The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Explain why my connection sucks?

catch22atplay
catch22atplay
✭✭
I have a 250mb connection via xfinity/comcast. I monitor my connection via various tools. Sure there are times my connection has problems due to comcast or some other server between me and the game. But these are rare and far between. It's just gotten a lot worse lately and i mean in the last 2 weeks or so. Used to be 1 disconnect a week. Now it's 5-10 times a day or 3 times during 1 dung run. I check my programs and everything is fine except the game isn't. I'd like an explanation of what's going on.

Checking the game server 198.20.200.156 for example goes from Utah to Denver, then to Palo Alto, then to San Jose. Both being in SoCal. Then it hits deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com. Then it goes to europe. actually i think it goes to germany then sweden. It's the US server. Why are there 30+ hops and why is it going to europe? This makes no sense to me. Please explain.
  • catch22atplay
    catch22atplay
    ✭✭
    btw connecting to the EU server is 9 hops and not 30+. The US one starts the no response from host at 15 hops. That's still 6 hops more then the eu server.
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please more info @ZOS - something is up and you guys are going to do more damage-control by being transparent.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are a multitude of reasons as to why you may be getting disconnected multiple times a day. Are you getting any specific error messages when the disconnections occur? Are you using a variable or dynamic IP address? To start with you should make sure all required ports are open and nothing is interfering with ESO.

Add ESO as an exception to your antivirus software

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • ESO_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe (by default)

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what players should use. If required by the antivirus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\

Forward the game ports

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online you should configure you routers to open the following outbound ports:

All Platforms
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    • TCP Port 80
    • TCP Port 433

If you are still running into disconnections after trying these steps, you should look into submitting a support ticket. Please make sure to include a game consultant report when doing so.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • catch22atplay
    catch22atplay
    ✭✭
    Had already done as you suggested minus the submit a ticket. Tried way to many things to list here.

What worked was reinstalling the game. At least it appears to be fixed. Did not get disconnected once in 2 12 man raids last nite. Although I still am seeing high lag spikes now and then. Not sure why repair didn't help but a reinstall did. I'll also add that my framerate is up to where it used to be pre Morrowind.