The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Constant disconnects/crashes in cyrodiil

schwarzman1
schwarzman1
✭✭✭
PS4 NA
Campaign - shor

Anytime I am near a large fight everything freezes and I get a check your internet error.
PS4 NA AD
PSN: schwarzman1
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA
    Campaign - shor

Anytime I am near a large fight everything freezes and I get a check your internet error.

Working as intended and ZOS will say the issue is on your end, not theirs.

Welcome to Cyrodiil on console.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The error "Unable to Connect to Server. Please Check Your Internet Connection" indicates an interruption with your connection, which could cause a freeze up like you are experiencing. The article linked below has some troubleshooting that may help which involves checking if required ports are open along with checking the connection itself.

What do I do if I keep getting disconnected on PlayStation 4 with the error message "Unable to Connect to Server. Please Check Your Internet Connection"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    The error "Unable to Connect to Server. Please Check Your Internet Connection" indicates an interruption with your connection, which could cause a freeze up like you are experiencing. The article linked below has some troubleshooting that may help which involves checking if required ports are open along with checking the connection itself.

What do I do if I keep getting disconnected on PlayStation 4 with the error message "Unable to Connect to Server. Please Check Your Internet Connection"?

Thank you so much, I want to add some things as well. (it mostly involves must have Internet connection error, I think it's the same) I have written a ticket as was recommended to do.

My ticket got closed later on though. I could written back after it was closed. But decided not to do. Eventhough the ESO support was helpful and kind. All the steps not work with my Must have valid Internet connection. (unable to connect to Server)

So I'll leave the suggestions from my recent closed ticket. Hopefully it might help others, and might get lucky.

(Starts at the bottom to the top being most recent. Unsure why pics are at the bottom)

COMMUNICATION HISTORY
    I posted On Unplayable Lag master Thread, in ESO Forum, We where told to post in...
    Response Logan via Email 07/15/2017 02:54 PM
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Logan, and it's my pleasure to assist you today.

I see you've been experiencing severe lag and connection issues on ESO. You've clearly done a lot to try and establish a good connection. We're going to do everything we can to get your game working properly! I have provided some additional troubleshooting solutions that can help you out.

For starters, try giving your console a power cycle.
    To do so:
    1. Press and hold the [PS] button on your controller.
    2. Turn off the PS4 with Turn Off PS4 and not "Enter Rest Mode."
    3. Make sure the light goes out on the console and then unplug its power cable and wait for 10 seconds.
    4. Plug the power cable back in and turn the console back on by pressing the [PS] button on your controller.

In addition to the above, deleting your ESO saved data file can resolve many console errors. Please be aware that deleting the save data will only reset your Options settings, and that no character data or game progress will be affected.
    To do so:
    1. From the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, navigate to Settings.
    2. Go to Application Saved Data.
    3. In Application Saved Data, select The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel.
    4. Press the [Options] button of the controller on the ESO:TU Save Data.
    5. Select Delete.

I also encourage you to try changing the DNS settings on the console manually. To do so, follow these steps:
    Go to Settings.
    Got to Network.
    Select Set up internet connection.
    Select Wifi or Lan depending on the connection needed.
    Select Custom.
    Set the IP Address Settings to Automatic.
    Set the DHCP Host Name to Do Not Specify.
    Set the DNS Settings to Manual.
    Primary DNS 8.8.8.8
    Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4
    Set the MTU Settings to Automatic.
    Set the Proxy Server to None.

I sincerely hope the above solutions solve your problems. If you continue to have issues, please let us know. Although I am setting this ticket to solved, all you have to do respond to this ticket to continue communications.

Thank you for your continued interest and support. Have a good one.

Warm Regards,
    Logan
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about The Elder Scrolls Online, including release-date info:
    https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline
    http://twitter.com/TESOnline
    http://elderscrollsonline.com

Customer Justin Jones via CSS Email 07/15/2017 02:15 PM
    Hi, thanks to. I will send 3 different speed test. 1 directly from my PS4 internet test and 2 third party speed tests Directly on my PS4 as well. TestMyNet.com I trust the most. The 3rd is to 1 of UK speedtest run. It shows my download ok, for over seas to UK from NA. But my Upload not good however.

I will also show what my Internet looks like and how it's connected. Via outside and inside. I also decided to test wifi internet as well, but not speed test. (I'm always wired) but it shows my neighbors internet wifi as well (in separate house next door) I wonder if it's interfering with my internet?

Also nothing is blocking my internet, at same time I did raise it way up last yr, due to Tractor Semi with trailer, next door blocking my signal. Also please note, the images attached are not in order. I'm unsure how to do this and very sorry. However I hope these new info will help to and very thankful for you all have done for me :)

On Saturday, 15 July 2017, ESO English Support <ESO_Help@helpmail.elderscrollsonline.com> wrote:
    Response Jeremy via Email 07/15/2017 08:36 AM
    Hey again,

Thank you for the update!

When you run a connection test on the console, what do the results show? Playstation Network tests are explained here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm Regards,
    Jeremy
    Customer Justin Jones via CSS Email 07/15/2017 02:40 AM
    Hi, thank you. I made a static IP for my PS4. I forwarded ports that was recommended below. I tested for couple of days. The recommended ports that goes to my PS4' some say established and assured.

I'm thinking of trying out downloading Merlin for my Asus RT AC88u Router to see if it helps. I just have to look for a guide for best settings.

My PS4 is directly wired to router. I have Nat 2.

My internet is Broadband. I get 10MB Download and 2MB upload. (Used to be 5MB Upload until my ip decided to downgrade everyone.) My internet probably slow. I however have no trouble with other MMO games.

I have also have my printer on and my ipad. I have tried turning these stuff off, that was connecting to,internet at same time. But to no avail, I still have same issues with or without them connecting to internet, during same time as my ps4.

I also pay $10 extra for separate static ip from my internet provider. I been asking around to see if business class internet is better than residential. I was told by others it's not worth it. I'm so unsure if I should just go ahead a switch to Business class internet instead.

I'm up for anything, even more so after playing after IC came out for PS4. Buy after IC came out on PS4 I had problems now. I really want to do dungeons, especially trials. Way much, without freezing and getting kicked out of game. I'm just unsure what to do now.

. I feel like a burden to everyone honestly. I don't say lfg and such as, especially me as a Templar healer. PS4 NA have same issues for me as in PS4 EU. PC NA as well, but I don't understand why I don't lag or freeze on PC PTS. That's what's confusing me. It's the only version that is playable.

My internet provider is Washington Broadband Inc, In case if that's needed to thanks for help though as well. But it not work no offense, but same time was very helpful and insightful all the same.

On Jul 11, 2017, at 7:58 AM, ESO English Support <ESO_Help@helpmail.elderscrollsonline.com> wrote:

Response Tyler via Email 07/11/2017 10:58 AM
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Tyler, and I'd be happy to continue assisting you today. Thank you for the valuable information you have provided. For now we are going to try some basic troubleshooting steps.

We suggest you forward certain ports to ensure that your console is able to reach our servers. Different consoles will require different ports, so you should ensure that the ports suggested below are open for the platform you're playing on:

PlayStation 4 Ports:
    TCP Ports 10040 through 10060
    UDP Ports 50000 through 60000
    UDP Ports 12000 through 32000
    UDP Port 6250
    UDP Port 5060
    UDP Port 5062
    UDP Port 3478 through 3479
    TCP Port 80
    TCP Port 433
    In addition to the above, you should ensure the following ports are forwarded regardless of platform:
    TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331

For instructions on how to forward ports, please contact either your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or manufacturer of your modem/router.
    If you ever have any other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again! We'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Tyler

Keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about The Elder Scrolls Online, including release-date info:

Auto-Response 07/11/2017 12:42 AM
    Greetings!

Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that our support office is currently closed. Our support hours are between 9am and 10pm Eastern Standard Time, seven days a week. We will investigate your inquiry as soon as we reopen.

Our goal is to investigate and respond to your contact within six business hours.

We appreciate your patience.

Warm Regards,
    The Bethesda Support Team
    Customer Justin Jones via CSS Web 07/11/2017 12:42 AM
    I posted On Unplayable Lag master Thread, in ESO Forum, We where told to post in support if problem not fixed for us. My response I posted in thread. I'll send trace route for both servers. But I mostly Play on PS4 EU. (I hope it works. EU server is 1st attachment , then the NA) Link: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/357291/unplayable-lag-master-thread-please-share-your-details/p3

1. Location, Washington State, United States

2. And 3. / Server, PS4 NA/EU. PC NA. (Mostly PS4 EU)

4. ISP: Washington Broadband Inc

5. (Same issues as EU on both NA PS4 and NA PC, since same issues on EU, I play EU mostly)

Teleporting, hear lag, freezing, odd figures in towns. People speaking, but unable see who are speaking, until npc's finally loads. Guild traders take long to load, unable to partake in dungeons and trials and battle grounds without getting kicked out or freezing. Many more. (Happens to all 3 platforms mentioned above)
    THIS INCIDENT CANNOT BE REOPENED OR UPDATED. IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE, PLEASE SUBMIT A NEW QUESTION BY CLICKING THE ASK A QUESTION TAB.
    ADDITIONAL DETAILS
    Email Address

Reference Number
    170711-000205
    Status
    Solved
    Created
    07/11/2017 12:42 AM
    Updated
    07/15/2017 02:54 PM
    Category
    Technical Support
    My game is crashing/freezing
    File Attachments
    Text document tracert 195.122.154.1.txt (1.15 KB)
    Text document tracert 198.20.198.110.txt (1.89 KB)
    HTML document IMG_1830.JPG (828.12 KB)
    HTML document IMG_1829.JPG (2.41 MB)
    HTML document IMG_1828.JPG (1.02 MB)
    HTML document IMG_1827.JPG (742.58 KB)
    HTML document IMG_1826.JPG (1.17 MB)
    HTML document IMG_1825.JPG (1.04 MB)
    HTML document IMG_1824.JPG (707.21 MB)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • schwarzman1
    schwarzman1
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

My connection is fine. Works great except in cyrodiil in high populated areas.
    PS4 NA AD
    PSN: schwarzman1
  • Esomorrowind89
    It's zos they make out it's your fault and your isps fault which in fact isn't there servers can't handle the load so you get kicked out in groups until server can handle the amount plus there errors arnt correct most the times either I get kicked for spamming when I don't even use the chat function
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necroing this because it still happens to me and many others on PC/NA. It's ridiculous.