Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favorite class for solo/questing?

skyfiredraco
skyfiredraco
✭✭✭
Hey guys. Got a question that i'm sure pops up every now and then lol.

But currently, what, in your opinions, is the best class for solo'ing and questing around?

I know this is highly opinionated and that any class can "do the job" but i'm looking for favorites here, and the "why" behind them :)

I played ESO pretty heavily quite awhile ago. Ended up with one max level char (a stamblade lol) that cleared "hero of the aldmeri dominion" and "bane of the gold coast" but not much else.

I came back recently for Morrowind and have a 23 magicka warden that i'm playing with... but i'm not sure i like frost as a centerpiece (my 3rd fav in destro staves, etc.)... honestly, my favorite part of it is having a bear lmao.

So i'm looking around at other alts to mess with to maybe jump in and do/finish vvardenfell and/or do ebonheart or daggerfall for funzies. I've dabbled on most chars up to like, level 15... but that is basically nothing and i'm open to suggestions (not to mention we're talking a long time and a lot of patches ago on most of them).

So yea... group content and pvp are bonuses, but i'm focusing on questing, exploring, world bosses, public dungeons, delves, etc. here.

What do you guys like to roll with? :)

cheers all.
PS4 / NA
  • mjharper
    mjharper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a magicka warden too, and it's a blast for PvE. It will solo pretty much all 4-player dungeons, at least on normal, and I'm not having too much difficulty soloing Craglorn either. Though I don't have tonnes of experience (a templar on launch, then a stamina nightblade, now my warden), this is the class I'm having the most fun with.

Frost is basically useless unless you want to tank, though; and it's pretty awful for that. Switch to a lightning staff :)
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka nightblade because you can just perma invis through any dungeon with rapids or blur.
  • Pseron_Wyrd
    Pseron_Wyrd
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently having a lot of fun solo questing with my magicka Dragon Knight.
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always do solo stuff with my magsorc. I'll bet a lot of people will say that. The class has great damage output, damage mitigation, and healing. I can solo pretty much any vet dungeon that's possible to solo. vMA is a breeze with it too once you've gotten a few runs under your belt.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never play mag builds so I can't speak for those, but after a stam DK and stam sorc fully leveled and main game completed, and a stam warden partially leveled, I can say I'm having way more fun leveling my stamina nightblade just because of the frenetic combat style, lots of of fun. And yes you can just cloak through enemies. If you're looking toward doing vMA sometime in the future though you may want to do a magblade because those are one of the stronger classes for solo play. Stamina builds will always be harder but the melee style combat brings out the relentless, in your face fighting that I love about stamblade. Oh, I did actually level a mag sorc up to 40 before race changing it to a stam sorc. Hated the mag rotations and battle style, made me want to quit from boredom.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 2, 2017 6:45PM
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My three favorites are:
    Magsorc
    Magden
    Stamden

I haven't encountered anything I couldn't put the hurt to in PvE/questing.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • zcripturez
    NightBlade easily especially if you build it as magicka.

Some of your main damaging attacks also double as self heals, and perma invisibility for easy thieves guild/ Dark Brotherhood questing.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden. I have three Wardens now :)
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • skyfiredraco
    skyfiredraco
    ✭✭✭
    ty so far all! =D

love that there is a variety... that tells me i have options :)

Mag warden isn't quite clicking for some reason... but i might just have to give it more time.

My only "high level" char is my old stamblade. Got her to champ 162 before i stopped playing and am having a hard time getting back into her... but i'm seeing several people mentioning a magblade... i might have to look into respeccing and trying out a magicka build for giggles :)
    PS4 / NA
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm currently having a lot of fun solo questing with my magicka Dragon Knight.

Might not be the most powerful, but it seems like it when everything is on fire :)
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭
    ty so far all! =D

love that there is a variety... that tells me i have options :)

Mag warden isn't quite clicking for some reason... but i might just have to give it more time.

My only "high level" char is my old stamblade. Got her to champ 162 before i stopped playing and am having a hard time getting back into her... but i'm seeing several people mentioning a magblade... i might have to look into respeccing and trying out a magicka build for giggles :)

I wasn't going to respond to this thread as I only have one character and haven't played the other classes yet for comparison, so I can't tell you which class is "best" for solo play. I play a stamsorc. It's probably not the most effective build for any situation (solo, PVE or PVP), but I can say for solo play at least, it is completely viable if you set it up right. Lots of self healing, deals decent damage (and I sometimes run with a pet to tank for me); really the only issue I have is with stamina management, but that can be overcome with food buffs and the occasional heavy attack.

Again, I'm not trying to argue that stamsorc is the best setup - it probably isn't. But it does work. Just giving you another option to try.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade. Cloak past ALL the trash.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it difficult to choose a favorite because there is no exact plus or minus to a specific class if you're only doing quests. They can all "do the job." More important than class, I find is the gear choice to sync with your play style.

But, I guess I'd choose nightblade. I like sneaky to bypass stuff when I don't feel like fighting.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka nightblade because you can just perma invis through any dungeon with rapids or blur.

Runschei wrote: »

Yep, and bypass all the gold and loot that you can sell for gold. Then you beg in town because you're broke and can't afford anything.

