet or hm achievs right now.
  • jao0199
    jao0199
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is, the issue is real, but we are not getting any answer from ZOS.
    While this problem is happening im only losing my ESO plus game time, because i refuse to play while im lagging.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone still having issues with high latency or ping, please make sure you've done the troubleshooting listed in this post. If none of those troubleshooting steps has helped, you'll need to submit a support ticket for further investigation.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Axzaril
    Axzaril
    ✭✭
    I too have had increased latency from perhaps around 3 to 4 weeks ago. I'm in New Zealand, latency was normally around the 217ms mark. Now it sits between 300 - 370ms. I've contacted my ISP and they have checked everything at my end and have advised there are no issues from myself through them. It is outside of their control. I'll have to put a ticket in I guess.
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    I created a ticket , and even though the support staff was very nice and quick to answer my emails , ultimately the issue wasn't resolved. The spikes still happen at random times , this weekend was particularly bad , probably due to increased population online. I'm hoping that tomorrow maintenance helps with the problem , I miss doing PvP :'(
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hollywood wrote: »
    I created a ticket , and even though the support staff was very nice and quick to answer my emails , ultimately the issue wasn't resolved. The spikes still happen at random times , this weekend was particularly bad , probably due to increased population online. I'm hoping that tomorrow maintenance helps with the problem , I miss doing PvP :'(

Same here : ( I play from West Coast and my ping used to be 90-130 constantly. Now the lowest i have seen since the new update is 230, and whenever i load to a new zone or do a trial, it goes up to 300-400 : (

I just logged back on to check if it was improved, but its still high even when im standing around not doing anything.
    I talked to support as well, but nothing they suggested helped. Also nothing on my side (isp, etc) has changed. Same everything.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    I think the maintenance helped a bit , at least in my case. These last 2 days I still got some lag spikes , but they were way less frequent and severe , my latency just jumped to 300~350ish instead of 700+. I even tried some pvp today , and it was ok , I just need to get used to my new 200+ ping :P

Update: PvP is unplayable on weekends. Constant lag spikes.
    Edited by hollywood on August 27, 2017 12:51AM
  • TheAngelofDeath99
    TheAngelofDeath99
    ✭✭✭
    Reclaire wrote: »
    Me too. Played almost flawlessly without disconnects for a year and a half. Now since about Morrowind, almost unplayable. Nothing's changed on my end.....so ?

Same, morrowind effed everything up performance wise
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    Shameless bump. Issue still persists , constant lag spikes. It seems everyday there is a new post reporting a similar problem , be it lag or disconnects. I hope that the company at least realizes there is something wrong with their servers.