Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Relic Carrier Debuff - what's the deal?

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Whenever I hold a relic, after a minute or so there seems to be a hefty debuff that builds that prevents healing to the point where even a resto ult + vigor + potion won't heal to full even without anyone beating on me. However I can't find anything in my UI indicating a debuff.

Yet often I'm in a 3vX hammering away at an enemy flag carrier for several minutes with seemingly no diminishing of their healing received or mitigation/sustain.

Is there a debuff or not? And if so have players already found a way to circumvent it?

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is a healing and shield debuff as well as a Oblivion Damage DoT on you that gets bigger and bigger the longer you hold the ball, its the intended effect of the gamemode. Btw the damage hits allies close to you as well. So you hold the ball until you inevitably die, you can't drop it or give it to allies.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a healing and shield debuff as well as a Oblivion Damage DoT on you that gets bigger and bigger the longer you hold the ball, its the intended effect of the gamemode. Btw the damage hits allies close to you as well. So you hold the ball until you inevitably die, you can't drop it or give it to allies.

And this is all under the "Relic Carrier Debuff"... debuff, right? Solariken asked me last night since we played against each other and I genuinely didn't know (and actually looked it up for myself... must've missed that patch note the first go around) and I didn't notice anything particularly weird. I usually just pop healing ward/mutagen and attempt to haul ass to the point, though. So maybe because I was keeping my health topped off it wasn't appearing weird on my end...?

I've never seen it in a death recap, but I also imagine it'd get eclipsed by the 80 other attacks thrown at me, so it's possible I missed it if it did show up.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there is a healing debuff. If people are good tanks they can still mitigate a lot of damage.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure this is about Capture the Flag aka Capture the Relic, not the new Chaosball. Relic does no damage to you. Afaik all it does is disable some of the movement skills such as Streak and Cloak(but not sprint, Maneuvers and Major Expidition-.-). Could the OP just have healing debuff from other sources? Defile applied by other players?
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there's no named debuff like Major Defile going on.

From here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4099211/#Comment_4099211

"Player characters carrying flags during Capture the Flag games will now have an escalating debuff to their healing received and damage shields."

So I guess it doesn't do damage (and Paul was probably thinking of Chaosball then), but it does inflict penalties to healing received and shields.

I think it's all under the Relic Carrier Debuff, but I wish it would tell you percentages... or tiers... or anything, really.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

From here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4099211/#Comment_4099211

"Player characters carrying flags during Capture the Flag games will now have an escalating debuff to their healing received and damage shields."

So I guess it doesn't do damage (and Paul was probably thinking of Chaosball then), but it does inflict penalties to healing received and shields.

I think it's all under the Relic Carrier Debuff, but I wish it would tell you percentages... or tiers... or anything, really.

Oh wow I didn't actually know that despite carrying so many relics lmao :D Interesting.
    Edited by Magdalina on August 3, 2017 7:09PM
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

From here:

Oh wow I didn't actually know that despite carrying so mamy relics lmao :D Interesting.

I only found out last night! We learn something new every day~
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the insight guys. So there is a stacking heal debuff, but I'm guessing ZOS forgot to make it affect health recovery which could be how some players can laugh it off indefinitely.

Is HP recovery included in your debuff mechaniculations @ZOS_BrianWheeler?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight guys. So there is a stacking heal debuff, but I'm guessing ZOS forgot to make it affect health recovery which could be how some players can laugh it off indefinitely.

Is HP recovery included in your debuff mechaniculations @ZOS_BrianWheeler?

If it's working same way as Defile it's not affected. But they're changing Defile to affect health recover too next patch sooo...who knows.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the relic debuff doesn't affect resistances afaik, so it will take a long time until it becomes difficult for a brick wall tank to stay alive.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the relic debuff isn't active right away. It kicks in if you've had the relic for a certain period of time.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?