As far as soloing, it's a tossup between my Mag Templar (biting jabs for a 1-button win), my Stam Nightblade or Stam Warden (DW spin to win).
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My all time favorite is Mag DK's. Burning everything to the ground is a lot of fun! Plus, I have always been able to solo way more of the game on them, I can take on larger groups without any concern of death whatsoever, and nothing else has been as fun. Magplars are kind of a second for me. I have way less time invested in them, but when I did play one a bit, it was crazy easy to play, like it made me laugh it was so ridiculous. I have a MagSorc, but lightning is kind of a boring thing for me. My stamina players I don't care for as much, but I play the crap out of my stam DK for points. I hate my Nightblade. That is not a class I want to play, but I keep her so I wont forget how much I hate playing one and try to level another one later. My baby Warden is pretty boring too at this point.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • skyfiredraco
    skyfiredraco
    ✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »

Yep, and bypass all the gold and loot that you can sell for gold. Then you beg in town because you're broke and can't afford anything.

As far as soloing, it's a tossup between my Mag Templar (biting jabs for a 1-button win), my Stam Nightblade or Stam Warden (DW spin to win).

other side of the coin with stealth... and one of the reasons i remember enjoying stamblade...

easy blade of woe :P

i wouldn't stealth PAST the trash, i'd stealth up TO the trash, BoW the meanest one (or the healer) and then aoe down the rest. But its hard doing that and surviving unless i run 2h with rally, vigor and brawler lol :-\

Starting to lean towards magblade, mag-dk or mag-warden so far from the responses... kinda surprised at how few sorc and templar suggestions theres been (they were the solo kings when i played last lol).

Giving some serious consideration to magblade simply because i can go respec and have a max-level out of the gate (though i figure i'll have to do some re-gearing). Might change it up a bit while keeping my blade of woe bloodied ;P

PS4 / NA
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    My vote would be mag templar and mag nb. Their #1 damage skill also heals them.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yes that tasty 4 gold pr dead body. So sad I miss that.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other side of the coin with stealth... and one of the reasons i remember enjoying stamblade...

easy blade of woe :P

i wouldn't stealth PAST the trash, i'd stealth up TO the trash, BoW the meanest one (or the healer) and then aoe down the rest. But its hard doing that and surviving unless i run 2h with rally, vigor and brawler lol :-\

Starting to lean towards magblade, mag-dk or mag-warden so far from the responses... kinda surprised at how few sorc and templar suggestions theres been (they were the solo kings when i played last lol).

Giving some serious consideration to magblade simply because i can go respec and have a max-level out of the gate (though i figure i'll have to do some re-gearing). Might change it up a bit while keeping my blade of woe bloodied ;P

Nah, just run DW and spin to win. remember to use killer's blade to finish them (your execute) and the free heal. I also have Bloodthirst and blood craze morph and use Bahrah's Curse armor set along with Briarthorn to help with survivability. I have no issues keeping myself healed.

basically, my rotation is <stealth>, Endless hail, ambush, spin2win, Killer's blade. Mobs are usually dead before I'm below 50% health.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What you get from the trash mobs is not valuable, only useful for deconstruction. A lot of faster ways to earn gold in this game.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What you get from the trash mobs is not valuable, only useful for deconstruction. A lot of faster ways to earn gold in this game.

Agree. I'd rather run through quests and dungeons with max speed and do several in a short period of time, than do it all in 'regular' speed and do less content in the same period of time. PRetty sure I'd make some gold out of that.

Edit; half my post vanished
    Edited by Runschei on August 2, 2017 8:39PM
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    magblade
  • krullskull
    Templar for me,
    Not sure what the funky name is for them, but I use sword and board with shield assault and puncturing sweep, also staff with javelin for distant attacks and healing.

I also have a nightblade and Sorcerer but I find not as versatile as my Templar.

I am rolling a warden ATM and having fun.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower level: magplar w destro/restro, for the heals, aoe, Nova ulti and decent dps

CP level with end-game gear: stamblade with DW/Bow, for the fast kills, melee+ranged combo and tons of stam regen so you can sprint all day long. When I solo on my stamblade in delves and quest areas, it's funny to see lower level toons queuing behind me to let me kill off the trash mobs while they get in one or two light attacks for the xp and loot. It's cool--I built my stamblade to be a self-sufficient, time-efficient soloing mass murderer and it's no drain on me when other people want to just cruise along in her bloody wake.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar. Puncturing Sweep aka Faceroll.
    - gear independent;
    - casual kill&heal gameplay;
    - easy to start, easy to master )
    - brainless rotation (need some only for solo worldbosses);
    - perfect DD & healer hybrid. Could be a selfheal-tank at the same time;
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    I yet to experience the Warden, however, I would rank my 3 favorites in this order

magSorc
    stamDK
    magNB

I'm biased to the sorc as it was my first class and have almost cleared all content with him, sorc is really solo master race. You can mitigate damage very easily as well as dish out some top tier single AND AoE target damage.

That said, I have yet to find something my stamDK can't handle on his own, of course I feel that goes for every class given the gear and skill set kit you put together.

I think magNB is a very very forgiving class? I would recommend it to any new player to give it a shot.
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's Magblade (if you're a lazy player/in a hurry and want to take advantage of the stealth) or Magplar if you want to kill everything and don't want to rely on anyone else to heal you.
    Both classes are really fun for solo play and group events.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer