Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Most livable city" in Tamriel?

Setamok
Setamok
Soul Shriven
The EU servers are down atm. so I have time for a bit of posting. :)

Question: What is the most livable city in all of Tamriel?

By "livable" I mean:

Access to services like crafting stations, bank, stable, guild traders, guild halls
Close proximity i.e. no need to mount up
Minimal zoning
Good connection to other cities via wayshrine, ship and/or caravan.
Pleasing surroundings, Good atmosphere

My favorite at the moment, is Rawl'kha in Reaper's March.

A ring of houses with a square in the middle. No need to mount up and the only zoning is the bank.

What is your favorite city?
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only played AD zones so far, so a bit of a newbie but reached level 50 yesterday yay! And I agree Rawl'kha is the most livible so far in terms of access to crafting and stores, plus it pretty!

My favourite city so far though is Abah's Landing its one of the only places that feels like a real city in scale, I do wish we had more larger settlements like that, where u feel you could actually get lost in. Plus Abah's Landing is stunning to look at.
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My house.

Next best is Rawlkha
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    For convenience still Stormhold, it's quieter than Rawl'ka for a few extra steps.

For beauty/chaos/real city hustle definitely Abah's Landing, hands down.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Windhelm. Safe walled city with lots of shops and buildings, plus my own home. Most convenience close to wayshrine. Yeah you can ride to get from woodworker to fighters guild faster, but none of the cities in game are enormous.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The dye station is a bit away but I love hanging out in Vivec, Mournhold used to be my go to before Morrowind but I like Vivec better. Much faster to do writs there.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at riften, too.
    Xbox NA
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Rivenspire easy access to all stations & travel
    Edited by grkkll on August 5, 2017 1:13PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elden root... its all together upstairs I do my writs in a circle.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mournhold. Some things are a little more spread out, but it has everything you could need. Plus its the best looking city in the game.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shornhelm, Rivenspire, hands down. Beyond what grkkll said about everything being close together, the town is great when you have a bounty: lots of alleyways to duck into, and the outlaw refuge is nearly in the centre of town with lots of access routes. (And there's a good concentration of nobles in the upper city once you clear the zone quest. :smiley: )

I'm still holding out hope for a nice house or apartment there.
    Edited by victoriana-blue on August 5, 2017 8:50PM
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be Stormhold but now Vivec City is easily the most convenient place as everything is so close together.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Velyn Harbor in Malabal Tor. Everything is close, and since there are no guild traders, it's a quiet place with few players (and no loading issues).
    PC-EU
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    Even though Rawl'kha is the most convenient for crafting/bank/stable/fencing, it doesn't feel like a real city to me, and it's too full of players standing around like zombies or spamming attacks. Eldenroot likewise does not feel like a city, just a big business park.

I haven't spent time in every city, but here are my thoughts on some others:

Windhelm - feels like a real city, most services are close by, the Nords are funny
    Abah's Landing - picturesque, feels "real," crafting stations close to each other (I can never find the consumables board though); no player housing
    Anvil/Kvatch - these feel like real cities. They'd be great if they had player housing and if the NPCs weren't being constantly slaughtered. It's gruesome. I do love the landscape of the Gold Coast and would like to live there, were it not for the corpses and doppelgängers.
    Marbruk and Skywatch - feel like cities, though they need more NPC houses; kind of a slog getting from the wayshrine to some services
    Wayrest - feels like a large city; I get turned around and lose my way; guild trading area is seizure-inducing at times

I think a lot of the cities don't feel real because they don't have NPC houses - it's as if no one actually lives in these cities. I chose to buy a house near a town that doesn't actually have many services, but the town feels inhabited and the wayshrine is close, so I can pop out to one of the busier places and come home to peace and quiet.
    Edited by Serelir on August 6, 2017 8:11PM
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    For me its got to be Windhelm
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest and Shornhelm. Shornhelm has all the crafting stations, bank and wayshrine close together. Wayrest has the better guild traders though.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest is my favorite. :)
    ->--Willow--<-
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riften is a definate contender IMHO
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Riften is a definate contender IMHO

I like Riften too, when the game had loading issues I used it instead of Mournhold for a long time, less people. Do the same thing in Vivec now. More people there than in Riften but things are closer.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn has the writs drop off location. I park all my characters there
    Edited by Dread_Guy on August 6, 2017 1:12AM
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I hate Rawl'kha. Just hate it. Horrible place. No one should EVER go there, EVER.

Yeah, it's a dump. Absolutely terrible. Don't go there, you'd hate it.

(Actually I love it, but it's really crowded and I don't want anyone else to move in!)
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest or Kvatch for me
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Rawl'kha is my home.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could have a house instead of an apartment in Mournhold. I find it the easiest place to pick up, and complete, writs and dailies.
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    I'd say daggerfall is the most liveable city, though it is a bit laggy due to the noob DCs spawning there, though I'd have to say my favorite city is Vivec city, though Orsinium is pretty awesome too. Also Sentinel.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've switched most of my parked characters to Vivic City. Grabbing the writs and doing them there is even faster than in Rawl'kha, and you don't have to go inside for the bank. The wayshrine and the stable are just a few steps away. Thieves den, too. The only thing missing is a dye station, but I don't need that often.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Cancer is pretty nice
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no perfectly practical city because writ drop off is in belcarth and undaunted are...not. So I spend most of my time between mournhold and belcarth.
    So really as long as there's a wayshrine within a stamina-bars sprint, it's convenient enough for me.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'kha and Vivec are the same. I use Vivec since there is a lower chance of disconnecting due to full instance.

They're the only two good ones. Every other city is missing something.

My favourite cities aesthetically are Abbah's Landing and Wayrest though as they are the only cities that feel like actual "cities".

A collection of 5 houses isn't a city. :P
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 12, 2017 12:51AM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Setamok wrote: »
    Access to services like crafting stations, bank, stable, guild traders, guild halls
    Close proximity i.e. no need to mount up
    Minimal zoning
    Good connection to other cities via wayshrine, ship and/or caravan.
    Pleasing surroundings, Good atmosphere

Shornhelm has everything close to bank and wayshrine, including cooking station.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For lower level crafting alts, I go to Stormhold. Once they reach max crafting level, they all hangout in Belkarth. Belkarth is a little more running from one station to the next but they turn in writs there so.......yeah!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️