The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Proc sets and crits in U15

nCats
nCats
✭✭✭
Hello,

given the incoming changes, I started to wonder about bringing crits back for proc sets.

For pve, I'd say why not, it was blocked due to pvp in the first place as far as I remember.

For pvp... As an example, viper: combined with sharpened nerf, the damage output of a typical viper setup has gone down considerably. I have tried to think if a good dot build would still use it, but am not certain if it'd be indeed useful without crit. At the same time, I am not at all certain about those insta-big-damage sets like Selene or Velidreth, even with the nerfs they are getting. A proposition then would be to bring back crits for proc-DoTs.

What do you people think?

(if someone cares, I don't run procs since that's not how I like it, the question is honest and is purely about balance)

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way I'd want any proc damage set to crit is if the max tooltip is around 3-4k. We've taken one step forward, no point in taking 2 steps back. If PvE is harder because procs don't crit, just make the robo-monsters easier.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% no..

The point of the changes is the crit change didn't do enough and they are still OP. and free resource.

If anything they need a further Nerf.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No proc sets need to be nerfed more.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    procs not criting was stupid from the start. why nerf every set in game just because a few were overpowered in the first place.

just like no block/sprint regen. people are still blocking forever due to ult regen and shield ulty. people can still sprint forever with things like dark deal.

zos just throws a carpet over a pile of dirt and thinks everythings okay instead of cleaning it. then they have company over and theres lumps under the carpet. zos's company still see's the lumps of dirt while zos puts on a smile and ignores the subject.

we all know that zos treats pvp like a small puppy. they throw a bone (something op) in the opposite direction and focus on the crown store.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 27, 2017 9:32PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP is all about going from full defence/HP to full burst attack during combat.

The builds that can do that faster are the metas. Nothing else can win.
    ZOS needs to start killing features that enhance this combat.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, sweet summer child. Still believing ZoS removed crit from all proc sets in this game because PVPers stacking impen complained about 4-5 sets in the game.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    The only way I'd want any proc damage set to crit is if the max tooltip is around 3-4k. We've taken one step forward, no point in taking 2 steps back. If PvE is harder because procs don't crit, just make the robo-monsters easier.

Valid point in effect, now that I calculated. Even viper's dot would be like 1.5k a second. In no-cp, 100 weapon damage ( all buffs included) is like +200 to dizzying tooltip. If viper was 3200 and a dot which would crit, that'd be balanced.

Coincidentally, that heavy fire set has something around that tooltip, but who runs it.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Oh, sweet summer child. Still believing ZoS removed crit from all proc sets in this game because PVPers stacking impen complained about 4-5 sets in the game.

I understand some proc sets had insane dps because of crit but its base damage could of been nerfed instead of straight removing crit.

Removing proc based crits was just a kick in the face to anyone running a crit build in pvp. Which was already niche since so many players used shields negating all that crit anyway.

They probably removed proc crit because they couldn't fix malubeth from criting for billions of hp and got fed up with it...

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 27, 2017 10:50PM
    PS4 NA DC